• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Save Us Larry!!!!!!!!!!

LastDon

There's at least 5 great coaches out there that everyone in Atlanta wants/wanted in the last 5 months:

Rick Adelman

Paul Silas

Larry Brown

Bill Laimbeer

Stan Van Gundy

Jeff Van Gundy

MONEY MONEY MONEY. WE ARE NOT GETTING A QUALITY COACH TILL THE END OF THE YEAR. STOP DREAMING. WE ALL WANT LARRY BROWN BUT IT'S NOT HAPPENING banghead.gif

Quote:

I find it funny that the so called basketball experts on this site thinks that Larry Brown, a coach who has won championships on the college and pro level is incapable of successfully coaching the Hawks.

Some here say " We dont need Larry Because Larry because he will not play young guys" This maybe the case on a veteran team but as coach of one of the youngest teams in the NBA what other alternatives will he have ZaZa over Horford????? AJ over Law????? Please!!!!!!!!!! This is the legendary coach Larry Brown not Mike Woodson.

Larry was very interested in taking the very young Charlotte Bobcats team so I know he doesn't have any objections to playing young players on a young team.

Others say "Larry's too expensive" This maybe true but I think that Larry would have no problem taking a 3 yr 9 million deal with incentives. I think he would take a base salary of 3 with incentives, like a 1mil bonus for making playoffs and 1mil for each round we advance in the playoffs. This would surely draw Larry to Atlanta.

Larry can't ask for the world after the Knicks debacle.

Some say "Larry doesn't fit our style." I guess they were to young to see the balance offense the Pacers had for years with Larry or the Run and Gun style the Clippers displayed with Larry as Coach.

Another segiment says "Larry would instantly Bench Acie". I think Larry would Love Acie because he is the true point guard he covets and would mold him into a more explosive Mark Jackson with D.

The guys we have as rookies are rare because they come from the first batch of Upperclassmen after the League put in the age Limit so not only are these guys seasoned but Acie and Al are very talented and both have a tremendous amount of upside. LARRY WOULD LOVE OUR ROOKIES!!!!!!!!

WE NEED LARRY BROWN AS OUR COACH!!!!!!!

HE HAS SOMETHING TO PROVE AND OUR TEAM HAS SOMETHING TO PROVE ALSO. LARRY BROWN WOULD BE THE PERFECT FIT FOR THIS TEAM!!!!!!!

Larry doesn't have a problem with age, he has a problem with attitude.

JJ, Horford, Marvin, Childress and Acie are PERFECT fits for Larry Brown.

Smith's more of an AI or Rasheed Wallace. If he "bought in" and goes all out, he'd be Larry's favorite player. He'd be a guy that could elevate the team to a championship level if he did what Larry asked. If he pouts and whines, he'd find the dog house pretty damn fast.

I have my doubts that Larry's heart is still in the game as a head coach. But if he could get himself t buy in first, and if he could get the players to buy in second, he could do wonders for the team.

He's played young players plenty of times in the past, including while with the Knicks. Most of the fall out in NY was putting guys like Nate Robinson and David Lee on the court ahead of the vets. He did that because they play with heart and passion and they obey their coach.

Quote:

I have my doubts that Larry's heart is still in the game as a head coach. But if he could get himself t buy in first, and if he could get the players to buy in second, he could do wonders for the team.

Sign me up.

Many say LB doesn't coach the way the team is built. But the way I see it, great coaches win NBA titles. LB has proved he can do it. Only one way to find out if it works in ATL. Nothing we have tried for the last 37 years has gotten us past the 2nd round, and now we are just pining to get to .500.

Only way to get him here presently is to settle the court case as part of his deal, maybe give him part ownership. Pipe dream, but that's my specialty. The team has a lot of connections with him. cookiemonster.gif