• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Let's Bury this Sh*t Forever Thread!!!!

Wurider05

Please let's once and for all bury the Chris Paul should have been a HAwks talk/ FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME IF WE WERE GOING TO GET A PG IT WAS GOING TO BE DERRON WIILIAMS AND NOT PAUL. WE CAN'T GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE A THING. BK DID NOT WANT PAUL OR DW IF HE DID HE WOULD HAVE DRAFTED THEM. PLEASE LET'S JUST STOP THE F*CKING WHAT IF THREADS AND CHRIS PAUL HAD A GOOD GAME THREADS. HE ISN'T A HAWK AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL BE. LEAVE IT ALONE AND LET'S JUST MOVE ON. DAMN! WHO ELSE AGREES AND WANT TO BURY THIS FOREVER!!!

*******RIP-CHRIS PAUL SHOULD HAVE BEEN A HAWK******

Quote:

Please let's once and for all bury the Chris Paul should have been a HAwks talk/ FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME IF WE WERE GOING TO GET A PG IT WAS GOING TO BE DERRON WIILIAMS AND NOT PAUL. WE CAN'T GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE A THING. BK DID NOT WANT PAUL OR DW IF HE DID HE WOULD HAVE DRAFTED THEM. PLEASE LET'S JUST STOP THE F*CKING WHAT IF THREADS AND CHRIS PAUL HAD A GOOD GAME THREADS. HE ISN'T A HAWK AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL BE. LEAVE IT ALONE AND LET'S JUST MOVE ON. DAMN! WHO ELSE AGREES AND WANT TO BURY THIS FOREVER!!!

*******RIP-CHRIS PAUL SHOULD HAVE BEEN A HAWK******

I agree.

You should send this to 790thezone also.

Has Paul won a ring or a playoff series yet? Has he won a single playoff game yet? Has he even been to the playoffs?

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good player but this stuff is nauseating. We get criticized for passing on Paul at least as much as Portland does for passing on Jordan. That's when you know "somethin in the milk aint clean". This is ridiculous.

They have got BK in such a media trap that if his guy, Acie, scores 43 points (the exact same number) you would hear people saying... See, I told ya he is not the guy you needed, he is not a true point, he's "shoot first", blah, blah, blah...

Funny. As "great" as Paul is, he has been to the playoffs the same number of times as Marvin Williams.

Don't we all like to live in the past?

Sure we do. And the older you get, the more you have

a tendecy to do this. Why, I remember when ---------!

I agree. Time to bury the past. If you have a great

love for any one player, become a fan of his team.

Problem solved. We can all look at our own personal

past and see mistakes we would love to correct. Ain't

going to happen. Get over it. Move on.

Any one out there a Bible scollar? Read Hebrews 12:1

Although this is speaking of something else, the rule

applies here. Not a Bible person? Then, forget this

paragraph and move on.

Yes, we all love the "What If" game. What if I had

just a few more # on my card, I would have won the

lottery! And be rich! WOW!!

Didn't happen. The past is dead. Time to move on.

judge.gif

Couldn't agree more. People just like to bring up old stuff to make themselves feel superior. "Oh, I knew player X would be great." When they say that about half the players in the draft.

Quote:

I wish we can bury this ****, buy they'll alway be some stubbourn ignorant idiot that will feel the need to bring it up *cough SmooveTheFuture *cough!

It doesn't matter, it's obvious that he is Smoove and Paul fan and not fan of the Hawks.

FORGET PAUL AND WILLIAMS. Who really gives a shyyt. We have Marvin Williams and he is coming into his own. We are the Atlanta Hawks, not the Utah or New Orleans Hawks. Besides lets see what a healthy AC Law can do. I swear if this team makes the playoffs this year and lets say competes for or wins the nba title in 2 or 3 years there will still be people on here posting " We coulda had Chris Paul threads". Paul is not MJ, if he was they woulda made the playoffs by now.

• Premium Member

(First let me say that I WHOLE HEARTEDLY support this thread 100%)

What is most interesting is the amount of people who won't let this die vs. the number of people that were adamant that we not spend the #2 pick on a *SHORT* PG or slow/overweight PG. I recall very few people that actually wanted either, and most of those that DID want a PG were more interested in trading down for Deron.

Where were all you people when we were actually debating who to draft? There was no Chris Paul supporter louder on this board than myself, and I don't recall anyone outside of Diesel, Dolfan, and maybe 1 or 2 others, backing me up on it.

If you didn't want him then, you have no right to condemn the pick now. pillepalle.gif As much as I wanted him, I let it go long ago. It is time to move on ppl.

Quote:

...Has Paul won a ring or a playoff series yet? Has he won a single playoff game yet?

Nope

He's just the best young PG out there that many of us wanted the Hwaks to take in the draft. But we didn't...we phucked up. So now since our ignorant ownership/management didn't do the right thing it has to be glossed over?

WTF...the Hawks blew it BIGTIME.

All Marv is doing is getting better and better evry month he has played in the league. Paul is a nice offensive player and a sore thumb on defense. We would have taken Deron anyway. Just forget about it already. Marv is far from a bust and still is capable of being the best player out of that draft.

• Premium Member

Those who are so ready to bury the Paul issue... should be ready to bury ALL issues?

Based on this statement...

Quote:

WE CAN'T GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE A THING.

That means no more bitc-ing about Chillz over AI or Deng because WE CAN'T GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE A THING..

That measn no more bitc-ing about Shelden over Roy because WE CAN'T GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE A THING....

That means no more bitc-ing about signing Speedy, AJ, and Lo because WE CAN'T GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE A THING...

That means no more bitc-ing about mistakes Woody made because WE CAN'T GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE A THING...

That means no more bitc-ing about Smoove and JJ because WE CAN'T GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE A THING.

So if you want to shut down Paul/Deron threads because WE CAN'T GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE A THING then you should be willing to shut down every thread that is based on WE CAN'T GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE A THING....

Who here agrees!?

No more bitc-ing on Hawksquawk because WE CAN'T GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE A THING!!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

...Paul is a nice offensive player and a sore thumb on defense...

LOL - huepfenicon111.gif

are you insane? CP3 is simply the BEST young PG in the NBA today...like it or lump it.

The truth hurts sometimes and that's why some fans hate to hear it. We screwed up big time. Let's not make it worse by hyping Marv at the expense of Paul like that makes everything better. It doesn't make things better it makes us homers. There's not a single GM in the NBA who would trade Paul for Marvin. Vitale was absolutely dumbfounded at our pick and I have to admit that I was too. There were simply too many starting quality PG's in this draft to NOT get at least one of them. Honestly, even a Felton or a Jack could start for this team right now. But what's done is done. But that doesn't mean that I have to conveniently "forget" the truth just to make others feel better about their "expert" opinion of who they thought we should have drafted a few seasons ago. confused.gif