• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tinsley to miss game against Hawks on Friday...

flava

Report: Hamstring injury to sideline Pacers' Tinsley at least a week

ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 30, 2007, 1:22 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

In the middle of one of the best seasons in his NBA career, Indiana guard Jamaal Tinsley will miss at least a week of action due to a left hamstring injury, according to a published report.

Tinsley

"Unfortunately, I have allowed him to play at less than his best over the last five games," Pacers coach Jim O'Brien told the Indianapolis Star. "To his credit, he wants to play, will play injured, but it's really hampering his ability to play at his best. ... If it takes seven-to-10 days to get that right, that's what we'll do."

Tinsley initially suffered the injury against the Miami Heat on Dec. 15. He missed a Dec. 19 game against Philadelphia but has played the last four contests.

Earlier this season Tinsley was involved in an early-morning shooting at a hotel in downtown Indianapolis that left Pacers equipment manager Joey Qatato with gunshot wounds to both elbows.

For the season, Tinsley is averaging 13.8 points and 8.7 assists, a career high.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Quote:

..Earlier this season Tinsley was involved in an early-morning shooting at a hotel in downtown Indianapolis that left Pacers equipment manager Joey Qatato with gunshot wounds to both elbows...

Sounds like there is more to this story than what is being published.

...and really...how do you get shot in both elbows? I've been shot before, but not in the elbow(?). Who would aim for the elbows detective.gif?

P.S. - not to come across like a gunfighter or anything...I was shot in the back by a hunting partner - he didn't aim or do it intentionally...luckily he missed my spinal cord and the important organs thumb3d.gif

Indiana has been really impressive with what I thought was the worst talent in the East. Think about it - Dunleavy and Murphy are pretty much horrible and O'Neal is 1/4 of the player he once was. No body would have given a second round pick for Tinsley this off season either.

That is what a good coach can do for your franchise - accentuate your strengths and cover up your wearknesses.

O'Brian has Tinsley backing down the opposing point guard where Dunleavy, Murphy, and Granger are just waiting around the arc. None of these guys can move but they can all shoot the hell out of the ball. Whichever one of their men leaves them to double Tinsley gets rewarded with a wide open J.

If that doesn't work - swing the ball to the other side and try it again with O'Neal. It works when you hit the shots - but you can't hide the lack of athleticism that well on the defensive end.

Quote:

Quote:

..Earlier this season Tinsley was involved in an early-morning shooting at a hotel in downtown Indianapolis that left Pacers equipment manager Joey Qatato with gunshot wounds to both elbows...

Sounds like there is more to this story than what is being published.

...and really...how do you get shot in both elbows? I've been shot before, but not in the elbow(?). Who would aim for the elbows detective.gif?

P.S. - not to come across like a gunfighter or anything...I was shot in the back by a hunting partner - he didn't aim or do it intentionally...luckily he missed my spinal cord and the important organs thumb3d.gif

How old were you when this happened? Back in J.C.?