• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Would you trade for...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Brad Miller??

In looking at our roster. One possibility is that we trade for Brad Miller. This is in response to DJ who asked about moving Zaza. I think SacTown would.

Here's why.

SacTown has a roster that's in turnover. I think it's possible for them to move Artest and Bibby so that they can grow their young team of Martin and Garcia. The trade would be:

Check out this trade.

If they went through with a trade of Bibby and Artest for Capspace and draft picks

Quote:

There's still talk that the Miami Heat is trying to use the expiring contracts of Jason Williams and Ricky Davis to put together a deal for Sacramento Kings Mike Bibby and Ron Artest.

I think they'd put themselves in a position to do some great moves...

In fact, I think they should push for Kenny Thomas for Udonnis Haslem in the same deal...

They would move Brad Miller because they pick up Lue & Lo's 7 Million dollars worth of salary cap space.

What Miller would bring is definite size. Good fundamentals and toughness... even to a point of being almost dirty. I watched a little of Boston-SacTown a few days ago... While this was a blowout game for the most part, Miller played tough against Garnett... Every play seemed physical because Miller got in there and was Physical.

I can imagine:

Miller, Horf in the front court... we would be able to play physically with anybody!!!

I really haven't seen much of Miller lately. I really liked him when he was with the Pacers and those early years with the Kings. He wouldn't be a bad addition if he still plays the way he used to. I agree that Sac needs to blow up and start over, so a move of Miller for cap or A prospect is certainly in the cards. Chicago could also be in the mix.

• Premium Member

Sactown is in rebuild mode... Miller is a contract that they'd like to get rid of. He's getting 10, 11, and 12 million this year, next year, and 2 years from now. Right now, he's like a 12/9 player (like he has always been).. He came off of injury and has been playing well...

Last 10 games, he's (15.9, 9.3, and shooting just over 50%)

If we can get him by giving up Zaza, Lue, and Lo... I think it's a good deal for both teams!

• Premium Member

I don't think we have a problem resigning our talent... Especially if we retire Claxton.

Remember, we're trading 4 Million in the process so it's costing us 6, 7, and 8 million

But more than just looking at the money, look at the impact.

A real Center. Who can still get us 12-15 ppg 9 rpg... It also gives us a lot of leverage with Smoove.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think he's better than Zaza... and allows Horf to play PF which is his natural position.

Zaza doesn't start at center. Horford does! And even when Zaza or any other center comes into the game it is to replace Horford not to play along side of him.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I think he's better than Zaza... and allows Horf to play PF which is his natural position.

Zaza doesn't start at center. Horford does! And even when Zaza or any other center comes into the game it is to replace Horford not to play along side of him.

Sorry, but I would like to see Horf playing his natural position of PF. For that to happen, we would have to have a better Center. I think BMiller is that. Not to say that Horf shouldn't play Center, but I don't like the wear and tear that banging with guys who are 40-50 lbs heavier than Horf has on Horf. You may choose to disagree... However, he goes from JO to Dampiere to Big Z to JO to Boone... That's a lot of Physical Banging.

I'd rather to after Raef LaFrentz. His contract expires a year earlier than Miller and I think he is a slightly better shot-blocker. He would provide value for the next season and a half and his expiring deal next season could really come in handy. Could he be had for Shelden and expiring deals?

• Premium Member

I don't have a problem with Raef... I just think that Miller is a better player... offensive and defensive. Moreover, I like Miller's Physicalness.

Raef would prolly run the court better and his contract is better but player wise... Miller is a better player and could really contribute.

The reason why this is a bad deal, is because Miller might be a solid contributor for only the rest of this year. By next year or 2009, it's no telling how bad of a player he'd be. Brad would be our version of Ben Wallace with his rapidly declining play and huge contract.

Better yet, he might be the 21st century version of Jon Koncac.

On our team, Brad wouldn't get the offensive opportunites here that he's getting in Sac-Town.

If he were 4 years younger and made 20 million over the next 3 years, then maybe.

Honestly, this is the type of deal that a team that was just a role playing center away from competing for a title, would make. A young team looking to just make the playoffs, without any other major expectations this year, probably shouldn't make this move.

• Premium Member

Honestly Centers who can really contribute don't grow on trees and usually people don't just walk up and give you one. We're not getting one in the offseason. We can get into the Diop sweepstakes but he's only good on one side of the floor and I doubt we get him wihtout paying the piper more than he's really worth. I say a franchise depleting move would be if he had 3 more years left on his deal. However, with 2 more years left on his deal, I feel more comfortable with him than I would holding Zaza and Lo!

• Premium Member

When I look at Miller, I see the Physical play in the front court that our team lacks.

Again, we can ask about Pryz... or Diop but I doubt we hear back about them and I don't think that they can make the impression that Miller can on both sides of the court..

• Premium Member

That's just what I was saying though. Just like Diop, Miller is only good on one side of the floor. He's obviously better on offense than Zaza, but he's just as bad defensively as Zaza. He's making to much money for what he currently brings. I like Miller but it's not a risk worth taking IMO, unless we give them Speedy in return, and even then it's questionable.

• Premium Member

It may be that GS would take on Speedy's contract (if they beleive it can be Medically ex'd.

Let see, that would be Speedy/Zaza for B. Miller.

I love it.

If you think about it, it's kinda a wash. We lose a little more than a million on the second year.