Marvin vs Childress, who's better?

exodus

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Way to finish Marvin.

Does he read the boards or did a light go off in his head?

When he drives the basketball like that he gets 20+ easily

I don't think he reads our threads. It appears Marvin is a much better player than a lot of fans want to give him credit for. Even his own teams' fans....

• 2 months later...

Marvin has been cold lately (apparently he has been hurt) but Childress' weaknesses are exactly the same as they were 4 years ago. They aren't going away.

The hawks give up 4.2 more ppg when childress is playing

http://www.82games.com/0708/07ATL7D.HTM

and he scores only 1.1 ppg on jumpers.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07ATL7A.HTM

Considering that this is his 4th season, and he went to college 3 years, the chances of this changing are pretty slim.

• Moderators

I agree its not that debatable. I support all our guys but I just don't see how you make the case that Marvin is better than Prince.

-if Marvin was on the Pistons right now you believe he'd be the starting SF?

-if we offered a straight up trade right now you think Detroit would take it?

Prince's scoring may seem low but he plays with Billups, RIP, Wallace? We don't have a scorer in our lineup as good as any of those guys?

Chillz is far better than Marvin at this point and I suspect allways will be. Marvin is a tease talent wise and far below basketball wise. Marvin is virtually invisible while Chillz bust his butt full tilt. If you had five Chillz playing Five Marvins, the Chillz would win 8 out of ten, make that Nine of Ten. BK needs to move Marvin within the next 48 hrs.

Quote:

Your stats say that we're a better team with Chillz on the court.

If you want to get technical Childress has the worst total +/- on the roster. marvin is second worst. Not a ringing endorsement for either but Marvins +/- per minute is much better than that of Childress.

click

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

If you want to get technical Childress has the worst total +/- on the roster. marvin is second worst. Not a ringing endorsement for either but Marvins +/- per minute is much better than that of Childress.

click

Yeah and Zaza and Shelden are better than JJ?

Damn Statman, do you really believe every stat.

Try watching a game!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

click

Yeah and Zaza and Shelden are better than JJ?

Damn Statman, do you really believe every stat.

Try watching a game!!!

First of all you asked about the stat. I didn't say it was the be all and end all.

Secondly +/- isn't a very good indicator in small sample sizes.

Lastly the stats don't say Zaza was better than JJ. Zaza is -55 and JJ is -63 but JJ played 4 times as many minutes as Zaza. Zaza's effect per 48 minutes is obviously much worse.

And i do watch the games. Childress has been a weak defender from his rookie year and shows no signs of getting better. His jumper this year is the worst it has been in 4 years.