• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Acie's production isn't really improving

BHayley

He definitely looks tenative on offense. He's almost trying to set people up TOO much. He hasn't had that breakthrough offensive game yet. The 5 - 6 FG game he had was close, but he probably needed to shoot more that game. He's missed a lot of tough lay-ups too, so that doesn't help his cause. He can definitely run the offense. He just needs to work on being more assertive as a scorer.

I bet people would've never said that about Acie during draft time. The concern was if he could run an offense, not score.

Yeah, northcyde. I didnt think he would have any trouble asserting himself on offense. That just goes to show you that he is really trying hard to be the pass-first guy that Woodson wants in the PG. However, Acie will and should assert himself more as the season goes on. It should probably get to a point where he is taking at lease 10 FGs a game.

Most rookie pg's are like that. He knows he is nowhere near the #1 scoring option even when he is out there with the bench players. He just has to grow into his role. He has shown flashes of both scoring and nice assist. He just needs time to put it all together. The injury didnt help. As long as he can remain healthy, he and AJ can man the point well with Lue doing a little bench scoring when he comes back.

• Premium Member

There is nothing to worry about, Acie will be able to score in this league. He's very good at getting into the lane, and will be great at scoring in the paint. He's just getting robbed on a lot of his baskets and they are rimming out, they will start falling. Yeah he's been a little tentative, but that will get better. Just by watching, it's easy to tell how gifted he is offensively.

Quote:

I bet people would've never said that about Acie during draft time. The concern was if he could run an offense, not score.

The only real question mark i had about him was his jumper. I am not crazy about his form. I know he shot 3s well in college but he didn't shoot that many.

We have already seen that he can beat guys off the dribble pretty easily. I believe his problems finishing are just because he is a rookie and coming off an injury.

Over his last 9 games he has 36 assists and 10 turnovers. That is a ratio i can live with.

Quote:

Yeah, I've seen several times where he was open and wouldnt shoot the J.

Doesn't matter as long as he got the assist. If he got 7 assts per game that's like saying he got the Hawks 14 pts.

It's true that he's not taking the open jumpers, but that's because he wants to take it to the paint for the easy layup or a dish out. That's what PG are suppose to do; he may develop a consistent shooting touch later on, but I think it's great that he's penetrating the defense every chance he gets. That's the difference between him and his twin brother, Salim the bricker.