• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

OT Best NBA commentator

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was watching the Lakers game on Christmas... OMG... Jeff Van Gundy makes the show...

One of the funniest exchanges was when discussing Phoenix offense and why it wasn't implemented by JVG he said "D'Antoni has Nash as PG and I had Mark Jackson" Funny because Jackson is his commentating partner.

Then there was the Ice Cube interview. Cube at the game. Some silly reporter woman interviews Cube. When they come back, JVG says "Today was a good day!"

JVG "Who doesn't have Ice Cube's "It was a good day" on their IPOD?"

MJack "Do you even have an IPOD?"

JVG "IF I had one, that would be the first song in it."

MJack (to Breen): "Thanks for calling me a shooter."

JVG "Notice he said shooter and not scorer."

JVG "Nash is not only ambidextrious he is ambifooted. He can shoot off of either foot."

JVG "Kobe had the right to criticize the FO's lack of moves during the off season."

MY other choices Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith. Say what you want, this duo is the funniest in all of basketball.

Quote:

I always liked Snapper Jones, mainly because he would make a fool out of Bill Walton.

Jones and Walton were hilarious together. Snapper and Walton would argue like crazy. Snapper would call Walton out on EVERY ridiculous comment he ever made.

I have not seen "Snapper" on a nationally televised game in few years. Doesn't he call games exclusively for the Blazers or Sonics now ?

Quote:

Quote:

I always liked Snapper Jones, mainly because he would make a fool out of Bill Walton.

Jones and Walton were hilarious together. Snapper and Walton would argue like crazy. Snapper would call Walton out on EVERY ridiculous comment he ever made.

I have not seen "Snapper" on a nationally televised game in few years. Doesn't he call games exclusively for the Blazers or Sonics now ?

I think Snapper does NBA TV games. I've seen him call a couple of games. He's pretty boring without Walton to go back and forth with.

How do we have a best commentator thread with no mention of Hubie Brown? He's the greatest ever. No dispute. If you want to learn basketball, listen to Hubie.

A little OT - Anyone notice how d*ck Stockton messes up at least one name a night? And did anyone know he's married to former MNF sideline reporter Leslie Visser.(only woman in the pro football hall of fame) Quite a looker for someone like Stockton.

• Premium Member

Quote:

How do we have a best commentator thread with no mention of Hubie Brown? He's the greatest ever. No dispute. If you want to learn basketball, listen to Hubie.

A little OT - Anyone notice how
d*ck
Stockton messes up at least one name a night? And did anyone know he's married to former MNF sideline reporter Leslie Visser.(only woman in the pro football hall of fame) Quite a looker for someone like Stockton.

I always thought that Hubie would've been a GREAT hire as HC for this team. He has to be the best teacher of the game that I know of. Look at the way he coached up the Grizz during his time there. Too bad he's done with coaching.

From the past: Chick Hearn.

Current: Gus Johnson.

I used to say Harlan, but since he got promoted out of Minny to the big time, he has watered down his funny stuff for national TV.

I do love the Hawks TV team.

Quote:

I used to say Harlan, but since he got promoted out of Minny to the big time, he has watered down his funny stuff for national TV.

Is Chich Hearn the old Boston announcer..."Bird with the steal....underneath to DJ....ITS GOOD !!!!!

What a great call....he had that Larry Munson growl in his voice.

Who is Gus Johnson ?

Quote:

Totally agree. I can listen to a Hubie broadcast all day. Hubie explains the game so clear, that even a 10 year old could understand what he is talking about.

Kevin Harlan is vastly underrated in my opinion. I think he's the best play-by-play guy right now.

Gus Johnson is good to, but I think he's best when he does a college game.

Quote:

Quote:

Is Chich Hearn the old Boston announcer..."Bird with the steal....underneath to DJ....ITS GOOD !!!!!

Who is Gus Johnson ?

C'mon, man! Chick Hearn was the voice of the Lakers for 60 years! You are thinking of Johny Most. And I think he ended that call with "DJ lays it in", not "it's good". He was awesome. Another favorite is the Pittsburgh Steelers football announcer. His name escapes me at the moment.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who is Gus Johnson ?

C'mon, man! Chick Hearn was the voice of the Lakers for 60 years! You are thinking of Johny Most. And I think he ended that call with "DJ lays it in", not "it's good". He was awesome. Another favorite is the Pittsburgh Steelers football announcer. His name escapes me at the moment.

Myron Cope. He is an idiot. I can't stand his voice. Bad bad bad college memories of their 1995 SB run.