• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

So there is a guy that needs to be banned in CHAT.

bumpyphish1

Quote:

...Hey, John Wayne, I sense your sarcasm, and you are way off base. Were you even in there? The guy was talking about doing lewd things to bloody fetuses and [censored]. Totally gross and inapproriate.

Naw, I'm not being sarcastic at all. Like I said insta-ban. He kept posting so much (in all caps - hint?) that we couldn't talk about the game. I agree - it was disgusting. I was only there for the second half - using my normal name.

Quote:

it was lawstudent101, under various name/host changes to get around the ban that was already in place. Due to what he said he got himself a life ban on this site.

you know I caught some flack by some of the "free speechers" like Diesel and Walt over baiting that little kid but in the end I was right.

he was a little kid that added 0 to the basketball discussion around here.

not that "being right" is important around here or anything

grin.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

I caught some flack by some of the "free speechers" like Diesel and Walt over baiting that little kid but in the end I was right.

The kid said something that got him banned. Good for him. However, I stick by what I said. It's far too easy to gang up on people who you have a different point of view from and try to ex-communicate them simply for being different. I don't think that's the intent of any messageboard. I think there definitely needs to be order and fairness. However, you baiting everybody that you disagree with is probably more childish than what LS101 did! How long before the microscope swings your way?

soapbox.gif

I honestly can't think of another person I've done that to. If I have you're the guy that can find it.

Once again as I have stated before this is what's being lost in our discussion.

It never was about "point of view." It was always about a 12 year old kid that tried to pass himself off as something he wasn't.

I'm not the Squawk police nor am I attempting to be. If you try to make that assertion that limb will break in no time my friend.

Quote:

I honestly can't think of another person I've done that to. If I have you're the guy that can find it.

Once again as I have stated before this is what's being lost in our discussion.

It never was about "point of view." It was always about a 12 year old kid that tried to pass himself off as something he wasn't.

I'm not the Squawk police nor am I attempting to be. If you try to make that assertion that limb will break in no time my friend.

Agreed. His Hawks related opinions were nothing out of the ordinary, it was all the extra crap that got him in trouble, and none of that should be tolerated here.

• Premium Member

Quote:

His Hawks related opinions were nothing out of the ordinary,
it was all the extra crap that got him in trouble, and none of that should be tolerated here

I agree there Sheedera..

I'm in no way defending the kid because I wasn't in the chat last night and have no idea of what went on and if he was being childish, he brought it upon himself.

But my understanding is that the original ban was because he wrote up a foolish poll of weather he should be banned from HS and GSUTeke campaigned to have him lose the poll and be removed.

To me... other than your own word.. Banning because of the poll doesn't really fit. Especially not when there could be a conspiracy to put him off. The conspiracy to put him off is what I'm against. Anything that he brought on himself because he was young and dumb... Well, that's on him. However, when an argument with GSUTEKE and just getting on people's nerve leads to a conspiracy to have him put off or a witchhunt... I don't think we come for that either.

• Moderators

Quote:

But my understanding is that the original ban was because he wrote up a foolish poll of weather he should be banned from HS and GSUTeke campaigned to have him lose the poll and be removed.

To me... other than your own word.. Banning because of the poll doesn't really fit. Especially not when there could be a conspiracy to put him off. The conspiracy to put him off is what I'm against. Anything that he brought on himself because he was young and dumb... Well, that's on him. However, when an argument with GSUTEKE and just getting on people's nerve leads to a conspiracy to have him put off or a witchhunt... I don't think we come for that either.

I think the chronology was slightly different. He was such a jerk to people that others called for him to be banned. In response to their calls to ban him based on his abrasive remarks, LS101 then started the poll trying to justify his role on the Squawk. In other words, it was the stuff he did before he posted the poll that got people riled up and wanting him removed.

• Admin

no, his poll was not why he got himself banned. He was banned because he consistently attacked and flamed people for simply disagreeing with his opinion. If he made a post saying Woodson has done nothing right here and should be fired, and you replied stating that while he wasn't a great coach, but he had done a great job with X. He would reply saying "Lol, you're stupid. You must be poor lolzlololzlol". Pretty much every post he made had some negative comment directed at someone in the thread. I messaged him in private and asked him nicely to stop doing this and he wouldn't so I gave him the two week ban.

After being banned he came into chat during one of the games when I wasn't in there and was his usually annoying self TALKIN IN ALL CAPS AND BASICALLY SPAMMING WOODY IS NO GOODY and various non stop profanity the entire time. The next game I was in chat and waiting for him. He joined as expected and I started questioning him. I basically explained to him why his behavior was unacceptable and asked him to give it a rest once his ban was up. After a few go-rounds of him telling me "I'm not going to change who I am" he relented and actually seemed like he might come back with a better attitude. I told him that as a result of his ban he wasn't allowed in chat either and he left peacefully.

He came back during last nights game under various false names so rather than talk to him I banned him immediately. He circumvented the ban once and came back in, spamming some choice phrases like "Chillz is a ni**er", "chillz is a dumb poor ni**er" and various other things that I would not tolerate being directed at anyone here, much less myself.

So that is how he got his ban and how that ban became lifetime.

• Premium Member

My response is he brought that upon himself and the ban is justified. All I noted was a poll that you (GSUTEKE) tainted.. To me, that seemed like a silly reason for anybody (love him or hate him) to be banned.

Moreover, i respect Chillz for trying to get buddy a second chance to get it right. Maybe when the guy grows up, he will realize that he missed out on an opportunity to be enlightened daily by THE GREAT ONE... DIESEL.

banned2.gifhuepfenicon111.gif

Quote:

no, his poll was not why he got himself banned. He was banned because he consistently attacked and flamed people for simply disagreeing with his opinion. If he made a post saying Woodson has done nothing right here and should be fired, and you replied stating that while he wasn't a great coach, but he had done a great job with X. He would reply saying "Lol, you're stupid. You must be poor lolzlololzlol". Pretty much every post he made had some negative comment directed at someone in the thread. I messaged him in private and asked him nicely to stop doing this and he wouldn't so I gave him the two week ban.

After being banned he came into chat during one of the games when I wasn't in there and was his usually annoying self TALKIN IN ALL CAPS AND BASICALLY SPAMMING WOODY IS NO GOODY and various non stop profanity the entire time. The next game I was in chat and waiting for him. He joined as expected and I started questioning him. I basically explained to him why his behavior was unacceptable and asked him to give it a rest once his ban was up. After a few go-rounds of him telling me "I'm not going to change who I am" he relented and actually seemed like he might come back with a better attitude. I told him that as a result of his ban he wasn't allowed in chat either and he left peacefully.

He came back during last nights game under various false names so rather than talk to him I banned him immediately. He circumvented the ban once and came back in, spamming some choice phrases like "Chillz is a ni**er", "chillz is a dumb poor ni**er" and various other things that I would not tolerate being directed at anyone here, much less myself.

So that is how he got his ban and how that ban became lifetime.

Thanks for dealing with that kind of crap on behalf of all of us. There's no way this guy was an adult, and if he was, he has some very serious issues.