• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What a shame that we can't trade rosters with Porl

Plainview1981

Quote:

I am nowhere near Disneyland. You are, however, a pessimistic idiot.

WRONG. You don't like at things how they are. Yes, the Hawks will probably squeeze into the 6th-8th playoff spot, but when you look at the rest of the east, you got to realize what that really means. It's an accomplishment, but when you look at how fast Porland is rebuilding and it appears Seattle will rebuild pretty quick, you can't be overly impressed.

Oh, and the Lakers are already a top 4 team again. But the again, when you compare the two franchises that's not really that hard to believe.

The team still needs a PG, some Big Men, a Real Coach amd Good Ownership becore these guys can really become a GOOD team.

Your statement is just ignorant, dude. Sure, we had to rebuild slowly because we had ownership issues. But to say their future is certainly brighter than ours is a huge stretch. Hey, they did luck out and get Oden and have an owner who will pay over the cap. Still, we have done a great job building talent even if it hasnt been overnight. We'll get our shot at Portland later in the year - your gonna get to watch us beat them. You are still a prick for immediately ignorantly stereotyping me as a "Disney" fan. I am as cynical as they come, brah. And, I am wasting my time but let's break it down.

JJ > Roy

Horford/Oden - Advantage Oden but he realistically could have his career demolished by injuries considering his bone structure. And, Big Al aint too shabby.

Smoove > Aldridge

Acie > any PG they can throw at us, but they do have a better ensemble, sure.

Childress = Outlaw, at the very least

Marvin>>>James Jones. BY A LONGSHOT.

So, would I trade rosters? Um, actually, no.

Ownership groups? Sure.

JJ > Roy"

Nope. At only 23 Roy is now starting to outproduce JJ already.

"Horford/Oden - Advantage Oden but he realistically could have his career demolished by injuries considering his bone structure. And, Big Al aint too shabby."

AL COULD also be a role player for the rest of his career.

"

Acie > any PG they can throw at us, but they do have a better ensemble, sure."

Both Jack and Blake are better than Acie right now. This team don't even have a PG and AC still ain't the starter.

Portland is younger than Atlanta and are a WAY better team than the Hawks are right now. There is no reason to believe Atlanta will catchup to them.

I'd actually be shocked if non Hawk/Blazers fans liked the Hawks roster more. That would be a surprise.

Quote:

JJ > Roy"

Nope. At only 23 Roy is now starting to outproduce JJ already.

"Horford/Oden - Advantage Oden but he realistically could have his career demolished by injuries considering his bone structure. And, Big Al aint too shabby."

AL COULD also be a role player for the rest of his career.

"

Acie > any PG they can throw at us, but they do have a better ensemble, sure."

Both Jack and Blake are better than Acie right now. This team don't even have a PG and AC still ain't the starter.

Portland is younger than Atlanta and are a WAY better team than the Hawks are right now. There is no reason to believe Atlanta will catchup to them.

I'd actually be shocked if non Hawk/Blazers fans liked the Hawks roster more. That would be a surprise.

Guess you just decided to ignore Smoove, Marvin, and Chill, huh? Didnt really help your argument huh?

Why dont you leave us alone, become a Blazers fan, and spend time dissing them when they are your team? Do us a favor, man. You are seriously a self-loather if you want to argue that Roy is better than JJ. JJ's skills are on a completely different level. He also plays 41.4 min per game, which is more than any other player in the top 50 in scoring. It might even be more than anyone else in the league. That, um, might mean something. Acie is the only argument you have, but in a year, he will be better than any PG on their roster. Fact.

Go eat a bag of [censored] and shut the [censored] up!

Trade rosters with Portland? Hot, lay off the booze, drugs, or combo of the two. First, without Oden we have the better roster. Period. They have some nice pieces but the Hawks also have some great young assets.

First, what you need to understand is that PTL is on a huge roll and that is about to end. It's almost midnight and PTL is about to turn into a pumpkin. PTL will likely not make the playoffs because they really aren't that good. With Oden who knows? But their roster right now is worse than what we have and a blind man can see it.

Now, if we bring coaches into the equation you have a big difference. Nate McMillan runs rings around Mike Woodson. If our roster had the benefit of Nate McMillan?

The only advantage PTL has on the Hawks is their coach. And thats big. But their roster is certainly not better than ours without Oden.

Hot, for the life of me I can't figure out why you spend so much time posting on a site for a team that you hate. And you aren't all that astute when it comes to your "analysis" either. If you think Horford is a role player or may be one in the future, then you just formed a club of one...in the country. Take off your sh!t filled glasses just once. Your negativity is just a drain, and so are your opinions.

Quote:

Trade rosters with Portland? Hot, lay off the booze, drugs, or combo of the two. First, without Oden we have the better roster. Period. They have some nice pieces but the Hawks also have some great young assets.

If the Hawks had a better roster Portland wouldn't be a better team in a tougher conference. Oh yeah, I forgot... Woody takes the blame for every single failure the Hawks have. They would be elite if he wasn't the coach.

Quote:

But their roster right now is worse than what we have and a blind man can see it.

No, that's just what some of the people on this board think.

First, what you need to understand is that PTL is on a huge roll and that is about to end. It's almost midnight and PTL is about to turn into a pumpkin. PTL will likely not make the playoffs because they really aren't that good. With Oden who knows? But their roster right now is worse than what we have and a blind man can see it.

Now, if we bring coaches into the equation you have a big difference. Nate McMillan runs rings around Mike Woodson. If our roster had the benefit of Nate McMillan?

"The only advantage PTL has on the Hawks is their coach. And thats big. But their roster is certainly not better than ours without Oden."

Sorry, Roy will be better than JJ. He's way younger and has already started to outproduce him. We already know the Hawks don't have a decent PG so no need to go after that again. LA will probably be better than Smoove who can't do anything on a consistent basis other than block shots. Most nights he shoots really poorly and turns the ball over.

Holford is averging 9/9 right now. Which are role player numbers. Just as we don't know how Oden will turn out... We don't know that Holford will improve a lot. Which was my point.

Guess you just decided to ignore Smoove, Marvin, and Chill, huh? Didnt really help your argument huh?"

Josh has nice stats, but the truth is that he doesn't do anything well night in and night out other than block shots. His PPG are a bit bloated due to the high number of shots he takes. 17.3PPG on 41% shooting.

Marvin is a better scorer than Webster so I'll give you that.

Yes, I know Portland isn't going to continue to play as well as they have been playing. However, they're still better than the Hawks in a tougher conference and without their biggest prospect. Oh, and they've developed quicker than the Hawks have.

No, I don't hate the team. They're going to make the playoffs and win probably 43 games which is an accomplishment. However, it is what it is.

Besides, it's not all about one on one talent. It's about how the team is put together. Portland is surely a better put together team than Atlanta. That's why I noted that Portland knows how to put a team together more than Billy Knight.

Why is this coming as a surprise? People have often talked about Billy's inability to put a "team" together.

or Boston. Great topic - let's discuss how our record would be different if we were another team - or even better at another time - like the 86 Lakers.

What if we were the 86 Lakers?? Could you imagine how awesome it would be to see Magic in a Hawks uniform down at Phillips with Worthy and Kareem? That team would certainly have beaten the Mavs yesterday.

Billy Knight is an idiot.

Quote:

or Boston. Great topic - let's discuss how our record would be different if we were another team - or even better at another time - like the 86 Lakers.

What if we were the 86 Lakers?? Could you imagine how awesome it would be to see Magic in a Hawks uniform down at Phillips with Worthy and Kareem? That team would certainly have beaten the Mavs yesterday.

Billy Knight is an idiot.

I love your attempt at sarcasm, but it misfired.

It is an attempt at sacrasm but the premise is still the same. We have just as much probability and substance for a discussion as the 86 Lakers than the 2007 Trailblazers.

Billy Knight has made numerous mistakes and Pritchard has made some genius moves. However - if we travelled in a time machine and switched them both we wouldn't have their roster and they wouldn't have ours.

Ping Pon balls, ownership, roster, free agency, wins, draft position would predicate the face of the team. Now if you want to put together the "what if" Hawks, where we draft Howard, Deng, Paul, Roy, JJ signs without a sign and trade - then that is what our roster would look like - not Portland's. But that is a pretty played out topic anyway.

How is that for taking sarcasm out of the discussion?

Quote:

It is an attempt at sacrasm but the premise is still the same. We have just as much probability and substance for a discussion as the 86 Lakers than the 2007 Trailblazers.

Billy Knight has made numerous mistakes and Pritchard has made some genius moves. However - if we travelled in a time machine and switched them both we wouldn't have their roster and they wouldn't have ours.

Ping Pon balls, ownership, roster, free agency, wins, draft position would predicate the face of the team. Now if you want to put together the "what if" Hawks, where we draft Howard, Deng, Paul, Roy, JJ signs without a sign and trade - then that is what our roster would look like - not Portland's. But that is a pretty played out topic anyway.

How is that for taking sarcasm out of the discussion?

Franchise. That's a huge part of it. When LA took Bynum that make be suspect right away he would be a good player. When the Hawks draft a guy it leaves me with a lot of doubts.

What is a misfired attempt at sarcasm? I'd love to hear some good examples of that.

I like p4p's point. The players that we could have had include: Deng, Al Jefferson, Bynum, CP3, Deron Williams, Roy, Josh Howard, and Monta Ellis. The problem is if we got any of those guys it would change who else is on our roster. For example if we drafted Roy we might not have Horford.

The guy I think we really missed out on was Dwight Howard. I think we should have made whatever offer it took to get him. That year we had JT, #6, and #17 which may have been enough. If that was not enough offer a future first or two. So what if you have a roster of Dwight Howard, second tier free agents, and 2nd round draft picks for a couple years. Actually, if we protected our future firsts we could have drafted Paul or Deron the following year. Then signed a top free agent, and you have a contender for the next ten years.

Orlando was not crazy about Dwight Howard, and we should have made a better offer for him.

Quote:

What is a misfired attempt at sarcasm? I'd love to hear some good examples of that.

I like p4p's point. The players that we could have had include: Deng, Al Jefferson, Bynum, CP3, Deron Williams, Roy, Josh Howard, and Monta Ellis. The problem is if we got any of those guys it would change who else is on our roster. For example if we drafted Roy we might not have Horford.

The guy I think we really missed out on was Dwight Howard. I think we should have made whatever offer it took to get him. That year we had JT, #6, and #17 which may have been enough. If that was not enough offer a future first or two. So what if you have a roster of Dwight Howard, second tier free agents, and 2nd round draft picks for a couple years. Actually, if we protected our future firsts we could have drafted Paul or Deron the following year. Then signed a top free agent, and you have a contender for the next ten years.

Orlando was not crazy about Dwight Howard, and we should have made a better offer for him.

It was my way of saying that it didn't humor me all that much. grin.gif