• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks need Marvin to become strong(er) 2nd option

HAWKS1986

Let's put the superstar label aside for a second: a simple fact is many all stars have developed at around the same pace as Marvin, including Joe Johnson.

It seems now that some people can't call him a bust, they strive to find new ways to knock him. Now he has to be a "superstar" to please them.

Good job going into such depth! I think that this is something the coaching staff has put faith into this year seeing how we go to Marvin in the 4th so often, at least lately. They know that he shoots a high percentage and will deliver the goods ~50% of the time.

As someone posted earlier, Josh Smith is the key.

When Josh Smith plays within himself and has a good FG% we usually win.

When he goes back to those old habits we lose.

As far as Marvin, his game will come. If he continues this pace of 16-17 PPG I'll be satisfied for this year. IT's showing signs of progression.

He could take it to even another level next year

The key for him right now isn't his FG shooting. That great form he has is finally paying off because he's almost knocking down 50% of his shots.

The key for Marvin is driving the basketball. Early in his career he couldn't get enough of driving and he was constantly getting charges.

But now that people respect his jumpshot and the game has slowed down for him as well as the fact that he's increased his skill, it should be much easier for him to get to the basket and I notice when he does drive he often gets fouled instead of the charges like he used to get.

WIth how well he shoots FTs and from the field, he could score 20+ PPG easily.