• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Babcock....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Babcock would have traded Lue by now.

I hated most of what Babcock did because he really didn't have a plan. However, 2 things Babcock wouldn't allow to happen.

1. Valued players to get Old on him... See Dominique, Smitty, Deke,and Mookie...

(I disagree with this).

2. Allow his coach to become attached to a non-star player See Laettner, Augmon, Brevin, etc..

There was a player named Larry Robinson and another one we called EMail. They were second rate players who Lenny had gotten used to . Babcock traded them as soon as he could. Not because they didn't fit into his system... but at the time he was trying to develop JT into a PG. To do so, he needed to get all other possible PGs out of there. That includes Brevin Knight, Matt Maloney and a few others.

Lue would be gone by now.

Quote:

Babcock would have traded Lue by now.

I hated most of what Babcock did because he really didn't have a plan. However, 2 things Babcock wouldn't allow to happen.

Valued players to get Old on him.
.. See Dominique, Smitty, Deke,and Mookie...

(I disagree with this).

Allow his coach to become attached to a non-star player
See Laettner, Augmon, Brevin, etc..

There was a player named Larry Robinson and another one we called EMail. They were second rate players who Lenny had gotten used to . Babcock traded them as soon as he could. Not because they didn't fit into his system... but at the time he was trying to develop JT into a PG. To do so, he needed to get all other possible PGs out of there. That includes Brevin Knight, Matt Maloney and a few others.

Lue would be gone by now.

Yep. He'd trade Lue for Troy Hudson. LOL @ those trades . . .

Nique for Manning: downgrade

Smitty for Rider: downgrade

Deke for Ratliff: downgrade

He'd trade JJ for Andre Miller

He'd trade Smoove for Biendrins

He'd trade Marvin for Luke Walton

And trade Chill for James Jones

The new Hawks:

Miller

Jones

Walton

Horford

Biendrins

Babock never had th luxury of drafting as many high picks as BK. I remember two #10 picks...Rumeal Robinson and Jason Terry. I rememberthe Priest Lauerdale flop like a lot of 7 footers who flopped.

He flipped Rumeal Robinson for Mookie and then flipped a 34 year old Mookie for JT.

Two excellent trades.

He got rid of Mookie at the perfect time. Mookie played only 2 more seasons and was never the same player again.

To judge a guy for not hitting home runs while picking in the late teens or 20's is harsh. It'not like he burned top 10 picks on Keefe, Gray, Mottola, Bowdler, etc.

Quote:

Babock never had th luxury of drafting as many high picks as BK. I remember two #10 picks...Rumeal Robinson and Jason Terry. I rememberthe Priest Lauerdale flop like a lot of 7 footers who flopped.

He flipped Rumeal Robinson for Mookie and then flipped a 34 year old Mookie for JT.

Two excellent trades.

He got rid of Mookie at the perfect time. Mookie played only 2 more seasons and was never the same player again.

To judge a guy for not hitting home runs while picking in the late teens or 20's is harsh. It'not like he burned top 10 picks on Keefe, Gray, Mottola, Bowdler, etc.

Keef was a #10 pick ahead of Horry, Sprewell,Christy, Davis, Stich etc. Can't remember the others.