• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

That "dead-eye" perimeter shooter the Hawks need.

mrhonline

Quote:

Quote:

D, in regard to mighty mouse, we don't need another undersized guard. The problem the team has right now is that Lue and Salim are the same player in most regards. One of them needs to be replaced with a guy that can defend larger players. For me Calderon is the perfect answer, but the Raptors aren't trading him at this point in time.

Another guy that is possibly out there is Brent Berry. He's older but has played on a winning team. The guy can play both guard spots. His defense is not very good however.

The difference between those two and Mighty Mouse is that MM is actually able to run an offense. Salim who has a 1:1 A/TO ratio is a very bad choice to be a PG. Lue who does not make good ball handling decisions is not a good choice either. DS is a good cheap alternative in my eyes. He doesn't have to monopolize the more than 22 mpg and that allows Acie to get some burn. The other thing is that DS is better than AJ in that DS is actually uptempo.

As far as defense. Do you really think AJ is that good of a defender??

I agree that when he was young DS was an adequate defender, but nothing special. Now he's an undersized pg, who can get hot. The trade that needs to be made involves moving either one of Lue or Salim for a bigger guard. As I said Calderon is perfect, but we aren't getting him.

Pietrus is very interesting. The kid needs PT to be effective. He'll never be aswsome, but he can be effective, esp. when JJ goes out, or when Marvin goes out. Right now the Hawks don't have that bench guy that can come in and create his own shot, ala the Microwave, Ehlo, van Exel, or even Kukoc in his early years. I think that Pietrus could be that sort of player for the Hawks. The advantage of Pietrus is that he really is a good defender.

The other guy that might be worth taking a flyer on is Sefalosha. He's sort of burried on the Bulls bench, but he was supposed to be another one of those Euro guards who can do a little of everything. Not sure what, if anything, the Bulls would want for him.

Oh, in regards to AJ. No, he's no longer even an adequate defensive PG. His worth is on the offensive side where does a great job of keeping guys moving without the ball. Since the Hawks are not very good on the offensive side, AJ earns his check in my book.

• Premium Member

Why do you keep calling these SG/Sf types??

I mean, I like Calderon but we'll never get him.

Still... Pietrus is a Sg/Sf and not really a good playmaker.

at that rate, let Chillz be the PG... Him and JJ can alternate who runs the offense each time up the floor.

Seriously...

I had a nice list previously. Heck.. Jason Terry is even better as far as running offense... but Cheap money like Damon Stoudamire and Steve Blake.

Quote:

Anthony Parker

Kyle Korver

Morris Peterson

Jason Kapono

Personally, I think Josh Childress -for- Anthony Parker makes the most sense.

Good call. If we could get Anthony Parker... I'd do that in a second. He'd fit perfect here as a backup sg/sf (playing 35 minutes a night like Chill). The problem is, I think Toronto really likes the guy and would be remiss to trade him.

Mo Pete would be a great option too.

Kapono and Korver are more mehh to me. Parker and Mo Pete are better all-around players and defenders. Either one would be great for this team.

Quote:

Why do you keep calling these SG/Sf types??

I mean, I like Calderon but we'll never get him.

Still... Pietrus is a Sg/Sf and not really a good playmaker.

at that rate, let Chillz be the PG... Him and JJ can alternate who runs the offense each time up the floor.

Seriously...

I had a nice list previously. Heck.. Jason Terry is even better as far as running offense... but Cheap money like Damon Stoudamire and Steve Blake.

I think we are thinking about different needs. I see the need for a guy who can create his own shot. You seem to be looking for another PG. Both are legitimate needs. It would be great to fill the need with a single player, but I don't see that guy out there. For me, the long-athletic shooter is the biggest need. But a quick, defensive point is also worth looking at. So, its just a matter of talking past one another.

Quote:

To me a shooter is secondary. I center like Diop should be the first priority.

Couldn't agree more. We need a traditional center in the rotation, even if we aren't going to get a star obviously.

I would also like to see us run Joe Johnson behind screens like Rip Hamilton and get him wide open shots. They will start to fall again sooner or later.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Under normal circumstances, trading Childress alone gives you the following options for wings who have averaged at least 35% on 3's over the previous two seasons:

Kyle Korver

Anthony Parker

Mickael Pietrus*

Rasual Butler*

James Posey

Michael Finley*

Matt Barnes*

James Jones*

Damien Wilkins*

And for guards:

Steve Blake*

Damon Jones

Chris Duhon

Charlie Bell

*Indicates WC team

Good Lord. There's no way I'd trade Chill for any of those guys, just to add a guy that may hit one or two 3's a game. Give me the versatlity of Chill, over any of those guys.

ugh @ that list !!!

I agree 110%. Does he even have a neuron firing to trade Childress for one of those bums??? bannana_guitar.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

I agree 110%. Does he even have a neuron firing to trade Childress for one of those bums???
bannana_guitar.gif

You'd think some of you haven't ever read one of my posts before.

Let me explain how this works: I post possibilities that are actually realistic within CBA trading requirements, adn then you comment.

The only player I've commented on extensively is Anthony Parker, a player called the "best player in Europe" before he came back to the States, and often compared to Shane Battier.

But you're right, I'm clueless.