• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Good win but......

Diesel

• Premium Member

I don't think we should get too high off this win. I love that we won on the road...

However, Philly sucks.

Iguadala sucks and Chillz looks much better.

I heard that the players were tanking to get Mo Cheeks fired!

Seriously though. My concern was in the 3rd and the 4th, there were long stretches of time where our offense was stagnant. We stood around and most of our points came on one on one work. That will beat a sorry team like Philly (how did they get 5 wins?) however, against the leagues better teams, we can count on us scoring 76.

Secondly... Willy Green was owning the lane. He's not even a guy I would consider a good 2nd teamer. I say we enjoy the win, but a real verdict on where we are comes tonight. Home game against the Pistons. We do well at home and we do well vs. the Pistons. IF we can pull a win on a back to back, It means a lot!!!

With that...

Props to Smoove and Props to Al!

Quote:

I don't think we should get too high off this win. I love that we won on the road...

However, Philly sucks.

Iguadala sucks and Chillz looks much better.

I heard that the players were tanking to get Mo Cheeks fired!

Seriously though. My concern was in the 3rd and the 4th, there were long stretches of time where our offense was stagnant. We stood around and most of our points came on one on one work. That will beat a sorry team like Philly (how did they get 5 wins?) however, against the leagues better teams, we can count on us scoring 76.

Secondly... Willy Green was owning the lane. He's not even a guy I would consider a good 2nd teamer. I say we enjoy the win, but a real verdict on where we are comes tonight. Home game against the Pistons. We do well at home and we do well vs. the Pistons. IF we can pull a win on a back to back, It means a lot!!!

With that...

Props to Smoove and Props to Al!

I agree, the sixers are terrible. But what I liked about this win more than anything was the contribution we got from our young guns. Good balance across the board from Smoove, Chilz, MWill, and Horford. And for his 1st game back, this was a solid night for Acie.

It is going to take a similar effort/balance to stay on the floor with the Pistons. I do not think teams are sleeping on us anymore; and they will be ready to play from the opening tip.

• Premium Member

I didn't say I was disappointed in them or that I was not proud of them. I was saying don't get high on this win. Or better yet, don't start to believe we have arrived because we beat the 76ers.

Here's the good:

1. Road Win.

2. Return of Acie.

3. Dominance of Horf.

4. Smoove plays in control and steps up.

5. Great Substitutions by Woody.

Here's the Bad:

1. Offense looked horrible at times.

2. Defense allowed Green to dance down the lane.

3. Acie's shooting is off (but that's just rust).

My message is don't ignore the bad because it's the bad that will comeback and bite us on the butt against better teams.

• Moderators

Also, despite my pleas to give Shelden more minutes, both he and Salim looked bad. Salim just jacked up shots everytime he touched the ball and Shelden seemed to wander away from his man and not really go hard after rebounds. Maybe I expect too much.

We've had much better overall offensive performances this year but usually those were in wide open games. I also agree that our offense went stagnant for around three 5 minute runs. But overall I thought we executed our half court offense about as well as we have over the last few years. I don't know if it was the team meeting, Acie being back and Lue out, feeding Horford or what. Actually it was mainly due to JJ passing more since his shot was off and Smoove having a good game.

That performance would not beat many top teams on the road but we cant expect to beat many top teams on the road if JJ doesn't start shooting better (and Acie which is to be expected after missing a few weeks).

I'd give our offense a B- for the night and our defense a C+, that'll get us into the playoffs in the east.

• Premium Member

Quote:

beating the bad teams and winning on the road are two signs that we HAVE arrived

This is exactly what i was talking about. Beating a bad team on the road doesn't suggest anything. I'm glad for the win, but when you look at the particulars, had it been an average team at home or on the road (the way we played) we would have struggled.

I was looking at the box score, I was suprised that the Sixers had won that many games too. They played 8 guys last night while we played 11. Suprised me that Rodney Carney didn't get any PT. Wonder when they throw the towell in and play the younger guys like Carney and Thad Young?

Quote:

We have not arrived.

We got to get a coach Diesel. A good coach could have slowed the bleeding in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. We probably would not have won; but we would have played a whole lot better.

A lot of people are hyped about how our 2nd team played in the 4th. The Pistons followed Woody's lead and called off the dogs five minutes into the 4th. Our subs played great against their subs; way to go Woody. You won the battle of the subs but lost the war like Custer did at Little Big Horn...

He is not a leader and has no game to game strategy I can see. His boldest move since he has been here is to bench some 2nd teamer because he is mad at him. What a friggin joke!

Quote:

Del Harris anyone?

I will take Del in a heartbeat! Give me any coach that knows how to win. In plain english, our players and us fans, deserve some winning experience and attitude.

Quote:

The interesting thing is to see how long management will put up with this?

End of December is my bet. If they do not let Woody go while he is in town now, I do not think our ownership will fire him during the Christmas season. After Christmas it is game over for Woody. I may try and find the line for that in Vegas this weekend. I could use some after Christmas spending money.

• Premium Member

Well we have a long homestand coming up. Or at least, i thought Smitty say that last night. If we were going to make a change, I would think after tuesday's game with Orlando. It will give the team 3 days to get a new coach in before going to Detroit. There's nothing significant about the end of Dec. After the game on Dec. 21st could be another place.... I think Feb 13th might be too late in the season.