• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Problem with this team.....

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

is the players won't put it on the court the entire game. I hear everyone and myself included to some extent complain about Woody. But most of the players on this team are dragging ass part of the time. That is exactly why we need a veteran presence on the team like Jason Kidd. If Kidd was here there would be no goofing around on the court by younger players. BTW, no player is going to listen to Acie because he is a rookie.

Quote:

is the players won't put it on the court the entire game. I hear everyone and myself included to some extent complain about Woody. But most of the players on this team are dragging ass part of the time. That is exactly why we need a veteran presence on the team like Jason Kidd. If Kidd was here there would be no goofing around on the court by younger players. BTW, no player is going to listen to Acie because he is a rookie.

I agree. (rockytop)

I agree with you 100%. It's a bit ironic but the only real leader we have on the floor is our rookie star Horford. I have seen him directing players on offense and defense. Having a veteran presence at PG like Kidd would probably make a huge difference though. AJ definitely helps the team but he isn't physically able to make much of a difference these days, although that reverse layup last night was pretty damn sweet.

Quote:

Bickerstaff ALWAYS had the Bobcats playing hard, even though they were often the less talented team. But they rarely looked undisciplined or unprepared. Sure they were often overmatched but they always had tremendous effort under Bernie B.

Bernie was/is a very underated coach. He had Seattle in deep contention for several years. Issel failed him in Denver but had him playing again. Bernie always had his teams prepared.

Quote:

Bickerstaff ALWAYS had the Bobcats playing hard, even though they were often the less talented team. But they rarely looked undisciplined or unprepared. Sure they were often overmatched but they always had tremendous effort under Bernie B.

As a huge UNC homer I'd also give a lot of credit to Felton. While his game hasn't been as efficient in the NBA as I expected, he's all heart all the time and he's a natural born leader. He demands that his teammates give 100% effort at all times.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

As a huge UNC homer I'd also give a lot of credit to Felton. While his game hasn't been as efficient in the NBA as I expected, he's all heart all the time and he's a natural born leader. He demands that his teammates give 100% effort at all times.

That is what we need on this team, some heart. I think Horford has it but there are no other leaders on this team at this point in the seson.