• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Fix was in....

Diesel

• Premium Member

IF you were watching the Dallas Broadcast, they showed Avery Johnson talking about his tactic for this game. He said:

" teams that play physical defense, drive physically, not cry about fouls and give hard fouls are usually rewarded.".

Now, I know that our team seems to wilt against Physical play... however, the refs missed a lot of calls our way today. In a few cases on the Dallas Broadcast, they'd show a bench shot and Avery Johnson looked like he was laughing.

I think the Refs had Dallas t-shirts underneath their uniforms.

• Premium Member

JT had a similar push off on Chillz.

I think the worse call of the night was a call on Marvin fouling Dirk??

Dirk did his patented fade away... Foul called.

Replay.

Marvin didn't even touch him and wasn't even close?

If I ever thought that there was a case of the game being fixed... I think that was clearly it.

Considering the officiating and else, I'm more encouraged than bummed.

As a West Conference foe, they merely served court. If this was an East foe, Two techs would have been neccessary.

I loved the taps Shelden gave to Dampier. Shelden was in his grill to the point refs got between them. That bodes well for us along the way.

I really liked the shove Zaza gave Stackhouse. I wish Zaza had not offered to help him up though. If Zaza somehow had the demeanor of Shelden, we would be fine.

Hawks gotta get tough. viking.gif

Quote:

I think the Zaza shove was totally accidental. When I watched that play, I thought Zaza was going to try to flop and his hands got in the way.

You're probably right. Being Stackhouse is so very physical (borderline underhanded at times), it was justified to see him reeling on his butt. Dallas was pushing and shoving all game with little conscequence. Shelden shoved back. I do not advocate causing injury ut this is a Man's league. Physical happens. Zaza caused concern last summer on his Georgia team with (his) "new" physical play. I hoped it would carry over into the season. It is needed.