• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WE ARE BACK.

bumpyphish1

To relevancy.

To the playoffs.

To the national radar.

Whatever.

This franchise seems to have climbed through this dark abyss-like hole we have been in and turned into something to be excited about at the very least. Are we a playoff contender? Not likely. But, we should at least make the Big Dance - enjoy that pick Phoenix! And, this team is still not as good as it will be. Just wait til Acie busts out like I believe he will once he gets past the deer in headlights stage (injuries havent helped him there). Hell, he was efficient tonight - 4 pts, 0 turnovers on 100% shooting. He just needs to start knocking down some J's. Plus, Marvin has shot up his production this season. Is he really done? Has Smoove really completely found his game? Al is a rookie. I think JJ is the only one of our big 4 that is peaking as a player. Yee haw!

Bask in it, Hawks fans. It is a new day. Welcome to the HIGHLIGHT FACTORY. lol.

Quote:

To relevancy.

To the playoffs.

To the national radar.

Whatever.

This franchise seems to have climbed through this dark abyss-like hole we have been in and turned into something to be excited about at the very least. Are we a playoff contender? Not likely. But, we should at least make the Big Dance - enjoy that pick Phoenix! And, this team is still not as good as it will be. Just wait til Acie busts out like I believe he will once he gets past the deer in headlights stage (injuries havent helped him there). Hell, he was efficient tonight - 4 pts, 0 turnovers on 100% shooting. He just needs to start knocking down some J's. Plus, Marvin has shot up his production this season. Is he really done? Has Smoove really completely found his game? Al is a rookie. I think JJ is the only one of our big 4 that is peaking as a player. Yee haw!

Bask in it, Hawks fans. It is a new day. Welcome to the HIGHLIGHT FACTORY. lol.

Your point about the remaining upside of most of our team and the "peaking" of JJ got me thinking.

Obviously he's young still and has a lot of years left in him, but even as he ages, his game should only get better with time. His athleticism is underrated, but his game by no means relies on the quickness and hops we typically associate with "athleticism". His strength certainly helps his game and helps him get off shots others wouldn't be able to get, but age typically doesn't negatively affect strength.

Certainly any player can fall to injuries, but he doesn't play recklessly so he's a lower risk guy than most other current guards/forwards. His body isn't going to start preventing him from doing what he does simply because he starts to slow down and can't get as much lift as he does now.

MJ had to completely change his game as he aged and it took a ton of work - and it also made him a smarter, more strategic, more complete player.

A guy like Vince is only half the "Half Amazing" player he once was because he turned his back on the above the rim game after he started to feel the injuries take their toll.

Wade's entire game is based on dribble penetration and getting to the rim. Yes, AI still seems to be able to handle that kind of game, but who else ahs proven as durable as he? Wade's already showing signs of getting abnged up as a young guy. Imagine how much he'll have to change his game into his 30s.

Joe already has that steady old man's game. Who's to say he won't be "peaking" for another 10-15 years?

That is a point that I constantly try to make about certain players. That is why guys like Stockton and probably nash play until they are 35, 36, 37. I label these kind of players skill players like bird was. JJ and I think Marvin as well game is based on skill not how fast they are or how strong they are. magic was a skill player. If Shaq would have had any skill his decline would not have been so obvious. ZO was a skill player as well.