• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Our energy lineup we need to use is...

BHayley

Solomon plays with energy, but isn't very crafted or skilled at all. I am talking about ENERGY--guys who want to win and put all their effort even if they don't play well (See Mario West getting blocked 15 times in 3 minutes). These guys play with fire and energy.

Yeah, they play with energy. It's a damn shame few other guys bring it 110% every play like those guys do.

Oh, and I have some faith in Solo. He never really got a whole lot of playing time, and when he did, he rebounded and blocked shots for us in past games. He wont score much, but he can do that. Yeah, he commits a few too many fouls and isn't very strong, but I don't buy the whole "he is weak" thing I hear sometimes. But who knows, dude just needs to play more.

About Solomon----

Quote:

Because he has no strength, fouls everybody, and should be in the NBDL right now. He was embarrassing our team during the summer leagues.

Quote:

Salim

Mario

Chillz

Horford

Solomon

Give or take a player or two.

USE THIS LINEUP IF WE'RE LACKADAISICAL. DONT WAIT TILL THE 4th

LOL BHayley, you flip flop so damn much. First you say he sucks and has no business being on the team. Then you say because he's athletic he can do well on the energy team. Let me tell you this, that unit you said above played mostly against Detroit's subs and slightly did more than held their own. You do know how badly they would get destroyed vs most teams starters due to lack of overall talent after about 90 seconds? Solomon would get eaten alive vs MOST teams' centers.

By the way BHayley, you told me in private message Shelden produces when he gets 30 MPG. That's not called production, it's called playing time. See Walter Herrmann, Carlos Arroyo, Flip Murray, Bostjan Nachbar etc etc. Shelden is a nice body to throw out there to rebound for 15 MPG but will never be much more...

Quote:

About Solomon----
Quote:

Because he has no strength, fouls everybody, and should be in the NBDL right now. He was embarrassing our team during the summer leagues.

Quote:

Salim

Mario

Chillz

Horford

Solomon

LOL BHayley, you flip flop so damn much. First you say he sucks and has no business being on the team. Then you say because he's athletic he can do well on the energy team. Let me tell you this, that unit you said above played mostly against Detroit's subs and slightly did more than held their own. You do know how badly they would get destroyed vs most teams starters due to lack of overall talent after about 90 seconds? Solomon would get eaten alive vs MOST teams' centers.

By the way BHayley, you told me in private message Shelden produces when he gets 30 MPG. That's not called production, it's called playing time. See Walter Herrmann, Carlos Arroyo, Flip Murray, Bostjan Nachbar etc etc. Shelden is a nice body to throw out there to rebound for 15 MPG but will never be much more...

Like I just told this other guy, I strictly said ENERGY lineup. Solomon has very little offensive game at all, but he brings energy. We need ENERGY. ENERGICO

Shelden produces numbers and clobbers the lane on defense. Yes, the guy can't dunk. We all know that. But to put ZaZa instead of Shelden on someone like a Shaq would be dumb. Shelden has huge shoulders, is strong, and will help Horford a lot.

I saw Roy Williams last year take out his 5 starters who were underachieving. He literally put in his 5 worst players as a chastisement and they wont on and destroyed a very competent D-I squad. Oh wait, you don't watch college basketball nana.gif

I don't even think Joe is trying anymore. 5 points? Are you serious? Salim had 5 pts within 30 seconds of coming in

Quote:

Quote:

About Solomon----
Quote:

Quote:

Salim

Mario

Chillz

Horford

Solomon

Like I just told this other guy, I strictly said ENERGY lineup. Solomon has very little offensive game at all, but he brings energy. We need ENERGY. ENERGICO

Shelden produces numbers and clobbers the lane on defense. Yes, the guy can't dunk. We all know that. But to put ZaZa instead of Shelden on someone like a Shaq would be dumb. Shelden has huge shoulders, is strong, and will help Horford a lot.

I saw Roy Williams last year take out his 5 starters who were underachieving. He literally put in his 5 worst players as a chastisement and they wont on and destroyed a very competent D-I squad. Oh wait, you don't watch college basketball nana.gif

I don't even think Joe is trying anymore. 5 points? Are you serious? Salim had 5 pts within 30 seconds of coming in

Yea Shelden would be a nice body to throw in against somebody like Shaq, hence the 15 MPG I said.

Which "Very competent D1 squad" was it?

My school is a "competent" D1 squad in their own rights and there are only about 2,500 students.

About Salim, he's good for instant *hope of* offense. Gotta leave Joe in to have a chance but yea he took this one off.

No, 15 MPG is not enough. Horford and Shelden clogging the lane is WHAT we need. ZaZa is a worse defender than T Lue for his position.

The D-I squad may have been Pennsylvania, who has been in the big tournament every year (I think).

BK pledged to play Shelden more this year, so play him. Trash ZaZa and let Shelden play

BH, I think we found something to agree on. Zaza is straight hot garbage at Center. If it weren't for the Hawks, Zaza would find it really hard to find a team that will play him anywhere close to 10 MPG. Hell, he would have a hard time just sniffin the floor.

Horford should continue to start, Shelden can back him up, and Zaza can come in when they need someone to deceptively post good Off Rebound numbers, foul a lot, and play hella weak defense. Or, they could just throw him in when we finally hold a lead for once and show the other team what a garbage Center looks like.

Yes, there needs to be more shuffling with our lineup. Why not put Horford Shelden Smoove as front line and Marvin at the 2 sometimes, then come with Horford ZaZa Marvin or Horford Smoove Chillz. We gotta keep juggling it out. We shoulda used Horford and Shelden together tonight against a top Detroit frontline.

Quote:

No, 15 MPG is not enough. Horford and Shelden clogging the lane is WHAT we need. ZaZa is a worse defender than T Lue for his position.

The D-I squad may have been Pennsylvania, who has been in the big tournament every year (I think).

BK pledged to play Shelden more this year, so play him. Trash ZaZa and let Shelden play

I'm talking about Shelden being on a real team @ 15 MPG. Unfortunately playing him 30 minutes for THIS team may be the best option. ZaZa is a cracker azz beyotch *im white dont hate*.

BTW I don't need to watch college ball to know you are a moron. UNC is a top ACC school every year and everybody knows their bench is filled with younger players talented out the wazoo. The guys that prob will be roleplayers/stars once the current stars graduate. Pennsylvania is an IVY LEAGUE school. Do you know what that means? I'd say athletics aren't a #1 priority. I'm sure they have a few nice players but honestly BHayley...the talent in the ACC is crazy

Quote:

I saw Roy Williams last year take out his 5 starters who were underachieving. He literally put in his 5 worst players as a chastisement and they wont on and destroyed a very competent D-I squad. Oh wait, you don't watch college basketball

Quote:

talktothehand.gif

Wow genius, good job.

I gave the UNC example as an IDEA for getting some energy onto this team. In that 3rd quarter, since we don't show up for 3rd quarters as everyone already knows, why not start that 5 for 2 minutes, see how they do, then ditch it?

You also stated that they destroyed a good team which gives most the idea you think our 5 worst could compete with a team's five best. Also if you do that retarded idea of starting those five, way to slap JJ etc in the face. These are not college kids, they're professionals even if they don't play like it sometimes. Have you not seen what Bobby Petrino is doing to the Falcons, just f'ing with Harrington and who the starter is? I know that's totally different and Harrington sucks but it's the same idea. Why do you think Anthony Johnson is still starting over Acie Law...same concept. Even if it is a good suggestion, it's one idea that will NEVER surface past the deepest corridors of Woody's alleged imagination

Quote:

Quote:

I saw Roy Williams last year take out his 5 starters who were underachieving. He literally put in his 5 worst players as a chastisement and they wont on and destroyed a very competent D-I squad. Oh wait, you don't watch college basketball

Quote:

talktothehand.gif

Wow genius, good job.

I gave the UNC example as an IDEA for getting some energy onto this team. In that 3rd quarter, since we don't show up for 3rd quarters as everyone already knows, why not start that 5 for 2 minutes, see how they do, then ditch it?

You also stated that they destroyed a good team which gives most the idea you think our 5 worst could compete with a team's five best. Also if you do that retarded idea of starting those five, way to slap JJ etc in the face. These are not college kids, they're professionals even if they don't play like it sometimes. Have you not seen what Bobby Petrino is doing to the Falcons, just f'ing with Harrington and who the starter is? I know that's totally different and Harrington sucks but it's the same idea. Why do you think Anthony Johnson is still starting over Acie Law...same concept. Even if it is a good suggestion, it's one idea that will NEVER surface past the deepest corridors of Woody's alleged imagination

What Petrino is doing is great. Chris Redman looked great on Sunday and knows Petrino. Harrington is beyond a joke. This guy knows how to talk to the media, but can't throw a 20 yard pass to save his life.

Slap in the face? Yes, that's what Joe needs--a slap in the face. If he has 2 points or whatever at halftime, maybe he needs a slap in the face. We aren't gonna beat one of the most formidable teams in the last 5 years by having our star not even show up. Maybe not start all 5 players, but at least put Mario and Salim, or put one of those two in right after Joe sucks in the 3rd.

And just to agree with you, if our team is down 50 points in the 1st quarter to the 1998 (9 win Nuggets I think?) Nuggets, I don't think Woodson is smart enough to make substitutions, so this whole thread is invalidated just as it is. russian.gif

[What Petrino is doing is great. Chris Redman looked great on Sunday and knows Petrino. Harrington is beyond a joke. This guy knows how to talk to the media, but can't throw a 20 yard pass to save his life.

Slap in the face? Yes, that's what Joe needs--a slap in the face. If he has 2 points or whatever at halftime, maybe he needs a slap in the face. We aren't gonna beat one of the most formidable teams in the last 5 years by having our star not even show up. Maybe not start all 5 players, but at least put Mario and Salim, or put one of those two in right after Joe sucks in the 3rd.

And just to agree with you, if our team is down 50 points in the 1st quarter to the 1998 (9 win Nuggets I think?) Nuggets, I don't think Woodson is smart enough to make substitutions, so this whole thread is invalidated just as it is.

Who actually cares about the Falcon situation with QB anyway? 2 of the 3 QBs probably won't be back next year when we hopefully get a good QB in the draft.

I guess benching a good player has never been done before. And at this point, based on their production so far, is trading JJ or firing Woodson the first thing uglyhammer.giflove.gifdnfnoob.gif

OK, firstly we need a new coach so we dont have to resort to this "energy" lineup. Get a coach who can get his players to play with effort ALL the time.

Leftwich made 3 million this year for doing pretty much nothing. Hey! Speedy Claxton!

Harrington sucks. TOo bad because I think he bought a house here and his wife teaches at Emory or GSU.

Keep Redman, draft a QB, get McNabb, or get McFadden, and bring back the players who want to be here. Then we have something to work with.

I declare this thread closed.

headbang.gif

Quote:

OK, firstly we need a new coach so we dont have to resort to this "energy" lineup. Get a coach who can get his players to play with effort ALL the time.

Leftwich made 3 million this year for doing pretty much nothing. Hey! Speedy Claxton!

Harrington sucks. TOo bad because I think he bought a house here and his wife teaches at Emory or GSU.

Keep Redman, draft a QB, get McNabb, or get McFadden, and bring back the players who want to be here. Then we have something to work with.

I declare this thread closed.

headbang.gif

I declare this thread wide open

Who do you suggest as coach? I mean obviously that'd be great, but look at it logically.

Atleast Leftwich hurt himself and suffered a little bit for the money.

I'd like to see Redman blow up the Saints on MNF before I say keep him. Shockley already has one spot guaranteed.

Getting McNabb is the most retarded thing you've ever said lol.