• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Are we using Salim right??

Wurider05

• Premium Member

Yeah he's mainly a shooter in the NBA. He can slash and has a good pullup jumper though. He's also improved his defense. The only problem is that he doesn't get consistent PT, and when he only plays once in five games, there is alot of pressure to produce, which is why he hasn't shot the ball extremely well IMO. Because he knows if he doesn't hit shots, than he won't play for the next five games. If he got consistent PT I have no doubt that he oculd fill our 3pt void.

• Premium Member

True, but I don't mean play him 20+ minutes per game. I'd just like to see him get some consistency in PT, like 10-15 a game. I seriously think he's going to turn into a very good role player if he leaves the Hawks.

I'm a pretty big Salim fan and have been since we drafted him. But dude can't seem to stay healthy. I agree that he needs to "dominate" the ball for those 12-15 minutes that he should get nightly. That doesn't mean he is shooting every time down the floor, but he should be the guy who controls the ball when he's in the game. But I'm guessing his recent issues staying healthy have hurt him this season. He'll undoubtedly head to another team and will become an effective force off the bench for a playoff team.

Quote:

I'm a pretty big Salim fan and have been since we drafted him. But dude can't seem to stay healthy. I agree that he needs to "dominate" the ball for those 12-15 minutes that he should get nightly. That doesn't mean he is shooting every time down the floor, but he should be the guy who controls the ball when he's in the game. But I'm guessing his recent issues staying healthy have hurt him this season. He'll undoubtedly head to another team and will become an effective force off the bench for a playoff team.

I think that Woody used injured reserve as a tool to divvy up playing time. Notice how many players will have "mystery" injuries once they are out of the 8 man rotation. I totally expect to see Zaza in street clothes and Lo Wright in uniform since we have to play Big Z tonite.