• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Currently 7th in the East

TroyMcClure

Wow, to think some people would be so sensitive on the internet...who knew?

Let me break this down one more time so maybe your brain can encode it properly this time: All I said was that looking at the standings NOW isn't that big a deal. I didnt say dont get excited, nor did I say it wasnt important. What I DID say was that looking at them now will be much different from looking at them when half of the season is over. By then, we will be able to get a very good feeling for what team will do for the rest of the season. That's like looking at the NFL standings 3 games into the season trying to predict what teams will make it in...

Geez, no need to nut up and get your panties in a knot over this. If I had thought a bunch of regulars would misinterpret such an innocuous post...well, I still would have posted it. But damn, use your brain for a minute. My original post wasn't nearly as incendiary as it is being made out to be. What ridiculous and over-the-top reactions to it. I would have expected that at a board dominated by 10 year olds. It's not that serious. Wow.

Just saying...

Quote:

It seems that Orlando is the fraud I thought they were and are coming back to the pack. We have a good opportunity to make a move but we need a 3-4 game win streak.

I was watching that game. Rashard Lewis didn't play, and Howard was dominant ( 31 and 20 ). But Memphis beat them without Pau Gasol. Memphis is athletic like we are. And it's becoming obvious that Orlando can't handle athletic teams. Rudy Gay ate them alive last night. And Mike Miller might as well have been Reggie Miller.

If we could win another 8 out of 12, that would put us at 19 - 16. It would be interesting to see what record Orlando would have after 12 more games. I'd bet that they'd be like 22 - 14 or somewhere around that.

I won't call them a fraud. But I kind of agree with you and say that they're not nearly as good as they've looked so far.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Wow, to think some people would be so sensitive on the internet...who knew?

Let me break this down one more time so maybe your brain can encode it properly this time: All I said was that looking at the standings NOW isn't that big a deal. I didnt say dont get excited, nor did I say it wasnt important. What I DID say was that looking at them now will be much different from looking at them when half of the season is over. By then, we will be able to get a very good feeling for what team will do for the rest of the season. That's like looking at the NFL standings 3 games into the season trying to predict what teams will make it in...

Dude, this board is 100% negativity 24/7. In one of the FEW threads that we make that is POSITIVE, it gets bashed. Just shutup, Hawks fans deserve some kind of positive light after all the crap we've taken the past 10 years.

Quote:

Geez, no need to nut up and get your panties in a knot over this. If I had thought a bunch of regulars would misinterpret such an innocuous post...well, I still would have posted it. But damn, use your brain for a minute. My original post wasn't nearly as incendiary as it is being made out to be. What ridiculous and over-the-top reactions to it. I would have expected that at a board dominated by 10 year olds. It's not that serious. Wow.

Just saying...

Looks like you need to take your own advice.