• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Time to air some dirty landry!

Peoriabird

Who are these great 3 1st round picks we gave Phoenix? Diaw? and who? I would give them Diaw every day of the week for Joe. As for the picks one was from Boston for Toine and the other will be our pick this season which right now would be close to pick 20. I would do that every day for Joe.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Deron is a game changer. The Hornets have been spending alot of money to surround Paul with " nothing" as you call it. Truth is he hasnt got his team to the playoffs in his 2 years either. Not only that but the N.O. offense is ranked 17 now which for them is very high since they got the great PAUL. Marv has done nothing but improve and the kid can play d unlike Paul. Saying BK made a bad pick with Marv is like saying the Rockets made a bad pick taking Hakeem over M.J. just on a lot smaller of a level. Before you jump all over me I AM NOT SAYING PAUL AND MARV ARE ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS DREAM AND MJ but if you take the talent level of their draft you can compare it like that. At the start of Marvs 3rd season you can see him coming closer and closer to the star almost every single nba scout said he would be.

The little something was a 1st round pick from Philly and cap room by dumping Hog. The 1st round pick which has changed hands quite a few times I belive will turn into cash but we gave it to Dallas in the Toine deal which got us one of the 1st rounders we used to get JJ. So in actual fact, we gave up Diaw, dumped Big Hog, and gave up pick 21 last year which Phoenix dumped cause it was so vital, lol and will prolly give up a late teen early 20's pick this year and all we got in return was an all star. hmmmm Did I even mention getiing rid of the horrible contracts of Reef and Ratliff and getting Josh Smith in return. Thank you BK.

Quote:

Then please explain to me why our scoring average and shooting percentage went up the last month of the season last year over the team's seasonal average when Johnson didn't play one minute!

A lot of teams were tanking and were playing their reserves more. A lot of players were wasting less energy on defense.

You say it was luck, maybe it was just about time. Luck? Luck was getting Lebron or Dwight Howard. BK really has not been given the quick fix or the chance to draft one. Sure it would ahve been horrible if Phoenix got our 3rd pick this year but man those balls had to fall our way at least once. My God what if BK took Yi or Wright or that center that is out for the season, not Oden the other guy whos name I cant think of.

Quote:

Quote:

Then please explain to me why our scoring average and shooting percentage went up the last month of the season last year over the team's seasonal average when Johnson didn't play one minute!

A lot of teams were tanking and were playing their reserves more. A lot of players were wasting less energy on defense.

Correct.

The Hawks did play great basketball in the next 4 games after JJ went down. Smith was spectacular during that time, and we won 4 straight. Then we proceeded to lose i think 13 of our next 17 games.

LOL . . . along with Smith playing great, Shelden and Salim played great as well. Diesel constantly talked about the double-double that Shelden averaged in the last 10 games of the season. And I remeber Salim having a 37 point game during that time. Salim shot over 50% after JJ went down.

So I guess that settles it. Let's send JJ to the bench, play Shelden 30 minutes a game, and start Salim so that he can put up big scoring numbers. Matter of fact, let's trade JJ straight up for Andre Miller.

Quote:

The little something was a 1st round pick from Philly and cap room by dumping Hog.

All we got was Terrell Brandon's contract (which expired the same time as Big Dog's but we recouped money from insurance). And you consider this to actually be something for our team? Going into that deal with the "1st rounder" you speak of, no one expected us to actually receive it because it had so many protections and restrictions on it. And dumping Big Dog did nothing for cap room because even after we dumped him we were still over the cap.

And the three 1st rounders are basically Diaw (who improves there team no matter how much you belittle him), a 20 something pick last draft that they decided to use for money, and our upcoming draft pick. So yes, they received essentially 3 1st rounders, if you want to ignore simple facts then go ahead and live with your head in the sand.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think Deron is a game changer. The Hornets have been spending alot of money to surround Paul with " nothing" as you call it. Truth is he hasnt got his team to the playoffs in his 2 years either. Not only that but the N.O. offense is ranked 17 now which for them is very high since they got the great PAUL. Marv has done nothing but improve and the kid can play d unlike Paul. Saying BK made a bad pick with Marv is like saying the Rockets made a bad pick taking Hakeem over M.J. just on a lot smaller of a level. Before you jump all over me I AM NOT SAYING PAUL AND MARV ARE ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS DREAM AND MJ but if you take the talent level of their draft you can compare it like that. At the start of Marvs 3rd season you can see him coming closer and closer to the star almost every single nba scout said he would be.

As I look at the current stading, NO is the third best team in the West and Paul is leading the way. You can say what you want to about Paul playing through a season of Injury or his rookie season. The point is, he's so good he was a second year allstar (in the west). He's so good that he was nominated to the Olympic team. Where's Marvin's accolades? Oh yeah. ON Hawksquawk Marvin is one of the fan favorites!

• Moderators

Quote:

And the three 1st rounders are basically Diaw (who improves there team no matter how much you belittle him), a 20 something pick last draft that they decided to use for money, and our upcoming draft pick. So yes, they received essentially 3 1st rounders, if you want to ignore simple facts then go ahead and live with your head in the sand.

I can't understand why people don't want to acknoledge what we gave up. It was Diaw and two first round picks. If Phoenix squanders them that doesn't make them any less valuable.

Maybe because if you add Diaw and the players available at 21 last year plus whoever they get this year IT STILL DOES NOT EQUAL JOE. If you think we would be better with Diaw and Renaldo Balkman over JJ your all crazy.