• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone see Chris Paul tonight Career high 43 point

SmooveTheFuture

Quote:

It would probably be alot easier for people to forget if the Hawks were not still trying to fill that position.

Yep thats exactly how I feel Acie Law IMO is not the answer he will never in his best year be as good as Chris Paul or Deron Williams. If the Hawks want to be contenders they must trade for a Calderon, Andre MIller type PG.

Of course...but the complaining is getting old. It's been two years. Portland could have had Paul and Williams but traded down and drafted Martell Webster because they had Sebastian Telfair ...Detroit could have had a number of franchise players in the 2003 draft but took Darko..Toronto took Hoffa(hell we took Chill) when they could have had Iguodala,Jefferson,Smith,etc..yet those team's fan bases have moved on because it's old news. Hawks fans should do the same.

Quote:

It would probably be alot easier for people to forget if the Hawks were not still trying to fill that position.

IMO Deron is more of a "system" PG. He's very good - don't get me wrong...but he had the law laid down to him after his rookie year by Sloan (my guess). He was too heavy and when we played them (before the Salim started debacle in the 4th quarter last year) Speedy was pwning him.

CP3 is totally different. MUCH quicker and much more of a true PG.

At Illinois Deron was a PG playing with Dee...who also made a pro roster as a PG - meaning he had help. He's now in much better shape but I don't think he is anywhere near CP3 in raw talent, athleticism, or BBIQ. JMHO

Quote:

Of course...but the complaining is getting old. It's been two years. Portland could have had Paul and Williams but traded down and drafted Martell Webster because they had Sebastian Telfair ...Detroit could have had a number of franchise players in the 2003 draft but took Darko..Toronto took Hoffa(hell we took Chill) when they could have had Iguodala,Jefferson,Smith,etc..yet those team's fan bases have moved on because it's old news. Hawks fans should do the same.

Good points.

However, 790 the zone does not have a personal vindetta against someone in those other organizations. These guys know how gullable the general public is. And they lead the way with negative campaigning.

You would think that Chris Paul has won a championship ring. Better yet, a playoff series. Better yet, a playoff game. The thing that trips me out is that if Acie went out and scored 43 points tonight it would be a knock against him.

Look at how disproportional this furor over Chris Paul is...

First, he is not Jordan. As mentioned earlier other teams past on him but the focus is always on us. How many teams get constant crying about passing on Gilbert Arenas or Rahard Lewis or Amare Stoudamire.

When Babcok was here he was awful. There were a number of players that he passed on and it was nothing like this.

The fact is 790 the gets away with being an agenda driven media outlet and if they don't like you or have beef with you, they know they have a better forum to manipulate the public.

Now that I think about it. This is how rediculous thus stuff is. I have literally heard criticisms of Lebron James but never heard one knock against CP3!!

Lebron has carried his team to the finals and still gets a little criticism. This craze over CP3 is strange. For me, there simply was no way that I was willing to draft Paul at #2 after seeing Jared Jack put clamps on him like that.

The thing that seals the deal for me is that it is not just CP3. We have to hear about Deron Williams, Igudala, and Deng. No other city does this. As a matter of fact, this city does not do it, unless it is the Hawks.

Quote:

The guy was flat out amazing and hit the game winning shot he is a lock for the allstar game. Nights like this make me think we should have been just paintful that we are still searching for a starting point guard.

Why did you even start this thread? This sort of nonsense is just a waste of space.

• Premium Member

No one has even come close to mentioning Marvin... until you did just now. This thread looks like an attempt to spark critique on BK and his decisions much more than it seems to be about Marvin.

Though he is getting better and is turning into a real nice pro, Marvin was definitely the wrong pick... I think everybody on planet earth with a passing interest in basketball agrees with this... However, this topic HAS been discussed to such a ridiculous extent that I don't get why people keep bringing it up... Damn, nobody disagrees with you guys Ok? Cp3 was the right pick. We all know this. What more do you want to prove by making this thread???

No i didn't see Chris Paul 43 points because i am not a fan of New Orleans and therefore not watch their games unlike you. I bet you were happy that Paul beat the Hawks as long as your boy had a good game.

This is not paulsquawk.net or hornetsnest.com so go find one of those websites and cheer on for them and your boy.