• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who else was yelling at TV when Josh took that 3?

JackB1

When Josh took that 3 near the end of the game I was like

"NOOOOOOOOooooo.......YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still don't trust him to know when he's "feeling it", but he's getting so much better at taking smart shots. It's almost like he score 15-20 points now without being noticed. He is putting up great rebounding numbers lately and we don't really need him to score more than 15 anymore. I would love for Josh to think of his role as more defensive....steals, blocks and rebounds and take the occasional open lane to the hoop and get out and run on the break. That's his best role and he's starting to realize it I think smile.gif Scary stuff smile.gif

Wrong! One-dimensional players are becoming obselete in the nba now with the unbelievable athleticism of the new guys coming in. josh needs to keep working on his offensive game, and i think its coming along nicely. he's got the range for that 3, and thats something you dont want to take away from him. he should never take more than 2 or 3 a game, but i see josh as a more athletic rasheed wallace. that 3 is a great weapon for josh, and when it goes in it barely touches the rim. he can make that shot when hes open and sets up right.

Quote:

Wrong! One-dimensional players are becoming obselete in the nba now

Back this up with some examples. I challenge you to name a championship team in recent memory that didn't have such role players (Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry, Damon Jones, Ben Wallace) who played very specific roles but, in doing so, were invaluable to their team's success.

Quote:

Quote:

When I see him wind up for the 3, I just close my eyes and wait for the crowd reaction.

The Hawks got very lucky twice on Smiths late jumpers. First when he made that three and second when his airball (nice) went right to Childress for the putback.

Usually when Smith makes a couple of 3s in a game he comes out the next game throwing them up way too frequently. I am hoping he doesn't take any against Indy.

Quote:

I was like..................

doh.gifjawdrop.gif

and then
woohoo.gif

Ha! Yeah, my Dad and I were watching the game and I started screaming, "OMG...NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Then, moments later, I was like "OMG...YESSSSSSS!"

But seriously, what a weapon Josh Smith is when he plays WITHIN himself (rebounds, blocks, aggressive, some scoring to go along with it). Needless to say, he should continue to work on his 3 pt shot, but just use it sparingly or when he absolutely has to.

Quote:

...The Hawks got very lucky twice on Smiths late jumpers. First when he made that three and second when his airball (nice) went right to Childress for the putback....

Exactly...he made one and got an assist on the other tongue.gif how can we complain?

Seriously though, somebody has to have the guts to take those late shots if the offense isn't working all that well.

P.S. - Does JC get credit for a rebound for his "ala Lorenzo Charles" stickback?

Quote:

I still don't trust him to know when he's "feeling it", but he's getting so much better at taking smart shots. It's almost like he score 15-20 points now without being noticed. He is putting up great rebounding numbers lately and we don't really need him to score more than 15 anymore. I would love for Josh to think of his role as more defensive....steals, blocks and rebounds and take the occasional open lane to the hoop and get out and run on the break. That's his best role and he's starting to realize it I think
smile.gif
Scary stuff
smile.gif

To be honest I didn't mind it.

For some reason he is clutch in those situations

JJ on Smoove's 3:

"He was wide open, so I had to kick it to him . . . . I believe he can make that shot, and he did."

That's an unbelievable quote by our captain about easily our worst perimeter shooter. For him to have confidence in Smoove in that situation, speaks volumes about not only Smoove as a fearless shooter, but also about JJ as a leader. As hot as JJ was, he passes up his own shot, to pass to an open Smoove for 3? Unbelievable. That's truly "playing the right way".

Having said that, I don't want Smoove playing like Rasheed. I want him playing like Shawn Kemp. Nice that he hit the 3, but I'd rather see him becoming a feared dunker in traffic. Don't shoot the 3, dunk on Shaq's head instead.