• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woody is gone by the end of December....

Buzzard

I just went over our schedule and from my point of view we will be in 10th or 11th place by the end of the month. I can see the Bucks, possibly the Bulls, and maybe even the Heat moving ahead of us by then.

I just cannot see management accepting us being in the running for another lottery pick this year. Especially since we don't own it. If they wait any longer than December, our season is over as far as the playoffs our concerned.

It is exactly like someone else posted in another thread. When we win, it is because of sheer talent. We do not win any games due to our coach out-coaching the other coach. The only reason we look like a YMCA pickup team, is because our coach lets us play like a pickup team...

Woody is gone by December; I would bet a nice chunk on that and I bet the odds in Vegas are not very long on it either....

Quote:

sadbanana.gif
The same thing has been said the last 3 years. Let's make it a fourth.
banana.gif

Two big differences:

1-We do not own our pick.

2-It is just as much BK's ass on the line this year as it is Woody's. 5th year baby! This team (BK and Woody) has to put up or shut up. Coach goes 1st in almost every instance; GM almost always gets at least one more season than the coach...

I do not bet my money foolishly. Woody getting the ax is as good a bet as you are going to find this season...

Seriously.....Woody's incompetence is on full display night after night. When we win, it is inspite of him. He never makes moves to counteract what is happening on the court. I think Josh could chuck up 5 bricks in a row from the 3 pt line and Woody wouldn't take him out. Why do we have to be down by 25 before he changes the lineup out? Too little too late. I have been watching hoops for over 25 years and Woodson is one of the worst coaches I have ever seen. Please get rid of him ASAP!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Quote:

sadbanana.gif
The same thing has been said the last 3 years. Let's make it a fourth.
banana.gif

Two big differences:

1-We do not own our pick.

2-It is just as much BK's ass on the line this year as it is Woody's. 5th year baby! This team (BK and Woody) has to put up or shut up. Coach goes 1st in almost every instance; GM almost always gets at least one more season than the coach...

I do not bet my money foolishly. Woody getting the ax is as good a bet as you are going to find this season...

One other huge difference is that we have a precedence of the ASG doing something: firing the Thrasher's coach. That is evidence that they CAN do something. Wonder how much of that was their GM vs ASG?

I also wonder to what extent they are afraid that no one will want the job given the chaos in the franchise? That would even be more embarassing and leave them no choice but to have one of the current staff take over.

The look that Woody has on his face often times reminds me of when Bush was told of the events on 9/11. He was dumb struck, immobilized. That's how I see Woody when he is panned on the sidelines. Has to go.

Quote:

I also wonder to what extent they are afraid that no one will want the job given the chaos in the franchise? That would even be more embarassing and leave them no choice but to have one of the current staff take over.

Reportedly Alderman was interested. He is offensive minded. Any assistant can preach and emphasize defense, rebounding, effort, and energy.

You still need the horse power in the engine no matter who the driver is. I'm still not sure we have the hore power. Without a low post scorer we have to run like GS or the Suns do to take advantage of our strengths.

I know this isn't happening, but Rick Carlisle was talking about how we had a team meeting and how the Pistons game was a statement game. He went on to say that it was not good down in Atlanta. Could he be interested? It was weird just to hear Hawks talk about the direction of the franchise. Carlisle is the type of guy I think this team needs.

• Premium Member

Rick Carlisle is using his job to snag a new one... ALA Pat Riley. Remember Pat Riley on NBC with Bob Costas. Everytime the Heat would play, Pat Riley would rag on them. Until finally, the heat hired him.

Quote:

if we are a playoff team, we will beat the bad teams and steal 1 against the good teams

so, beat minny/memphis/charlotte/miami/washington/indiana

win 1-2 of orlando/toronto/detroit/utah/dallas

so 6-5 to 8-3...that puts us at 13-15 to 15-13, or around .500

I agree; that is what well coached playoff teams do. I think we will have at least one melt down against a team we are suppose to beat; and we will not steal another one like we did against Dallas. Woody is not a motivator or a strategist.

Games we will lose at least one of:

Minny, Charlotte, Miami, and Indy

Games we will certainly lose:

Orlando, Toronto, Detroit, Utah, and Dallas

Below .500 is going to put us at 10th or 11th in the playoff race. I cannot see management being comfortable with that going into January. Just to borderline lottery once again.

Quote:

One other huge difference is that we have a precedence of the ASG doing something: firing the Thrasher's coach. That is evidence that they CAN do something. Wonder how much of that was their GM vs ASG?

The look that Woody has on his face often times reminds me of when Bush was told of the events on 9/11. He was dumb struck, immobilized. That's how I see Woody when he is panned on the sidelines. Has to go.

He does look like a deer caught in headlights at times. The man is totally lost out there when things are not going "perfect". That has been his problem the whole time. What to do when a player is not getting it done; or the game is getting out of hand for whatever reason. Nothing changes; he just keeps doing the same things (timed rotations, regulating the same players to his dog house, etc..) even though they do not work.

The ASG issue is a big one. Like you stated they made the change with the Thrashers; they should be able to get it done with the Hawks. Current staff? I like the Dukie as a interim. Bender has 13 years head coaching experience at the college level and 5 years as a assistant at the pro level. He was also an assistant under Mike Krzyzewski for 6 years.

Not a shabby resume if no one with playoff experience can be lured in this season. There is no way with that resume he can be worse than Woody. Having served under Krzyzewski, there has to be more than two plays in his memory banks!

I do agree that Carlisle would be better than Woody. I also believe Carlisle's dog Rover would be better than Woody.

I don't like Carlisle though. He is a classic control coach, a guy who micromanages every possesion. He really had some good teams early in Indiana and that situation got gradually worse over his tenure. Also, despite a 50-32 record with the Pistons he was fired. Yes, I know Brown took over but the players in Detroit to a man did not like Carlisle.

Woody is also one of those [censored] coaches who love control and who builds doghouses. We need a pro coach who the players respect who will give them a little room. Specifically, a coach who gives them the room to truly push the basketball.

Carlisle is just not a very personable coach and doesn't click with his players. The guy other than Iavaroni that I loved was Stan Van Gundy...thats the type I'm looking for...professional and yet gives his team some rope.

Mr Buzz, you just don't understand. We don't know which Hawk team will show up on a given night. So to say that a home game with Orlando is an automatic loss, just isn't indicative of hoe the Hawks play. Last year, the start of our demise, were the rash of injuries to multiple players. Otherwise, we're probably a team that hovers close to.500 at the New Year's point. Nick's prediction of 6 - 5 in our next 11 games, sounds about right. And 2 games below .500 probably has us sitting right a the #8 or higher seed. Remember, this the East, not the West.

And the thing about the Hawks, is that we have no idea which 6 games they're going to take. ! bet before the season, no one would've predicted that we'd beat Miami, Dallas, and Phoenix . . . but also lose to Seattle.

Quote:

Mr Buzz, you just don't understand. We don't know which Hawk team will show up on a given night. So to say that a home game with Orlando is an automatic loss, just isn't indicative of hoe the Hawks play. Last year, the start of our demise, were the rash of injuries to multiple players. Otherwise, we're probably a team that hovers close to.500 at the New Year's point. Nick's prediction of 6 - 5 in our next 11 games, sounds about right. And 2 games below .500 probably has us sitting right a the #8 or higher seed. Remember, this the East, not the West.

And the thing about the Hawks, is that we have no idea which 6 games they're going to take. ! bet before the season, no one would've predicted that we'd beat Miami, Dallas, and Phoenix . . . but also lose to Seattle.

Not knowing what team is going to show up is exactly my point. Nick's prediction is based on who we should and should not beat based on what team "should" show up for every game except the one we steal. My prediction is based on our underacheiving history. IE Losing to teams we should beat and every now and then stealing one.

We have already stolen our limit for this year with Dallas and Phoenix. Given Miami's demise at the time we played them, that was not as big a steal as we would have thought at the beginning of the season. I think the road losses to Detroit, NJ, and Boston set us back psychologically. Before those losses, our team actually believed they could compete every night; after them, we hit a funk so to speak that we have not recovered from.

With Woody as our coach, we are not going to recover quickly from set backs. Our history indicates this; therefore Mr Northcyde, I stand by my prediction. We lose every game against the mentioned good teams; and we blow at least one against a team we are suppose to beat. This is December, we have already had our two steals, and that is pretty much our MO under Woody...

• 4 weeks later...

Quote:

I just went over our schedule and from my point of view we will be in 10th or 11th place by the end of the month. I can see the Bucks, possibly the Bulls, and maybe even the Heat moving ahead of us by then.

I just cannot see management accepting us being in the running for another lottery pick this year. Especially since we don't own it. If they wait any longer than December, our season is over as far as the playoffs our concerned.

It is exactly like someone else posted in another thread. When we win, it is because of sheer talent. We do not win any games due to our coach out-coaching the other coach. The only reason we look like a YMCA pickup team, is because our coach lets us play like a pickup team...

Woody is gone by December; I would bet a nice chunk on that and I bet the odds in Vegas are not very long on it either....

If the shoe fits, wear it. I was horribly wrong on this one and it is a good thing I do not live in Vegas...