• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Mass Protest; Who's with me?

MikeWilksBooth

This was part of last night's recap:

Woodson, now 78-187 in his fourth year with Atlanta, will now preach the importance of maintaining a winning record. At 9-10, the Hawks visit Orlando on Monday.

"I've been saying all year that if we can play .500, we'll be in position to make the playoffs," he said. "It's a long season. We just have to stay the course."

....This reminds me of a similar quote from him last year after a blow out loss. He basically said we were due for a big loss since we hadn't had one in awhile. Even if he is good at developing young players, he doesn't get what winning is about. It's never acceptable to get blown out, and this stuff about if we can play .500 gives his mentality away. Shouldn't our goal be to have a winning record? I want a coach to believe that his team should be winning, and should never get blown out.

Quote:

Myself and BHayley are going to the game against the Jazz on the 17th and I don't know about him but I plan to start some anti Woodson chants if I can get a few people from the board here to go and help! Who's up for it?

How about Hawksquawk taking up a collection to pay you guys to stay home.

1) Don't go down to Philips to cheer against the team. Like it or not, Woodson is part of the team. Anti-Woodson cheers mid-game is just in poor taste if you call yourself a Hawks fan.

2) Protesting by buying a ticket? ASG will laugh all the way to the bank if you can drum up support for that one.

Quote:

Myself and BHayley are going to the game against the Jazz on the 17th and I don't know about him but I plan to start some anti Woodson chants if I can get a few people from the board here to go and help! Who's up for it?

I hear ya MWB and I'm all for Woody getting the axe, but I don't think a game is the proper forum. Lotsa people take their kids to the games for a nice evening and having to put up with chants is a pain. I'm very critical of Woody, but when I'm at a game I always root for the Hawks and try to stay positive. I think emails or letters are a better way to approach the situation. JMHO.

Marvin said the reason we finally had a good 3rd quarter was because we talked very little at half time and started warming up in the half time much earlier. They just played 24 intense minutes. How much more extra warm-up did they need? If warming up longer was that important all NBA teams would have warmed up more at the half time.

Its a good thing that Woody couldn't talk to them at half time that much. Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

• Premium Member

We're almost .500 for the first time in over 6 years, we're almost .500 at this stage of the season. IF we beat Orlando, Woody just might receive a contract extension.

I do believe that if you want Woody fired, then a public protest is it, however, when the team develops a winning streak, A protest will not fly.

Quote:

Quote:

I hear ya MWB and I'm all for Woody getting the axe, but I don't think a game is the proper forum. Lotsa people take their kids to the games for a nice evening and having to put up with chants is a pain. I'm very critical of Woody, but when I'm at a game I always root for the Hawks and try to stay positive. I think emails or letters are a better way to approach the situation. JMHO.

I'm glad you mentioned the kids. Philips was like a middle school playground last night. Of the 8 - 10K in the building, 5K of that had to be kids 14 and under. The kids are loyal to the Hawks, win or lose. If if wasn't for the kids, Philips would be even more dead than it is.

This isn't NYC or Philly, where you're going to have a bunch of drunk fans yelling ish. Philips is definitely family friendly, and not a hardcore sports arena. So I agree with you. People should leave those anti-Woody, anti-hawk comments at home.

LOL, hell . . . . . by the 17th, we could be over .500, something we haven't been this late in the year, since 1999.

Quote:

1) Don't go down to Philips to cheer against the team. Like it or not, Woodson is part of the team. Anti-Woodson cheers mid-game is just in poor taste if you call yourself a Hawks fan.

2) Protesting by buying a ticket? ASG will laugh all the way to the bank if you can drum up support for that one.

How about you just do that, I assume you have PayPal?

Maybe the problem with Phillips is that it's more of a babysitting arena than an actual sports arena. It's time to get some hardcore fans in and make a difference and I plan to do that if we are under .500 for that Jazz game. Yes, the Spirit can have my $10 to have my voice heard. Fair trade.

Quote:

Quote:

How about you just do that, I assume you have PayPal?

Maybe the problem with Phillips is that it's more of a babysitting arena than an actual sports arena. It's time to get some hardcore fans in and make a difference and I plan to do that if we are under .500 for that Jazz game. Yes, the Spirit can have my $10 to have my voice heard. Fair trade.

Wilks, you're missing the point!

This arena is for entertainment and the kids!!

Watch Bobo The Clown run around on the court while Kobe is going one-on-one against JJ with the score tied and 10 seconds left! Let's give all the 10 year old fans cotton candy!

Mike WOodson should MC the event and talk to the crowd while we are in the last 2 minutes of the game!

You guys are GENIUSES!

OMG YES! You're right Hayley! Now that the writers guild is on strike, what crazy things will Harry the Hawk be up to in the coming months! OMG I can't wait to go to Philips and find out if he's still in a relationship with Harrietta. Remember that time that the guy was picking on Harry and Harrieta saved him???? That was like the episode of Threes Company when Terri beat up the guy to save Jack! Harry's masculinity is in serious jeopardy now....

Quote:

Marvin said the reason we finally had a good 3rd quarter was because we talked very little at half time and started warming up in the half time much earlier. They just played 24 intense minutes. How much more extra warm-up did they need? If warming up longer was that important all NBA teams would have warmed up more at the half time.

Its a good thing that Woody couldn't talk to them at half time that much.
Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

so there you have it. When Woody COACHED LESS!!!!!! at half time, they came out and played better in the third quarter. There's all the proof that is needed.