• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jose Calderon

koncak

That's why whenever Commander Woody plays "The Nuke", he should always play alongside JJ. If JJ is going to be the half court faciliator, he needs shooters around him. Too bad The Nuke came in the game last night, and missed 4 shots in 4 minutes, but you have to live with that. That's what Nukes do.

As far as Acie goes, he just needs to look for his offense a little more. Take that open 20 footer or take it to the hole. Before last night, I noticed that he was actually trying to do just that.

As for Calderon?

( talking like Rick Pitno )

"Doc Rivers isn't coming through that door folks. Jose Calderon isn't coming through that door."

• Premium Member

Quote:

First let me admit it took me longer to come around on Calderon then most of you. Last year he was very tentative and afraid to shoot. Eventully he got confidence that his game transfers to the NBA and he really turned it on the last half of last season.

Toronto isn't trading Calderon now. Why would they ?

Their other PG is TJ Ford. He is a frai 5'11'' 165 lbs with a spinal cord condition that causes his spine to narrow. Dr.'s have advised him that if he falls the wrong way it could paralyze him. Remember his fall in college that left him paralyzed for a day or so. Not to mention his lack o size already makes him vunlerable to injury.

Calderon is a 6'3'' PG who can start and or be the perfect compliment and insurance policy to the injury prone Ford.

Why would they trade him ?

The time has passed to obtain this guy. No way I trade Law, fillers and ANOTHER 1st rounder for him. His market value is too high. I'd rather turn the attention back to Blake or Jack in Portland b/c he could be had for a lot less. Ridnour and Miller are more expensive salary options.

Acie is the truth. Let his ankle heal and lets see what we have in him before we go trading him off with future draft picks.

I agree with you time has passed on this deal. We need to somehow get rid of Speedy. I don't understand the reason behind signing a pg that has been injured all of his career but then again I'm not the genius GM that BK is.

Quote:

Quote:

I hope Law can be that guy for us.

As a rookie?

I hope so.

I think the Raps intend to keep him long term at the expense of the inury prone Ford anyway. Isn't that what you would do ?

I like Calderon as a player, I just think it is close to a pipe dream that he is on the market for a trade.

Why would they want to keep Calderon over Ford ?

no way do i trade acie+chill for calderon

i think acie (with good coaching after this season) will be BETTER than calderon

we know he's clutch from college and he's a scorer...we know he can distribute...we know he can drive...we know he can defend

i'd LOVE a trade for another pg to go with acie, but i'm not trading acie for a diff pg unless that pg is deron/paul

I agree with others who are saying that his value has risen too much. The window to get him has probably closed. But, we should evaluate the opportunity in the offseason (a lot does depend on Acie).

If anyone wants to be entertained, go over to the realgm Raptors board and make a trade proposal for Calderon. hbomb.gif

Quote:

no way do i trade acie+chill for calderon

i think acie (with good coaching after this season) will be BETTER than calderon

we know he's clutch from college and he's a scorer...we know he can distribute...we know he can drive...we know he can defend

i'd LOVE a trade for another pg to go with acie, but i'm not trading acie for a diff pg unless that pg is deron/paul

Yes. Acie has every skill a PG needs.

He is not too small/weak for getting exploited on defense. Hi isn't too big for guarding small guards. He has the perfect combination of strength/size/quickness for guarding anybody.

He also got the leadership/intangibles/maturitu that you can't teach.

He can shoot from outside/penetrate/pass/run and has the vision to see plays before they develop.

What more do you want. Give him a little time and he'll be an all star. He just got it all. I haven't seen any weakness yet. His 3 pointers will develop because he was a flat out shooter in college.

Yet