• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sothron redux: Atlanta...standing offer for Gasol

MemphisX

• Admin

that's funny because the only people I've heard (outside this forum) who say that are people who only see his getting-rare dunks and his blocks and nothing else. People who follow the game and know what's going on seem to agree that Marvin is our 2nd most consistent player and probably tied with Josh for overall 2nd best impact.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Vol,

Where abouts in southeast Mo? I went to SEMO.

I agree with your input. We need a big but he's not the kind that would fit.

Southeast MO? I said I'm from Eastern Tennessee. SEMO has had some good BB programs though.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marvin (while he's a consistent shooter) doesn't have the same impact on a game as Smoove.

I guess you were referring to this statement.

I readily admit that Marvin is more consistent shooter. However, Smoove's impact is not offensive. It's on defense and in particular defensive transition. When teams are in transition, it's not a done deal that they will score on us if Smoove is on the floor.

Marv is a consistent shooter. What else does he bring? Where's the Impact?

IF Marv gets injury (Lord forbid) and he's replaced with Chillz... I'm guess it will be very little difference.

If the same thing happened to Smoove and he's replaced with Chillz.... I think we probably go on a losing streak.

Quote:

Quote:

I disagree D.

Marvin is showing a sustained development curve. Smith has been up and down. Marvin has an increadibly consistant jumper. Smith's jumper is not great. Marvin has better handles than Smith. Marvin's decission making, IMO, is bettrer than Josh's.

Josh is a better weakside defender and shot blocker. Both guys are bad at blocking out on the block; however, I've noticed that Marvin is working on getting better at it. Smith is definately a better rebounder, but he is still inconsistant. Smith, without a doubt is more athletic, but that atheleticism has not produced a consistant, dominant player (yet). Again, I am not for trading Smith, but it if it was between the two for Gasol, then I choose Marvin.

My point is that Marvin is a much better blend with Gasol and Horford than Smith. If we kept Smith there would be even less outside shooting than there is now. Gasol and Horford need the floor open so they can score in the low post. Marvin's jump shot keeps the floor open. Smith doesn't spread the floor at all. Its all about getting complementary players. Marvin, Horford and Gasol is a more complete skill set than Smith, Horford and Gasol.

The way I look at it, Gasol would bring in many of the same traits that we would lose in Marvin.... with of course a big boy post game to add. However, defensively, I think Smoove's defense and Gasol/Horf's interior defense would be stellar!! I have yet to figure out what Memphis would want other than Cap space, but I figure getting a guy like Smoove is any team's pleasure. However, we still are a different team without Smoove. He really helps our defense..especially in transition. Yesterday around the 5 block mark, you could see how he was keeping us in the game. Marvin (while he's a consistent shooter) doesn't have the same impact on a game as Smoove.

All I know is that there is a reason that Smoove is on the All star ballot and Marvin ain't

Quote:

Marvin prolly won't be on there next year either.

Smoove is definitely an impact player that gets the attention on the decision makers in the NBA. Marvin gets an "In other news"...

Actually only an imbecile believes his name won't be there next year. ZaZa is there but Marvin wont be there? Man, the stupidity gets thicker here every day.

From RealGM board:

Minny turns into a VERY nice young team, Philly unloads and starts over, Atlanta gets stronger to compete in the playoffs this year...

Successful Trade Scenario

Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Minnesota, Philadelphia, and Atlanta being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Minnesota, Philadelphia, and Atlanta had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID

Trade ID #4377476

Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.

Minnesota Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: -6.7 ppg, +5.3 rpg, and +0.5 apg.

Incoming Players

Andre Iguodala

6-6 SG / SF from Arizona

18.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 4.8 apg in 39.6 minutes

Samuel Dalembert

6-11 C from Seton Hall

11.1 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 0.6 apg in 32.5 minutes

Lorenzen Wright

6-11 C from Memphis

1.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 13.4 minutes

Speedy Claxton

5-11 PG from Hofstra

No games yet played in 2007/08

Outgoing Players

Gerald Green

6-8 SF / SG from Gulf Shores Academy (HS)

4.8 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 11.7 minutes

Rashad McCants

6-4 SG from North Carolina

14.5 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.0 apg in 27.4 minutes

Antoine Walker

6-9 PF from Kentucky

10.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21.6 minutes

Theo Ratliff

6-10 C from Wyoming

8.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.8 apg in 26.8 minutes

Future 1st Rounder (Protected)

Philadelphia Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: -9.5 ppg, -11.1 rpg, and -6.9 apg.

Incoming Players

Gerald Green

6-8 SF / SG from Gulf Shores Academy (HS)

4.8 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 11.7 minutes

Rashad McCants

6-4 SG from North Carolina

14.5 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.0 apg in 27.4 minutes

Antoine Walker

6-9 PF from Kentucky

10.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21.6 minutes

Theo Ratliff

6-10 C from Wyoming

8.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.8 apg in 26.8 minutes

Shelden Williams

6-9 PF from Duke

3.5 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.5 minutes

Future Minny 1st Rounder (Protected)

Outgoing Players

Andre Iguodala

6-6 SG / SF from Arizona

18.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 4.8 apg in 39.6 minutes

Reggie Evans

6-8 PF from Iowa

5.4 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 0.9 apg in 25.9 minutes

Andre Miller

6-2 PG from Utah

16.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 6.3 apg in 36.1 minutes

Samuel Dalembert

6-11 C from Seton Hall

11.1 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 0.6 apg in 32.5 minutes

Atlanta Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: +16.2 ppg, +5.8 rpg, and +6.4 apg.

Incoming Players

Reggie Evans

6-8 PF from Iowa

5.4 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 0.9 apg in 25.9 minutes

Andre Miller

6-2 PG from Utah

16.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 6.3 apg in 36.1 minutes

Outgoing Players

Shelden Williams

6-9 PF from Duke

3.5 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.5 minutes

Lorenzen Wright

6-11 C from Memphis

1.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 13.4 minutes

Speedy Claxton

5-11 PG from Hofstra

No games yet played in 2007/08

TWolves:

C: Dalembert/Madsen

PF: Jefferson/Smith

SF: Brewer/Gomes

SG: Iguodala/Jaric

PG: Foye/Claxton

*** Minny becomes a scary young team with this squad plus their lotto pick that they'll have this year. VERY bright future in Minnesota with this team.

Sixers:

C: Smith/Ratliff

PF: S.Williams/Walker

SF: G.Green/Young

SG: McCants/Carney

PG: L.Williams/Green

*** Sixers cut almost all of their payroll, pick up a few nice young pieces, Ratliff's huge expiring and a future Minny 1st.

Hawks:

C: Zaza

PF: Horford/Evans

SF: Smith/Williams

SG: Johnson/Childress

PG: Miller/Law

*** As shocking as it sounds the Hawks have the #4 seed in the East right now and picking up Miller and Evans veteran presence will help them stay in the playoff hunt.

Quote:

..That's the deal someone suggested in the comments in that link that MemphisX provided. But get this . . .they said Zaza, Chill, Lue, Shelden, and Wright, for Gasol, Lowry and Navarro.

That's an interesting deal on the Memphis end because they'd take on guys whose contracts expire either this year or next year. They definitely wouldn't re-sign Zaza after the 09 season. And they'd definitey let Lue and Wright fall off the books. So the only real decisions they'd have to make, are with Chill in the summer of 2008 and Shelden in 2009. They could either keep one or both of them, or not match any offer sheet for them...quote]

I'd go for that deal in a heartbeat...I think it would be a second choice deal for Memphis, but it might work. We would keep our primary assetts and get Gasol.

P.S. - any Hawks lineup that starts with "C-Zaza" is a problem...a BIG problem.