• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our Next PG needs to come from Blazers...

bumpyphish1

Watching Jarrett Jack tonight, I could definitely see this guy fitting in well with the Hawks. He would be solid and dependable until Acie hopefully reaches his potential.

He is clearly not the future for Portland (unless it's as a back-up). What would we have to give up for him? He isnt worth a starter or Childress. I really dont doubt we could get him for a second + some other small carrot.

Would love to get Jack if at the right price. Not sure if I'm ready to give up Childress. Childress plays a crucial role for us doing just about everything off the bench except for guard bigs. I'd consider a deal based around Shelden or Zaza for Jack, however.

I'm still trying to gauge what type of value Zaza and Shelden have. Looking at Portland's roster, they clearly lack depth at PF/C with Oden out for the year.

Zaza/Salim for Jack/Jones (James) works but I don't think Portland goes for that. I'd do the same deal with Shelden instead of Zaza but I don't think Portland goes for that either.

Quote:

Steve Blake

Jarrett Jack

Sergio Rodriguez

Rudi Fernandez (coming from Spain next year)

...I have to wonder if their "least valued" guy could be had for something like a second round pick + an expiring (Lue or Lo)....

It looks nice when you first look at it, but it may just be quantity over quality.

Steve Blake is a journeyman backup.

Jarret Jack is probably the most impressive of the group but he's not exactly a top 10 PG.

Rudy Fernandez is a tweener. He's more 2 guard than he is 1 on offense and ESPECIALLY defense.

Rodriguez has the most potential but he does have to work on his D. He got a nice steal today on a lazy pass but that was about it. He's def quick though

• Premium Member

Jack is not a PG, he is a tweener. ZaZa and especially Sheldon has more value than you know around the league. I would not even think about gicing either for Jack. I like jack ok burt he is a 6th or 7th player on a roster.

Quote:

Jack is not a PG, he is a tweener. ZaZa and especially Sheldon has more value than you know around the league. I would not even think about gicing either for Jack. I like jack ok burt he is a 6th or 7th player on a roster.

Your post is confusing. Are you saying Zaza or Sheldon are anything more than a 6th or 7th player on a roster? And you realize they are not even that on the Hawks.

I would trade either one of those guys straight up for Jack in a heartbeat. Jack would be a great back-up guard for the Hawks.

Yeah...it doesn't really matter how many we have on the roster if they are incapable of suiting up at gametime. I think there is a chance BK could make a play for Jack - he wanted him before but it didn't work out in the draft (what I heard).

That said, Portland might not want to mess with team chemistry right now since they are on an 11 game win streak. If they were smart they would - screw it all up on purpose - tank! - get the best pick possible for next year to go with Oden's return.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Your post is confusing. Are you saying Zaza or Sheldon are anything more than a 6th or 7th player on a roster? And you realize they are not even that on the Hawks.

I would trade either one of those guys straight up for Jack in a heartbeat. Jack would be a great back-up guard for the Hawks.

Just a little mispelling. Re-read the post because I said Jack is no more than a 6th or 7th player on a roster. ZaZa and Sheldon are bigs. Sheldon is a decent big and they are hard to get. Trading either for Jack would be a mistake IMO.

BTW when you make a trade chemistry comes into play. Right now the Hawks are playing pretty good, so lets not mess with the chemistry at this point, we need wins.

Quote:

Quote:

Dude...we have 4 pg's on the roster...we prob not getting anyone else.

Dude, like, do you realize three will be off the books after this season, um, brah?

But we would be getting Jack this season, and no one wants our pg's, therefore we'd have

Jack

Law

AJ

Lue

Salim

Speedy

All on the roster at once which is ridiculous.