• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

AJC: Where's Joe?

WraithSentinel

Quote:

Well maybe someone should tell Woody to stop playing Joe 40+ minutes on back-to-backs from earlier in the season.

Let Salim or Childress get some of his minutes.

Jesus.

Yes, my Lord, Jesus would definitely be helpful to this team, but I'm not sure Woody would have the sense to play him much. I'm not a Woody ripper, but just had to on that one.

I'll repost what I wrote on the bottom of that blog (uh oh, my duel Hawksquawk/AJC personas are out of the bag!!).

Quote:

Not everyone took digested Johnson’s words the same. I know some of his teammates felt they were the targets of his ire (and nothing could be further from the truth).

"Uh oh. See, that’s what worried me about that article. Did Joe or you happen to let them know that that wasnt the intention?

Im guessing it was Smoove that had the biggest problem with it. Which leads me to something Ive been wondering a lot lately….

Do Joe and Smoove even get along? Can they co-exist?

I’ve been noticing a lot lately that, in games, the two dudes dont really seem to be on the same page. Even worst, Im not sure they even like eachother that much. There was a moment last night where they showed Joe going to the bench, with Smoove trying to talk to him. It looked to me that Joe straight up ignored him (he looked very frustrated), almost like, “don’t even bother me with that ish.”

I think we HAVE to make a trade. As has been the case for awhile now, we have to balance this roster. But even more so, I think we have severe chemistry issues that can’t be righted with the current personnel. We need guys that have fun playing with each other. I don’t think we have that now.

And, until Sekou lets me know otherwise, Im still thinking that Smoove and Joe really have problems with each other."

Your dual personality is BUSTED. (Like I can talk).

I agree, I think that JJ and Smith are definitely not getting along. And I think this has been true for most of the past few years. Remember when Sekou wrote about the warring factions... young vs. old back in 2005? I recall that it was Harrington/JJ/Lue on one side and Smith/Salim on the other. And when JJ used to talk about "guys playing differently at home", it was pretty clear who he was speaking about, the only guy who was playing it front on his home town crowd. I don't know that they have to be best friends... Bird and McHale supposedly couldn't be in the same car together back in the day. But it seems to be carrying over to the floor and it feels like Smith has worn JJ down and now JJ is just collecting his paycheck and going thru the motions. Maybe JJ knew this battle of wills would transpire after Smith got to be "the man" late last year. Maybe that's why he was so excited about getting veteran help, someone who would help him maintain the "hierarchy". And of course, he only got more rookies (although I doubt Horford/Law are dumb enough to choose sides in this tug-of-war). What a FUDGING mess we have here. From ownership down to the players... a HOT FUDGING MESS.

• Premium Member

Quote:

. Bird and McHale supposedly couldn't be in the same car together back in the day. But it seems to be carrying over to the floor and it feels like Smith has worn JJ down and now JJ is just collecting his paycheck and going thru the motions. Maybe JJ knew this battle of wills would transpire after Smith got to be "the man" late last year. Maybe that's why he was so excited about getting veteran help, someone who would help him maintain the "hierarchy". And of course, he only got more rookies (although I doubt Horford/Law are dumb enough to choose sides in this tug-of-war). What a FUDGING mess we have here. From ownership down to the players... a HOT FUDGING MESS.

Next time on John Edward "Final Beginnings" Watch Annakin Joe Speculate on the possible of a Joe Johnson for Kobe Bryant for Carlos Boozer for Elton Brand/Corey Maggette for Oden/Miles/Blake for Marbury/Randolph for JO for Gasol/Stoudmire for Iverson/Johnson for Stoudamire/Diaw for Harrington/Biedrins for Bibby/Artest for Ridnour/Wilkens/Durant/Swift for Shaq trade Watch annakinjoe break down all the speculation and decipher this possble blockbuster using in 24 minutes. Annakinjoe will use all the powers of the afterworld and he will even speak to Redd who is said to still roam around from GM office to GM office trying to find the next best deal. Next time on John Edward "Final Beginnings".

Quote:

And, until Sekou lets me know otherwise, Im still thinking that Smoove and Joe really have problems with each other."

I am not Sekou but I have picked up on a few thinks from being at games. Things that the camera doesn't show on TV. Communication on the bench, communication during time outs, body language and communication during a dead ball.

When JJ bashed the team for certain players attempting shots they can't convert it was right before the Bucks game in Atlanta. (The game we won with AJ and West starting.) The Bucks game was also the first game Smith wore the sleeve on his calf. Think a sore leg after a tough loss added to the frustration fire which lead to JJ venting ? Probably so.

To me, the Bucks game is when JJ should be the most upset with Smoove b/c he had not had little time to cool off. However, during that game I saw JJ walk out of his way to help Smoove up off the floor several times. The cameras probably didn't show it on TV b/c it was after a dead ball. To see JJ walk clear across the floor to help Smoove up and then whisper in his ear tells me they have good communication with each other.

Also, during the last 4 minutes of the 76ers game this week JJ and Smith were pulled out to give minutes to bench players. JJ and Smith sat side by side laughing and joking like kids on a play ground while on the bench in Philly. That is not a sign of 2 co-workers who don't get along. (only watched on TV)

I think the "conspiracy theories" floating around that JJ and Smoove do not get along on a personal level are fabricated. We know JJ has called Smith out a few times and Smith understands why and normally stops jacking up so many shots after one of JJ or Nique's critiques.

Quote:

Your dual personality is BUSTED. (Like I can talk).

I agree, I think that JJ and Smith are definitely not getting along. And I think this has been true for most of the past few years. Remember when Sekou wrote about the warring factions... young vs. old back in 2005? I recall that it was Harrington/JJ/Lue on one side and Smith/Salim on the other. And when JJ used to talk about "guys playing differently at home", it was pretty clear who he was speaking about, the only guy who was playing it front on his home town crowd. I don't know that they have to be best friends... Bird and McHale supposedly couldn't be in the same car together back in the day. But it seems to be carrying over to the floor and it feels like Smith has worn JJ down and now JJ is just collecting his paycheck and going thru the motions. Maybe JJ knew this battle of wills would transpire after Smith got to be "the man" late last year. Maybe that's why he was so excited about getting veteran help, someone who would help him maintain the "hierarchy". And of course, he only got more rookies (although I doubt Horford/Law are dumb enough to choose sides in this tug-of-war). What a FUDGING mess we have here. From ownership down to the players... a HOT FUDGING MESS.

LMAO, you are one funny guy, I knew reading this article you "FANS" would scream Smoove's name.So predictable. And the article said teamates, not one individual player. And you just assumed it was Smoove... You guys crack me up

Merged from other thread:

As both myself and Anakin Joe pointed out in the post about Sekou's latest blog (the Where's Joe article), is it not becoming increasingly clear that Joe and Smoove are not on the same page, and may not even really like each other?

Now, don't get me wrong, they dont need to be best buddies to be the backbone of a succesful team. But, I really do think that there are serious issues between the two of them that are not easily resolvable. In fact, I tihnk that a big part of our chemistry problems center on the fact that our top two guys themselves have no chemistry. It sucks, but it increasingly appears to be true.

So, the question is, can they succesfully co-exist going forward? I doubt it more and more every game.

It's a bad situtaion to be in b/c Smoove would seem like the obvious guy to trade:

1) He has the most value and could probably get a Gasol, etc.

2) It would allow Horford to play the PF spot permanently

But then, you also consider his tremendous upside and the fact that he's a hometown kid who is our most marketable player by far... It's a very tough situation.

Edit: Maybe y'all are right. They do get along just fine, and Im missing something here. ALl I know is that there have been signs over the past little while, and it sounded as if Joe's comments had been directed at Smoove more than anyone else. Hopefully they are cool though.

• Admin

Josh has to be the trade bait, it's that simple. Sure he can fill up a stat sheet, but for every game that you cheer for him there will be three others where you're left punching the wall because he refuses to play team ball.

I also think shine has worn off around here for the home town fans. Sitting in the stands for last nights game I heard person after person groaning every time he touched the ball. It's just that obvious how un-team-oriented he is right now. People are ready for the Hawks to be a winning team and I don't think Josh has to be a part of that team for the fans to show up. Would they like it if he was? sure, but the reactions I heard all around me last night make it clear to me that they would rather have a winning team.

Quote:

Quote:

I agree, I think that JJ and Smith are definitely not getting along.

JJ sure does pass Smith the ball a lot considering they don't get along.

Unforutnately, not enough of our guys demand the ball the way Smoove does.

My point restated in another way: Smoove and JJ may get along just fine as people, but they sure dont look like they enjoy playing with each other.

Quote:

I am not Sekou but I have picked up on a few thinks from being at games. Things that the camera doesn't show on TV. Communication on the bench, communication during time outs, body language and communication during a dead ball.

When JJ bashed the team for certain players attempting shots they can't convert it was right before the Bucks game in Atlanta. (The game we won with AJ and West starting.) The Bucks game was also the first game Smith wore the sleeve on his calf. Think a sore leg after a tough loss added to the frustration fire which lead to JJ venting ? Probably so.

To me, the Bucks game is when JJ should be the most upset with Smoove b/c he had not had little time to cool off. However, during that game I saw JJ walk out of his way to help Smoove up off the floor several times. The cameras probably didn't show it on TV b/c it was after a dead ball. To see JJ walk clear across the floor to help Smoove up and then whisper in his ear tells me they have good communication with each other.

Also, during the last 4 minutes of the 76ers game this week JJ and Smith were pulled out to give minutes to bench players. JJ and Smith sat side by side laughing and joking like kids on a play ground while on the bench in Philly. That is not a sign of 2 co-workers who don't get along. (only watched on TV)

I think the "conspiracy theories" floating around that JJ and Smoove do not get along on a personal level are fabricated. We know JJ has called Smith out a few times and Smith understands why and normally stops jacking up so many shots after one of JJ or Nique's critiques.

Good post. I agree that being at the games gives a much better feel than watching on TV. Maybe they are OK. I just have felt something was up all season.