• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who's team is this?

Swatguy

Player wise, this is Joe Johnson's team. Never get that twisted. Even AJ would tell you that.

It's JJ's multitude of talents that enable our guys to go one on one against their man. It also enables AJ to get those open looks that he gets. AJ is doing what all veteran PGs should do with a young team. He's leading on the court and with his mouth.

AJ is the Jon Kitna of the Hawks. He's a good enough guy to lead, direct, and cheer people on. But overall, his talent and skill isn't good enough for you to depend on him on a nigtly basis. And because of that, he will end up breaking your heart at times.

View AJ as Kitna, and Law as Carson Palmer.

Kit did a good job in getting the Bengals to get out of their losing mindset. And he taught Palmer a lot about being mentally tough. But Kit's talent could only get the Bengals so far. It took for Carson to take control, for the Bengals to get over the hump. Injuries killed us this year.

Tim Duncan isn't a vocal guy. But there is no doubt that the Spurs are his team. Same goes with JJ.

AJ can score very well. Remember in the playoffs for Indy where he was going crazy. However it was Joe like northcyde said that allowed AJ to be covered man to man by, well I honestly forget the Heat starting point guards name from last night. I highly doubt AJ hits that shot that put the game away if Wade is on him or a double team came.

Quote:

I wish it were more like:

AJ - Drew Bledsoe

Law - Tom Brady

AJ, like Bledso was, is a smart veteran who is losing athletic ability. Can win games for you with veteran leadership but not enough abilty to net a championship.

Law- like Brady, is the rookie who evetually replaces the vet and leads his team to a championship !

Ok, I am awake from dreaming now.

Quote:

AJ is doing what all veteran PGs should do with a young team. He's leading on the court and with his mouth.

Tim Duncan isn't a vocal guy. But there is no doubt that the Spurs are his team. Same goes with JJ.

AJ is doing what the leader of a team does, untwist your knot.

Carson has led nothing.

David Robinson, Avery Johnson, Pops, Tony Parker. Those have been the leaders of the Spur teams. Experiences and experience with your best player (ala Duncan) does not equate to be the team's Leader.

Rip is the best player on the Pistons. Sheed has more experience, Tayshaun has more talent. But Billups is the leader.

As good as Joe is (and he is the star), he is not the leader. It has been the missing element of the Hawks and AJ has the personality of force to lead. Joe doesn't have the force. Or may I say Joe has not had the team leader skills lacking thus far.