• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Nerve of these guys....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marvin Williams/Lo Wright for Tayshun Prince.

Detroit does it to clear capspace and to get Potential.

Atlanta does it for experience.

What do you think?

r0cd0gg

Real GM

Real GM

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2007 03:15 Post subject: Reply with quote Report this post to Moderator/Admin.

Tough call for Detroit, not sure how good Williams is defensively and he doesn't really shoot the 3 ball. Tay fits perfectly within our system and we have great team chemistry so...

What would it take to get both Williams and Chill? Stuckey, Amir, and Maxiell are off limits in that type of deal so not sure if we could pull it off or not.

hmmm...

Tayshaun/Hermann/Murray/08 1st for Williams/Chill/Claxton

We take on Speedy's deal and give back 2 small expirings that should actually get good minutes in the ATL.

Cowology

Senior Moderator

Senior Moderator

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2007 04:41 Post subject: Reply with quote Report this post to Moderator/Admin.

Tough call, indeed.

Such a move would unquestionably set us back this year. Tay is very much more than just a stat guy. He brings so many intangibles including both his defense and versatility, not to mention maturity, experience and some veteran savvy. He's also been incredibly clutch for us and one of our most valuable post-season performers over the past 4 years. And he's not exactly old.

You'd have to convince me that Marvin not only has plenty of room left to grow, but that he will indeed capitalize on that potential and become a perennial All-Star for me to really consider this move. And that might be a tough sell.

But IF you could sell me on that then we'd potentially be looking at an awesome future forward tandem of Marvin & Amir, not to mention Maxiell as 6th man. This would really kinda signal a bit of a transitional phase for the Pistons though and would require a bit of a change in managerial philosophy.

r0cd0gg

Real GM

Real GM

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2007 05:11 Post subject: Reply with quote Report this post to Moderator/Admin.

Last year's trade board/Tayshaun tough call was Tay for Gay but he was just a rook so...

I know Atlanta is foaming at the mouth to do that second deal I proposed.

These guys are freakin nuts... They know that Marvin is head and shoulders better than Tayshun... Just look at the stats!!! Plus he's only 21!!

• Premium Member

Imagine our defense with:

Horford/Smoove/Tayshun in the frontcourt.

We're talking block party!!!

Moreover, we get Hermann who I think is a stud...

and

Loose Claxton for a first rounder in this years draft!!!!

Hmm...

Quote:

Imagine our defense with:

Horford/Smoove/Tayshun in the frontcourt.

We're talking block party!!!

Moreover, we get Hermann who I think is a stud...

and

Loose Claxton for a first rounder in this years draft!!!!

Hmm...

Herrman is only a stud when he plays vs. ATL.

Prince only blocks shots when he plays vs. Chills. Chills lack of bulk allows Prince to get some blocks vs, him. Prince only averages like .8 blocks per game but seems to get 3 or 4 bpg when he plays us.

Is this etrade ven possible ? Speedy can't pass a physical and under the new CBA you can't trade injured players if memory serves me right.

I'm guessing the Pistons may shop Hamilton over Prince if Stuckey plays well. Rip is injury prone and depends on speed which will slow as he ages. Prince best tools are his length and "heady play"which will never change or deteriorate.

Quote:

Any trade of Marvin right now would

just be added to an archive of hundreds of trade marvin threads by Diesel.

We should probably just let him post his trade Marvin threads in peace. We have just seen what happens to Diesel when he tries to abstain for a long time. It is just too much for his nervous system to handle.

Quote:

Quote:

Any trade of Marvin right now would

just be added to an archive of hundreds of trade marvin threads by Diesel.

We should probably just let him post his trade Marvin threads in peace. We have just seen what happens to Diesel when he tries to abstain for a long time. It is just too much for his nervous system to handle.

Great post and dead on funny. Marvin keeps his play up, Diesel gonna have to come up with more than Prince and a 1st round pick for Marvin to get someone to bite on his next trade thread...