• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Pau Gasol on the trading block

BigBenedict242

Quote:

They are both soft who put up stats and plays no D. I am getting the feeling that some folks on the board just want to get a white guy on the squad by any means necessary....if that's the case lets trade Smoove, Marvin for Manu..my bad he's from Argentina right?

Needless race card entry. I don't see anyone trying to trade Smoove for John Edward.

Not too long ago people were debating about who is better between Gasol and Nowitzky. How times have changed.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

They are both soft who put up stats and plays no D. I am getting the feeling that some folks on the board just want to get a white guy on the squad by any means necessary....if that's the case lets trade Smoove, Marvin for Manu..my bad he's from Argentina right?

Now you sound silly.

When one plays the race card that is b/c he has nothing else to say..ran out of legitimate excuses.

Quote:

I guarantee you that if you announce you have traded your marquee player for Pau Gasol, you will LOSE ticket revenue. No besides baskeball geeks like us have any idea who Pau Gasol is.

That is the problem right now. The player (who some think) is our marquee player has no clue what team basketball is and the players on the team seem sick of hiom jacking up shots he can't hit.

Fans will forget all about Smoove if we make the playoffs without him.

7 years and counting with no playoffs. Something has got to give.

Either Smith wakes up and plays within himself or we have to cash him out for what we can get. With the way he has played up to date I want no part of Smoove on a long term contract.

Soon JJ may say....either Smoove goes or I go...kind of like Kobe with Shaq in LA.

Quote:

Quote:

Now you sound silly.

When one plays the race card that is b/c he has nothing else to say..ran out of legitimate excuses.

Over the past couple of years I have heard scenerios trading Smoove (and sometimes Marvin) for:

Pryzbilla

Biedrens

Brad Miller

Kayman

Dsvid Lee

Mike Miller

The list goes on and on...you tell me?

If I were GM, I would put this team together:

PG - Steve Nash

SG - Korver

PF - Gasol

C - Biedrins

SF - Mike Miller

Bench:

Zaza, Kaman, Jason Williams, Pat Garrity, Matt Harpring.

Now that's a team we could watch.

Quote:

I guarantee you that if you announce you have traded your marquee player for Pau Gasol, you will LOSE ticket revenue. No besides baskeball geeks like us have any idea who Pau Gasol is.

I agree here. Smoove definitely has a lot of marketability going for him. That does make it harder to trade him. But, in basketball terms, I would make that trade.

It has nothing to do with race either. I only care about quality of play on the court. I do tend to like athletic players, so Im not the biggest fan of certain white guys, but I digress...

The question has always been how long do we want to wait on potential. A Gasol trrade gets us a player that is used to being a first option type player, something we dont have here, outside of JJ. IT still may be necessary to play Horford at center because he may be a better defender at center than Gasol.

Quote:

Over the past couple of years I have heard scenerios trading Smoove (and sometimes Marvin) for:

Pryzbilla

Biedrens

Brad Miller

Kayman

Dsvid Lee

Mike Miller

The list goes on and on...you tell me?

You lose credibility when you type/spell like you're drunk

Good thing that I don't crave "credibility" from message boards.