• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Thank god he made it, but he still been struggling. Like Josh GW block, this doesn't make up for him sucking the last 5 games.

The guy has been THE only star since he got here. I think he's entitled to have a few off games without everyone piling on. We cant have selective memories here. He was/is the best offensive player on this team, bar none. If he has a few bad games, that's the exception, not the rule.

• Premium Member

Quote:

JJ and JS came through in the clutch. JS made the stickback off a JJ miss that kept us alive and JJ made the finisher. Much as I woulda liked to see us close them out earlier - at least we got the W. Now we need to take out the Griz.

So when guys give up layups on consecutive possessions, they are the heroes. Oh, O.K. bandit.gif

Quote:

Quote:

LOL . . . . like I said, the Hawks don't like to win easy. JJ will save the day toward the end. I've seen this Hawks movie before. This team is like watching a disaster movie. You know things will be OK at the end, but a lot of people have to die first.

bowdown.gif

While JJ hasn't been on as a whole, he's been big time when the Hawks need him late in close games. Maybe this game winner is a slump buster. People who doubt JJ, even when he's struggling, haven't been paying attention. Either that, or they just don't like the guy.

Excellent games by Smoove, Marvin and Horford. I love Smoove's shot selection and recognition tonight.

People just need to understand that this is the M.O. of the Hawks.

Quote:

...So when guys give up layups on consecutive possessions, they are the heroes. Oh, O.K.
bandit.gif

Tonight - yes....heroes...but that won't happen often. I agree we screwed up defensively in crunch time. But guess who REALLY screwed up? Minny! As soon as JJ touched the ball in that last possession they should have all converged. These guys aren't watching game tapes. Woody always draws up a play for JJ there. You just put 2 or 3 guys on him.

• Premium Member

Quote:

These guys aren't watching game tapes. Woody always draws up a play for JJ there.

Maybe they have been watching recent game tapes and were more fearful that Smith or Williams would have better chance of hitting a shot over Johnson.

Quote:

Quote:

JJ and JS came through in the clutch. JS made the stickback off a JJ miss that kept us alive and JJ made the finisher. Much as I woulda liked to see us close them out earlier - at least we got the W. Now we need to take out the Griz.

So when guys give up layups on consecutive possessions, they are the heroes. Oh, O.K. bandit.gif

Like Peoria. He just doesn't like JJ. He's been against JJ all season.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Like Peoria. He just doesn't like JJ. He's been against JJ all season.

I've withdrawn my support for JJ ever since he came out with his infamous comments about how he needs help after a positive pre-season and then proceeded to stink it up during the regular season. And now look what has happened..Josh Smith has gotten his act together, Marvin is playing consistent and efficient and Horford is a beast. In fact, one can make the argument now that they are carrying him!