• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

AJC: Where's Joe?

WraithSentinel

Quote:

Josh has to be the trade bait, it's that simple. Sure he can fill up a stat sheet, but for every game that you cheer for him there will be three others where you're left punching the wall because he refuses to play team ball.

I also think shine has worn off around here for the home town fans. Sitting in the stands for last nights game I heard person after person groaning every time he touched the ball. It's just that obvious how un-team-oriented he is right now. People are ready for the Hawks to be a winning team and I don't think Josh has to be a part of that team for the fans to show up. Would they like it if he was? sure, but the reactions I heard all around me last night make it clear to me that they would rather have a winning team.

I here the sighs at games too whenever ZaZa or Smith shoot the ball.

No BIG trades will go down until the dead line.

We need a post scorer some how in order to run a legitimate half court offense or we have to committ to running and pushing th tempo relentlessly to mask that weakness. The half court offense will not get much better unitl a post score is added.

I hope there is a way to acheive that while keeping the nucleus of JJ, Smith, Marvin, Horford, & Law together. that would mean a flaud player is brought in who can do nothing but score in the post (E. Curry)).....or we trade Smith for Gasol or O'Neil.

My preference is for the players we currently have to get the job done and be in a real playoff hunt. If that does not happen I think a roster shake up for a true post scorer would be long over due.

• Premium Member

I'm not sure if we are watching the same games or not. JJ and Smoove pass to each other often... JJ especially gives Smoove the ball a lot... perhaps too much. I have no idea why people say they don't get along on the court... They are always talking to each other and giving each other the ball. At least that is what I see.

By Sekou K. Smith

December 5, 2007 6:30 PM | Link to this

Mavid,

I’m letting you know, Joe and Josh Smith get along fine. In fact, they get along much better than (apparently) anyone around here knows. Appearances aren’t always what they seem, be it on tv or in person.

What I can tell you is this, if the Hawks had a win for every misguided assumption by some poster on this blog (not you, Mavid or any of the regulars who have been here from early on) cooked up his own half-cocked theory on what’s going on, they’d be 82-0 the past three seasons and 17-0 this year.

Quote:

I’m letting you know, Joe and Josh Smith get along fine. In fact, they get along much better than (apparently) anyone around here knows. Appearances aren’t always what they seem, be it on tv or in person.

What I can tell you is this, if the Hawks had a win for every misguided assumption by some poster on this blog (not you, Mavid or any of the regulars who have been here from early on) cooked up his own half-cocked theory on what’s going on, they’d be 82-0 the past three seasons and 17-0 this year.

Yeah, I saw that, and it honestly put me at ease. Just from what I had seen on TV (yes, I do watch every game), those two seemed kinda cold toward eachother. But seeing things on TV isnt the whole story.

The bigger problem is that we have no chemistry, and those 2 dont seem to have much going just between themselves. That doesnt fly when they're our best 2 players. I'm not sure how to fix that (Acie could definitely help), but it's very frustrating to watch.

Lue vs Smith . . . . players supposedly thinking about tanking, to get woody fired . . . JJ and Smith not liking each other. . . JJ not playing hard because he's unhappy . . .

Chillz, it's like the majority of the fan base wants to truly believe that there is something real sinister going on with the Hawks. Most know the reason why we're 7 - 10, yet, they also want to believe something far more X-Fileish. I guess the rapper Cee-Lo made the song "Crazy" about Hawks fans.