• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jarret Jack use to handle Chris Paul in college

timdawg777

I remember when CP was in his last year at WF, and this whole forum was watching him as a potential pick. That year was deep at PGs, and when CP had head-to-head matchups against the other top PGs, they often had a better game than he did.

Some examples:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/recaps/20041201/wadiae

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...128/ai_n9502385

I really wanted us to draft JJack. I had a trade-down scenario that I thought was pretty good that year. Alas.

The thing I like about JJack is his physicality at the PG spot. He's not that flashy but he surprises every now and then. Of course I would prefer to have CP3. Nice thing about JJack is that he seems to be able to show up and play most nights - something our PGs haven't been able to do regularly. I think he would be able to be on the court enough to develop a chemistry with our other young players. If we could get him now - a Jack/Acie combo at the point would be nice, with AJ as an insurance policy. Plus, Jack and Law both have the size to guard the 2 or even the 3 on switches.

From what I've heard BK really wanted him but he didn't get it done - go figure... detective.gif

Quote:

The reason I mentioned this is that Chris Paul was not a sure thing like some people say. He did show a lot of weaknesses in college. Also, Marvin continues to get better every season. Lets wait 10 years before we make a final decision.

Chris Paul and Deron Williams were the two best best point guard prospects in the past decade.

Don't bother trying to sugar coat things. The wrong decision was made at the time. The franchise was set back a few years, but hopefully BK finally rectified the problem this year. Time will tell.

Quote:

Quote:

The reason I mentioned this is that Chris Paul was not a sure thing like some people say. He did show a lot of weaknesses in college. Also, Marvin continues to get better every season. Lets wait 10 years before we make a final decision.

Chris Paul and Deron Williams were the two best best point guard prospects in the past decade.

Don't bother trying to sugar coat things. The wrong decision was made at the time. The franchise was set back a few years, but hopefully BK finally rectified the problem this year. Time will tell.

Show me a pre-draft post where you predicted that Paul and Williams were the two best PG prospects in the past decade.

His point is that Paul and Deron were not consensus picks to become great (or even good) point guards. Both have surpassed expectations, which makes it hurt that much more that we missed them, but doesn't change the fact that they weren't supposed to be this good this soon.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Show me a pre-draft post where you predicted that Paul and Williams were the two best PG prospects in the past decade.

His point is that Paul and Deron were not consensus picks to become great (or even good) point guards. Both have surpassed expectations, which makes it hurt that much more that we missed them, but doesn't change the fact that they weren't supposed to be this good this soon.

For what it is worth, I said on 6/23/05 that both had superstar potential. I have not said that about any other point guard prospects since, or before.

And have there been any other point guard prospects in the same stratosphere as those guys?