• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is anyone else afraid that Tyronn Lue will hurt..

pimp

Quote:

The guys on TNT were saying that Damon Jones wanted a trade, a Lue for Jones swap would work and would give us someone to come in and hit three.

Think Damon could help?

Their essentialy the same type of player but with opposite attitudes. Jones may even be more of a chucker then Lue and I think he has more years on his contract then what we want. Plus Lue is a great locker room influence where D. Jones is known as a whiner if he does not get playing time.

Keep Lue since his contract is off the books after this year unless we can get some real value.......

Now if we could package Lue and ZaZa for Jack or Lue and ZaZa for a center I am all over it (but I don't see Nate McMilian trading away his only defensive minded PG). The Blazers are so hot right now any trade with them is basically a pipe dream. Smush Parker is definately availabe if we need guard depth but his legal problems quickly cancel that out.

I just don't see the need for a lateral move where we trade a player who's contracts is about to come off the books (Lue) for another role player with more years left on his contract like D. Jones. Especially considering we need to resign Smoove and Chills this year and Marvin the next.

Quote:

Absolutely no to Damon Jones. I'm not a huge Lue fan but Damon is way overpaid and can't even bring the ball down the court and protect it without lifting his leg up like a peeing dog!

LMAO at the Damon Jones peeing dog. He finally stopped that because his teammates said he was looking stupid and embarrassing them.

Damon just sucks. He plays zero defense. None. And the one thing he was signed to do was shoot the 3 and he isn't even that good doing that...

Damon really is on his last NBA contract. The dude can't play.

T-Lue normally wouldnt see any time at all but...this is Woody we are talking about. Woody is liable to do anything.

The Closer will definitely play. He'll take about 5 minutes away from AJ, and maybe 5 minutes from Acie at the PG spot.

And you'll definitely see the Law - Lue or the AJ - Lue backcourt.

Lue will play the point, and also serve as the offensive alternative at the 2 when JJ takes a breather.

It's just that now, we don't have to leave him in if he's not shooting well. Don't forget guys, he was pretty big in the first Dallas game.

• Moderators

All players look better on good teams and this team is playing a lot different than when Lue went down. Someone wondered the same thing about Chill coming back but his presence only kicked us up a notch. Imagine us now with a guy who can protect the ball and nail 3s.

A lot of Lue's pounding of the ball was caused by no one moving on offense. That is much improved.

• Premium Member

Jones has a ridiculous salary.

However, you're right, we need a three point shooter. If just somebody who can log 16 mpg. I just wouldn't spend that on Jones.

Where were we when Jason Kapano was available... That's the guy I would love to have. Unfortunately, Toronto ain't giving him up!

So true, we need a vet to come off of the bench that can hit the open three. It is really going to become a bigger need with Al developing his post game, it is beginning to come along, so there will be a bunch of open jumpers to go around. A vet shooter that can stay healthy would help this team become very good.

Quote:

Quote:

Lue is that other 3pt shooter

That is what i was saying, he is the best we have right now. He is a career 38.6% shooter from 3.

He needs to be on a short leash though. When he isn't hitting his shots there is no reason for him to be on the floor.

His percentage doesn't really matter, though. He gets most of his 3's because of his pounding, either directly or indirectly. That does nothing but harm us. I wouldn't play him at all. I'm almost to the point where I would want us to give up Lue and Zaza just for picks.