• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

non-hawk: Your thoughts on Petrino/Falcons?

bumpyphish1

Sorry but I dont know a Falcons message board and dont wanna deal with it. I know some people might want to weigh-in?

-What coach would you like to see come in? (Cowher or Billick or young Pats O-Coordinator)

-Will coaches even want to come to ATL? (I hope Arty breaks the bank - that's our only hope.)

-Is Petrino justified for leaving? (eh...donno; don't respect him for it at least)

-What do we do to rebuild? (I think we gotta look at McCadden with the #2 if we can lose out...yes, tank!)

-Is Rich McKay Okay? I mean, is he worth a sh*t as a GM? (I'd like to see an interview with him.)

-Where do we stand as a team? What positions do we need to build up or acquire players for? Any free agents we would look at? Who do we draft in Rd. 1, 2, 3...?

Hey, at least Falcons fans have something to pay attention to now. Came as pretty shocking news to me. I was of the opinion that Petrino would ultimately succeed as an NFL head coach once we rebuilt and got some talent and a QB. But, hey, maybe he wasnt an NFL guy. He is certainly a serial team changer.

Quote:

Sorry but I dont know a Falcons message board and dont wanna deal with it. I know some people might want to weigh-in?

-What coach would you like to see come in? (Cowher or Billick or young Pats O-Coordinator)

I'm not a Falcons fan, but I would go after a coordinator type. Maybe a guy like a Jason Garrett or a Maurice Carthon. The Falcons need to be completely restructured, so bring in a fresh face to do it. I don't think the older coaches would be patient enough to go through a complete rebuilding situation.

Quote:

-Will coaches even want to come to ATL? (I hope Arty breaks the bank - that's our only hope.)

Yeah, but like I said before, I would get a coordinator who could put his own stamp on a team.

Quote:

-Is Petrino justified for leaving? (eh...donno; don't respect him for it at least)

HELL NO!!!! He's a quitter and a sellout. Quitting before the damn season ended? Didn't tell anybody that he was leaving, until he was already gone? Even acting like he was in it for the long haul, even after the game last night? That's bulls**t!!! I hope that program goes winless in the SEC next year. LMAO @ that mo-fo doing the "woo pig sooie" chant. That mo-fo.

Quote:

-What do we do to rebuild? (I think we gotta look at McCadden with the #2 if we can lose out...yes, tank!)

McFadden is a good start. But you guys have serious QB issues. Personally, I would make a play for McNabb, if the people in Philly continue to drive him out of town. Of course, he'd cost ATL a few 1st round picks, but a vet QB like that in ATL would make everybody immeadiately forget about Vick. And it would be an immeadiate upgrade at QB.

Quote:

-Is Rich McKay Okay? I mean, is he worth a sh*t as a GM? (I'd like to see an interview with him.)

Hmmmm, I don't know. He's made some moves to try to help the team, that has actually made the team worse. It's a hard call though, seeing that the entire offense was built around Vick. The Falcons defense though . . . damn near as bad as my Bengal defense. That D definitely needs to be addressed.

Here's a move: PacMan Jones for DeAngelo Hall. Both players need a change of scenery, and Pac would be the King of ATL. Hall might get his focus back while with the Titans. Pac was rapidly developing into a Pro Bowl talent, before he got suspended. LOL, that would be a ballsy move for them though, taking on a guy like PacMan, after the Vick fiasco. That kid has major league gamebreaking talent though.

Quote:

-Where do we stand as a team? What positions do we need to build up or acquire players for? Any free agents we would look at? Who do we draft in Rd. 1, 2, 3...?

Gotta completely rebuild the team, IMO. Once the new coach is brought in, do exactly what Marvin Lewis had to do with my Bengals. Marvin came in, and cut 10 - 11 vets from the Bengals by the time the season started, just to purge the underachievers from the squad. I think that also needs to happen in ATL. Get the offensive stud in the first round, if you don't trade it for an impact vet. Address the defense in rounds 2 and 3.

Quote:

Hey, at least Falcons fans have something to pay attention to now. Came as pretty shocking news to me. I was of the opinion that Petrino would ultimately succeed as an NFL head coach once we rebuilt and got some talent and a QB. But, hey, maybe he wasnt an NFL guy. He is certainly a serial team changer.

That mo-fo!!! ( they just played the "woo pig sooie" chant on SportsCenter's Top 10 plays). He's going to convince kids coming to Arkansas to be loyal to the program and give it his all, yet, this mo-fo flat out quits on the Falcons after 13 games. The Falcons are definitely better off without him. Oh well, I guess Chris Redman can go back to selling insurane. That was Bobby's favorite QB.

Quote:

Give me Marty man. Pay him a coaching max and give me Marty Schottenheimer!

Quote:

-Is Petrino justified for leaving?

Blessing in disguise as far as I am concerned.

I want Jason Garrett or Bill Cowher if the coach is external or keep it in the house and give Zimmer a try for the last three games and get some player feedback.

Trading Hall for PacMan would be semi retarded.....Hall might not be Warrick Dunn personality wise and is due for a pay day soon but great idea, let's bring in PacMan to tote his guns around Atlanta. Just what this franchise needs

Quote:

I'm not a Falcons fan, but I would go after a coordinator type. Maybe a guy like a Jason Garrett or a Maurice Carthon. The Falcons need to be completely restructured, so bring in a fresh face to do it. I don't think the older coaches would be patient enough to go through a complete rebuilding situation.

Northcyde you are so wrong on this one. Our defense is light years ahead of your Bungals (sorry, could not resist). We do not need to restructure; just need to address the offense in the draft and via free agency....

Quote:

Here's a move: PacMan Jones for DeAngelo Hall.

Only a true Bengals fan would want to bring in a known criminal. Pac would be a great fit on your team. Him and Henry could car pool it in their limos to community service; then hit the bars afterwards...

Quote:

Gotta completely rebuild the team, IMO. Once the new coach is brought in, do exactly what Marvin Lewis had to do with my Bengals. Marvin came in, and cut 10 - 11 vets from the Bengals by the time the season started, just to purge the underachievers from the squad. I think that also needs to happen in ATL. Get the offensive stud in the first round, if you don't trade it for an impact vet. Address the defense in rounds 2 and 3.

Nuts Northcyde. Your are trying to compare our players to your players when Marvin came in. Not even close. We are only three seasons removed from the NFC championship game. You guys had not sniffed a playoff game in almost two decades!

We do not need to gut anything; we just need to address our offense. Specifically at QB and offensive line. And of course hire Marty...

• Moderators

Quote:

I want a mature, established presence who can immediatly lend a sense of stability to our franchise. Bill Cowher, Marty, etc. would be fine choices. John Kincaid dropped Andy Reid's name this morning based on Reid's good personal relationship with Arthur Blank. That would be outstanding.

Quote:

Hope so. I guess we'll see.

Quote:

No. It should actually be good for us since he was a total disaster but there is no justification for his actions. He is just a selfish person who has no loyalty and looks to bail when things get tough or when he sees a better opportunity or when another coach is rumored to be on the hot seat or when a groundhog sees its shadow...

Quote:

I suck it up and invest my primary capital in upgrading the offensive line. A new QB isn't going to do jack behind this line. A RB, even McFadden, is going to struggle without effective blocking and even a mediocre back can look very good behind a good line.

Quote:

McKay is definitely okay but he has not done a good job in Atlanta. He built the Tampa Bay championship team but has whiffed on a lot of important decisions in Atlanta.

Quote:

I would try to draft OL early and often. If we want a RB upgrade, I would bid on Michael Turner in the offseason.

• Premium Member

Falcon fan since the early 70s. The thing in our favor is the owner of the team, he's first class.

I really think we need to bring in a veteran coach who has built the team. This young coordinator stuff don't work for me. We need veteran leadership of someone who's been around the league and knows whats going on.

We should have never traded Schaub IMO, but that is water under the bridge. I was never a fan of Michael Vick the quarterback and what he did is wrong. The problem I have with the whole situation or least what I've heard about it is ridiculous. Cruelty to animals is awful, but child molestors, drug heads (Michael Irvin, for one) walk away all the time. These animal rights groups care more about dogs and cats than they do humans. Michael Vick has had everything taken from him and I don't see the crime matching the punishment.

Back to football. I would like to see if Cowher would be interested. Maybe the Big Tuna could come in for a couple of years and fix things, that seems to be his specialty, look at the Cowboys.

All in all a rough year for our Falcons.

It would shock me if Cowher or Marty want anything to do with a franchise with so many problems.

$$ isn't everything. Petrino is losing 2 mill a year to go back to the college ranks b/c ATL is such headache.

Blank can give away ticketss next year and still not fill the Dome.

The only saving grace would be to some how get McNabb or a proven starting QB. Then a Cowher or Marty may look at us.

We already have plenty of picks stock piled form the Schaubb trade.

1 - high 1st round pick

2 - high 2nd round picks

2- 4 high 3rd round picks.

That is 5 picks in the top 85 ! Not bad too rebuild with !

Take the best guy available in the 1st. Some good college QB will slip to the 2nd round out of (Brohm, Woodson, Ainge, Ryan, Brennan, Kansas QB). It is a deep draft for QB's and some of these guys will still be there in the 2nd.

Top 3 picks are hopefully: QB, big RB, OL

Quote:

I forgot about all those picks, that should be an interesting draft. I think we should tank the rest of the games and go for Mcfadden

I agree ! MacFadden would be awsome as long as we draft some O-line help in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

MacFadden or the DT out of LSU appear to be the "can't miss" prospects. Weneed help in both areas. Supposedly there is an OL for Michign who is up there too. Then again the competition in the Big 10 and in Michigan's schedule is pretty weak.

A really good QB is going to fall to the 2nd round for us to snag.....Like Drew Breese did in the Vick draft.

• Premium Member

Man I'm glad this guy is gone. I was afraid he was going to destroy the Falcons team before he got fired. Instead, he leaves with Grady Jackson being the only casualty. Listening to some of his team "rules" and how he treated the players, this is indeed a blessing in disguise. This guy is NOT an NFL coach.

Quote:

Man I'm glad this guy is gone. I was afraid he was going to destroy the Falcons team before he got fired. Instead, he leaves with Grady Jackson being the only casualty. Listening to some of his team "rules" and how he treated the players, this is indeed a blessing in disguise. This guy is NOT an NFL coach.

Ditto.

I think Blank will have to spend the money and get a well established coach to move forward, if one will come. He has so much at stake given the past year that they cannot aford to miss this next hire. Spending an extra few million is a drop in the bucket compared to what it would cost him is they blos the next hire. Cowher is the guy if he will come??????????? But I doubt it.