TheNorthCydeRises

Where is the crybaby face at?

Oh, there it goes

weeping.gif

weeping.gif

weeping.gif

weeping.gif

weeping.gif

Unfortunatly guys, these are the types of games that mediocre ballclubs play on occasion. Mediocre teams are inconsistent in their play. And tonight was no exception.

It's funny though . . .

There was almost NOTHING said about the Hawks last night . . positive or negative. This board is so peaceful ( tranquil even ) after a win.

But as soon as we lose . . .

weeping.gifweeping.gifweeping.gifweeping.gifweeping.gif

And for the record . . the entire team, with the exception of the Rookies, is soft. Whenever we play an active, physical team, the only chance we have of beating them, is if they're off offensively. Otherwise, they're going to punch us in the mouth, and we're going to weeping.gif

The one difference I DO see in this team though, is that this team may not be physically tough, but they are mentally tough. They'll forget about this loss ( unlike the fan base ), and properly prepare for Minnesota on Thursday.

To me, it's games like Minny and the Memphis game after that, that tell me a lot about this team. Because if we lose those 2 games, we're 7 - 12, with games @ Orlando, vs Toronto, and @ Detroit staring us in the face.

But if we win those 2 games, we're 9 - 10, with a little breathing room for those following 3 games, if we happen to stumble there.

But some of you fans are acting like you expected a lot more out of this team. If some of you predicted the Hawks to be a 36 - 42 win team, this is exactly how 36 - 42 win teams play.

The Hawks haven't given anybody anything to cry about . . . yet.

Quote:

You must be a new Hawk fan. Because if you had been around for a while, you would know that we have the longest playoff drought in the NBA right now.

On one hand you are crying about how the fan base is crying; yet in the very same post, you start crying about how our team is not physically tough and just rolls over when we get hit in the mouth. You are a strange bird; but it takes all types; and any Hawk fan is a die hard fan that is for damn sure...

Quote:

Quote:

There was almost NOTHING said about the Hawks last night . . positive or negative.

That's because some of us knew what was coming tonight...

Then why all the crying? That's what gets me. People on here freaking out like they actually fully expected to be the team to stop the Pistons on a tear right now. Hoping is one thing, expecting is another. So why is all these people who knew it was coming so shocked?

Quote:

Quote:

There was almost NOTHING said about the Hawks last night . . positive or negative.

I knew what was coming too Hot. I didn't expect the Hawks to win this game. I knew that they would completely clamp down on JJ ( like they always do ). I also knew that Smoove wouldn't have nearly a good of a game tonight, as he did last night, because he doesn't like physical play.

What I didn't expect, was for Detroit to pretty much stay smoking hot for 3 quarters. They shot the ball well. We shot the ball well for 1/2 the game. Detroit cranks up the defensive pressure to begin the 2nd half, and that was the game. Simple as that. They did the same thing last time, except they turned it up in the 4th quarter.

That's why I'm not the least bit stressed about this game. We're nowhere near a good enough team to expect to consistently win games vs good teams. We'll do it every now and then.

I'll gladly trade a loss to Detroit, if we can beat both Minny and M-Town.

Quote:

Quote:

You must be a new Hawk fan. Because if you had been around for a while, you would know that we have the longest playoff drought in the NBA right now.

On one hand you are crying about how the fan base is crying; yet in the very same post, you start crying about how our team is not physically tough and just rolls over when we get hit in the mouth. You are a strange bird; but it takes all types; and any Hawk fan is a die hard fan that is for damn sure...

I wish I was a new fan. It would be easy to walk away from this schizophrenic team and fan base. But I have 22 or 23 years of fandom invested in the Hawks. So I'm a fan for life, no matter how good or how bad the team is.

I'm not crying about how they're not physically tough. I KNOW they're not physically tough. That's why I don't expect them to win against physically tough teams. A loss like tonight doesn't stress me one bit, because of that.

You guys act like we were favored to win this game or something? Sure, we could've put on a better performance. But if we'd lost by 1 point, like we did last time, would you feel any better about the Hawks?

I mean, we'd still be 7 - 10. So what . . you want a close "moral" victory, instead of a blowout? Those moral victories do this team no good now. It's either win or lose. And a loss is a loss, no matter how much you lose by.

We're not going to be a good team, until we start consistently beating these bad teams. Give me 2 wins vs Minny and Memphis, over one "good" win over Detroit.

I'll throw back the great wins over Dallas and Phoenix, if I could have wins over New Jersey, Seattle, Chicago, and Washington instead. Those are the teams we're going to have to start beating on a consistent basis, not the top level teams like Detroit.

Here's a nugget for you Buzzard.

If we lose the next 2 games vs Minny and Memphis, we're 7 - 13, and losers of 4 of our last 6 games.

If we win our next 2 vs Minny and Memphis, we're 9 - 10, and winners of 6 of our last 9 games.

If we split those 2 games, we're 8 - 11, and we've basically played .500 ball since the Seattle loss.

What the Hawks have done in season's past, does not matter now. What matters, is how this year's version of the Hawks play like.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Then why all the crying? That's what gets me. People on here freaking out like they actually fully expected to be the team to stop the Pistons on a tear right now. Hoping is one thing, expecting is another. So why is all these people who knew it was coming so shocked?

EXACTLY !! Why all the crying?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Because people actually believe these guys are going to start winning games and it's not going to happen. I complain because the team is going NOWHERE. Changes need to be made. Marvin probably needs to hit the road in favor of a more developed player that is willing to be a number 2 guy on a nightly basis.

Josh Smith's problems are easier to workout than Marvin's I do believe. How often do you see soft players become tough?

Quote:

I'm not crying about how they're not physically tough. I KNOW they're not physically tough. That's why I don't expect them to win against physically tough teams. A loss like tonight doesn't stress me one bit, because of that.

You mention that we are not physically tough tonight but because you already in your infinite wisdom know this; then it is not crying.

I already know our coach sucks and we need a new one, but because I and several others mention it; it is crying.

Do you know how stupid you are sounding right now? You do not think we should mention any weaknesses after a loss; yet in the same friggin breath you do. Northcyde, like I said you are a weird one son. Double standards go over with me like a ton of bricks. Just get over yourself and move on...

Quote:

I KNOW they're not physically tough.

Then quit friggin crying about it!

i'm not upset

5-8 seeds beat the teams they should and lose most of the games to the 1-4 teams...that's what we've done lately...we are 3-2 in our last 5...we beat the teams we should and we lost to detroit

we will occasionally steal one (see dallas and phoenix), but the major sign of improvement is when we consistently beat the bad teams

there are only 8 1-4 teams in the league...u can win 50 games if u consistently beat the other teams and only occasionally steal from the top teams

• Premium Member

You obviously don't watch the games... or is it that you don't have a strong basketball knowledge.

You're so busy trying to say we're a playoff team that you miss the Forrest.

The Forrest is that regardless of what seed Detroit is, they have shown the blueprint of how to shut us down. It's simple. Be Physical. Smoove doesn't like Physical play. Horford can't play Physically by himself. And Physical defenders hinder JJ.

Just like I told you last night, we have not arrived. We need a sustainable offense that is not so easily shut down.

Because when teams take the game to us (physically) we become a jumpshooting turn over prone team. And those folks saying we need Salim to play more.... the only thing that that would do is make us more of a Jump shooting team.

What we need is a low post scorer.

I was watching the De La Hoya vs. Mayweather fight. There's a reason why boxing is the "sweet science". IN those later rounds when De La Hoya got tired, Mayweather started attacking the body and crushing the head.

That's what a low post score is. It's a hard body blow. In the beginning of the game, some teams can weather a low post offense. But by the end of games, teams so bothered by the low post game that they leave the 3 point line wide open. Once you got a team on the ropes with the low post game, you will seethe defense "tighten up". You will see the midrange shots become more and more available.

However, if you start off going for the head, you're not going to wear down anybody.

We need a low post scorer!

Gasol, JO, etc... Send in your resume's!!!

we have a low post scorer...he's just a rookie that doesn't get fed for a low post score very often and doesn't look for it often

in fact, at one point midway through the game, we were beating them in points-in-the-paint

yes we got crushed last night...but that's not the point

playoff teams beat the bad teams and only sometimes beat good teams and sometimes look very bad against good teams

non-playoff teams steal some against good teams and lose to the bad teams

the fact that we just went 3-1 against bad teams is encouraging...and more encouraging than one loss to a top team is discouraging

we play differently every night...when we start playing consistently every game, we'll start moving up the rankings real fast

we had the TOP defense in the league over the previous 6 games before this game...but we faced a red-hot top team and we crumbled...i look at 6-game streaks more strongly than i do 1-game streaks

Diesel, you are dead on about the need for a low post scorer. And even though teams like the Spurs and Pistons show how to beat us, only a few teams in this league are able to defend us the way they do. A decent low post scorer would free up our shooters and possibly prevent scoring droughts.

But the Pistons are a team that doesn't necessarily have a low post option to go to either. So when they're red hot offensively, their great defense can shut a team down, and blow a game wide open. And that's what happened last night.

• Premium Member

I'm not as bothered by the so-called "crybaby fan base" as I am the "apathetic fan base."

This team is beyond irrelevant to the national media, and viewed with tremendous negativity and/or pessimism by just about every local outlet.

Fans are simply echoing their lead.

Quote:

Where is the crybaby face at?

Oh, there it goes

weeping.gif

weeping.gif

weeping.gif

weeping.gif

weeping.gif

Unfortunatly guys, these are the types of games that mediocre ballclubs play on occasion. Mediocre teams are inconsistent in their play. And tonight was no exception.

It's funny though . . .

There was almost NOTHING said about the Hawks last night . . positive or negative. This board is so peaceful ( tranquil even ) after a win.

But as soon as we lose . . .

weeping.gifweeping.gifweeping.gifweeping.gifweeping.gif

And for the record . .
the entire team, with the exception of the Rookies, is soft.
Whenever we play an active, physical team, the only chance we have of beating them, is if they're off offensively. Otherwise, they're going to punch us in the mouth, and we're going to
weeping.gif

The one difference I DO see in this team though, is that this team may not be physically tough, but they are mentally tough. They'll forget about this loss ( unlike the fan base ), and properly prepare for Minnesota on Thursday.

To me, it's games like Minny and the Memphis game after that, that tell me a lot about this team. Because if we lose those 2 games, we're 7 - 12, with games @ Orlando, vs Toronto, and @ Detroit staring us in the face.

But if we win those 2 games, we're 9 - 10, with a little breathing room for those following 3 games, if we happen to stumble there.

But some of you fans are acting like you expected a lot more out of this team. If some of you predicted the Hawks to be a 36 - 42 win team, this is exactly how 36 - 42 win teams play.

Excuses are the tools of the incompetent...used to build monuments of nothingness.

Quote:

While every loss is discouraging to me (as it should be to every true fan), this is exactly my thoughts too. We're playing exactly to the record we all predicted.