• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This game was Proof Positive Salim Must play!

bumpyphish1

Quote:

This board is funny sometimes. When Woody does put Salim in early, and he misses his first two shots, everybody wants him out of the game. But when he scores in bunches like he did last night, people wonder why he wasn't in the game earlier. You can't ride the fence concerning Salim. You either advocate using him enough to affect the outcome of a game, or you don't want to see him in the game at all. No in-betweeen. If you want to use Salim, you have to live with those nights in which he's getting abused on the defensive end, or when he has that occasional 1 - 6 shooting game. The hope would be that he could knock down 4 - 5 shots in a row, at any given time. He would effectively have to be our Eddie House, or at best, Daniel Gibson. Also understand that to maximize what he can do for us, guys will HAVE to defer to HIM when he is hot. Salim has the mentality of a 1st option scorer, so if he's on, you have to be willing to let him do his thing. Other than JJ, he's the one guy on the team that can create and mke tough shots. Salim is a NUKE. And as with the use of any nuclear weapon, you run the risj of destroying yourself, if you don't destroy the enemy first.

Thats absolute horse [censored], Northcyde. I am behind Salim 100% and I know others are too. Usually what I say is that Woody needs to leave him in no matter what. Yeah, some people yell for him to be benched after a few misses, but those of us with a brain (of which there are a few here on the Squawk), know that no one can play to their potential with such sporadic playing time. So, Salim gets a pass from me and others until he sees a consistent 15 or so EVERY NIGHT.

Northcyde, you are a little off on your statements lately, man. Did the change from fall to winter F with your head?

Bumpy, the whole point of my post is that people who are for Salim playing, can't flip-flop on those nights when his shot is off. And those who are against him playing, can't jump on his bandwagon whenever he gets hot. Too often on this board, people flip-flop according to who is playing well. Poeple who had Smoove on the trade block last week, now love hm. Feelings for Salim tend to go the same way.

I've always been a Salim supporter, even though I do understand why Woody doesn't play him. To me though, he has to get decent minutes every night, to see if he can blow a game open. But I also think he should always play alongside JJ. People complain about him gunning, but that's his job . . . to be a gunner.

Salim has the scorer mentality that most people wished Marvin had. If people really want us to play uptempo, they should all be for Salim playing.

my point is, i am not a bandwagon supporter. and, since i started this thread, i take offense to your first post saying everyone on HS is a bandwagon fan. i'm not; i'm behind salim no matter his performance b/c i know his potential if give a consistent role, and i always have been. i agree with how you envision salim's role on the team, though. salim haters have no cred with me.