• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WELCOME BACK, ACIE LAW!

bumpyphish1

Considering he might be a little rusty tonight is not at all a bad performance. Overall I think the ball flows a lot better when he's in the game even if he's not shooting much. These days people put too much emphasis on a pg's ability to score and often overlook the other essential pg skills. Acie doesn't turn the ball over much. And even though he didn't make his layups, his penetration to the basket kept sixer's defense honest. What we need right not is someone like Acie to handle the rock. Once his offense comes around this team will be very solid.

Unbelievable game for Law given that he's been out and he hasn't even finished a full month in the NBA. He looks like the real deal. Wonder how much of the team oriented play tonight was due to him vs the closed door meeting they had???? You would think that it empowered him to do his thing.

Quote:

I totally agree. Acie's presence make a world of difference. He just makes the O flow better.

And he's beyond light years better than any other PG we have defensively.

The bad shooting was really just one of those fluke games. He had at least 3 layups roll off the rim.

Quote:

Unbelievable game for Law given that he's been out and he hasn't even finished a full month in the NBA. He looks like the real deal. Wonder how much of the team oriented play tonight was due to him vs the closed door meeting they had???? You would think that it empowered him to do his thing.

bingo, i thought the same thing. the player's meeting sure did come at a good time (law getting off injury) because one of the things i didnt see in the beginning from law was an assertion of a leader and not taking upon himself to shoot when open....but i think that meeting gave him the power socially to be very business like and be confident. he also missed his shots tonight but he was very confident in that he shot when he was open and he drove when he had the matchup...

i think if he continues to develop, having lue and AJ as fill in points will work better in that their strengths can be utilized but the weaknesses not overexploited.

His shots were not falling, and he wasn't finishing around the rim. I hope that was just rustiness, let's face it, we are gonna need him to score as well as set guys up. Josh Smith's offensive game is to rough and unpolished, Marvin Williams has trouble scoring when he's being guarded, most of his points are wide open jumpers, Josh Childress is really more of an energy guy who gets his on put backs and broken plays, Al Horford is still working on his post game, and Joe Johnson, while he is our most veratile offensive player, he goes very cold sometimes, and more often than many fans would like to admit. We need Acie Law to emerge as a guy who can put up thirty points from time to time.

Acie Law has been an enigma in my eyes this season. I honest to god thought he was a SG type player coming out of college.

this season it seems as if (he hasn't played consistent minutes over a significant stretch due to his ankle and wrist) he's doing the right thing as a floor leader and hi offensive game is struggling.

his game is coming around a little opposite of the way I thought it would.

as long as the Hawks keep winning with him on the floor all is well in my book.

Quote:

Quote:

We need Acie Law to emerge as a guy who can put up thirty points from time to time.

That might be a bit of a stretch for this season but he could develop into his own version of Deron Williams, busting out for 30 + a few times a month.

I think that is a real possibility. Love his body strength, not afraid to be vocal, lefty. he has a lot going for him. What he needs is a good month of playing every night to get his game back. Tonight he goes against Billups.

• Moderators

Quote:

Acie Law has been an enigma in my eyes this season. I honest to god thought he was a SG type player coming out of college.

this season it seems as if (he hasn't played consistent minutes over a significant stretch due to his ankle and wrist) he's doing the right thing as a floor leader and hi offensive game is struggling.

his game is coming around a little opposite of the way I thought it would.

as long as the Hawks keep winning with him on the floor all is well in my book.

It is a bit of a mystery but I expect his shooting will come around and LOVE seeing true PG skills from him. Absolutely, welcome back Acie!

I really don't get were this SG thing came from. He has always been and always will be a PG. He won the Bob Cousy award for best pg, he played pg in high school, and played pg in college.

The only reason he scored so much in college was he was the best player on his team. A PG is supposed to control the tempo and offense. Well look at those A&M rosters, who was better then him at scoring. He did what had to be done to win. In the last 5 minutes of a game he was the best scoring option so he had to shoot and take those clutch shots.

Nobody argues Steve Nash is a PG. (I'm not copmaring the two). Just like the PHX game against us, nobody else was hitting shots so he started shooting. Chris Paul did the same thing, nobody else was hitting so he started shooting. Everyone agrees they are both PG's, but for some reason when the game was on the line and he was the best player on his team he takes shots and is instantly labeled a SG. I just dont get it.