• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin vs Childress, who's better?

exodus

Quote:

If you can't appreciate the game that Marvin had last night I don't know what to say, D. He was easily our best scorer through 3 quarters (and the only reason he wasn't the best was because JJ got all the gimme FTs down the stretch) and harassed AK into 5 turnovers, some of which were the team-leading three steals that Marvin generated. There was not much to dislike about Marvin's play last night.

I wonder if he'll respect the only voice of reason on Hawksquawk...or will he just continue in his fantasy world...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, what some Raptors fan thinks of any of our players means jack. They don't watch the Hawks every game like the people on this board. I value the opinion of people who watch our games over people who catch a glimpse every now and again.

Second, the people here think Marvin is better than Chill and its a ridiculously wide margin.

Marvin has been playing some great ball lately. I believe he's scored 3 of the last 4 games with 20 points or more. He finishes much better, and gets to the line BETTER THAN ANYONE. That means getting us into the bonus quicker and means opposing players in foul trouble.

Look, we all know your dislike for Marvin. But, you keep trying to prove a point that cannot be proven. People on this site think Marvin is better than Childress, and they love his progress. They see him growing and getting better all the time.

You will never accept Marvin. But, realize that you are a lone voice that gets no respect on the topic. NOBODY BUYS WHAT YOUR SELLING. Get it?

The Hawks haven't even missed Childress. Did anyone think we were in trouble last night because Chill wasn't playing?

Chill is a nice to have guy...not a HAVE TO HAVE guy. Big difference. I like Chill fine and understand that some nights he can get it going and really contribute. Other nights not so much.

Marvin is bringing a steady game night in, and night out. His consistency is huge.

• Premium Member

Actually...

There are two out there on their own if you must know.

Like I have said before...

I don't think Marvin is better than Chillz, Nor do I think Chillz is better than Marvin.

What's wrong Teabag?.. are you running out of usernames?

Yeah, I have 47 user names and thats why the poll is so one sided against you. How'd you know?

It's 47 to 2...thats about 96% that believe that Marvin is the better player. I'll even say that if someone truly believes that Chill is the better player then your wasting time watching basketball cause you don't understand it. There are much better ways you could be spending your time. When your one of just two people out of 49 that cling to the same idea...your not seeing things too good.

That about describes you and your Marvin hangup, right D?

• Premium Member

I definitely thought Childress was better based on their 06-07 production, but always knew Marvin had more potential, it was just a matter of if he applied himself. I don't see how anyone could honestly think they are equal at this point in time, Marvin has clearly gotten better.

I don't even think it's so much his skillset that has gotten better, it's his attitude. He was so timid in his first two seasons, just nervous and afraid to make mistakes out there. This season it's obvious that he's playing with a swagger, you can just see the fire in his eyes.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marvin is aggressive like a Wolverine and a Bumblebee!! There has been no player to ever play for the Hawks that is as aggressive as Marvin.

I said he's gotten more aggressive than in his first 2 seasons, do you not agree with that? Why do you purposely take things such out of context?

Quote:

He's definitely worthy of the #2 pick!

Yeah because that's what I said.rolleyes.gif

• Premium Member

Yeah.. It's liberating TP... I see how you can get spoiled being in love with mediocrity!!! I mean, the best part about it is that I can talk about HOPE and POTENTIAL as if those things were real!

See, check this out...

Marvin has the potential to score 60 points against the Heat... He's such a great player!!!

Wow... that's so liberating.

and if it doesn't happen, I can say Hey... He's only 21... He's doing well for a young fella...

Those other folks just don't see it. Marvin is potentially the best player in the NBA... Bar NONE!!!

Quote:

Yeah.. It's liberating TP... I see how you can get spoiled being in love with mediocrity!!! I mean, the best part about it is that I can talk about HOPE and POTENTIAL as if those things were real!

See, check this out...

Marvin has the potential to score 60 points against the Heat... He's such a great player!!!

Wow... that's so liberating.

and if it doesn't happen, I can say Hey... He's only 21... He's doing well for a young fella...

Those other folks just don't see it. Marvin is potentially the best player in the NBA... Bar NONE!!!

See, your problem is there is no in between with you. It's all or nothing. It's Jordan or Nique...or bust. If he scores 18 on the Heat, moves the ball, gets 8 free throws, and plays good defense...thats good basketball. Thats about what Marvin does every night, you can just about set your watch by his consistency. And he is only 21! Sorry that bothers you.

Look, the entire site is aware of your Marvin "situation". Frankly, I find it extremely bizarre. But whatever floats your boat.

There are very few people here who believe Marvin is a star. Can he be one someday? Who knows? But, in the interim, most Hawks fans are going to enjoy his growth. He is a better player this year and will likely be better next year. Enjoy the ride, it's not that big a deal.

Is there any chance you might move on with the Marvin thing?

• Premium Member

Your problem with you TP is that you lack commitment...

Either you believe he's great or you don't. There is no middle ground. Middle ground is for those Flip floppers who want to hedge their bets.

Put both feet on the bandwagon TP!!