• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

When will I get the Hawks broadcast??

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm tired of being the road broadcast reciever.

Snide comments like it's a case of a great player vs. a very good player.

OH Lord.

Giveme some Smitty and Rathburn!!

Hell, I'd even take a little Grant Long...

Give me some Mark Price and Bob Neal.

Hell get me Durham and Archer.

worthless.gif

I thought their announcers were pretty complimentary actually.

I don't know how many times that one guy said "this hawks team is different, they aren't going away". He also commented several times about the Hawks now looking to make the extra pass.

• Premium Member

He made some nice comments about how our team are not the same old Hawks that they were used to seeing...

However, after Lebron gets started in the Second Half...

I saw Homer Simpson homersimpson.gifhomersimpson.gifhomersimpson.gif Show up all over the place. Especially on those big shots.

Then when JJ hit his big threes... (Silence).

• Premium Member

Better than Melo? You sure? Easily??

You got to explain that.

Clck MELLO

What I see is that James is more needed on his team. That shows up very well on the stats.. However, as far as being able to carry... James just started carrying last year. Mello has been a carry/finish guy this whole time.

Quote:

Well, that's because Ehlo was a player.

However, Lebron is not better than Kobe and I have doubts that he's better than Mello or Tmac?

I don't think I'd claim he's better than Kobe, but I have no doubt he's better than Melo or Tmac.

It's almost become cliche, but LeBron's passing is exceptional for someone who scores as much as he does. Kobe is capable of doing anything he wants at any time, but he chooses to be selfish more than LeBron does.

If Kobe wanted to lead the league in assists I think he'd have a chance at it.

• Premium Member

I think you have to realize that when you're the only player on your team that is considered good.. your passing numbers will be high. That's by design. However, if Lebron had another good player by his side... Like Allen Iverson. I guarantee you his assists go down.

When Shaq left the Lakers.. Kobe's assists went up... not down.

Like Kobe in that situation, Lebron has the opportunity to have the offense run through him. When doubled he can pass to a guy who can score.

When Kobe played with Shaq, others got Shaq the ball more than Kobe did. So when Shaq left, the offense reverted back into the hands of Kobe. Thus, his assists went up.

• Premium Member

Melo was more clutch in his first 2 seasons, that's the only thing he has on Lebron.

untitled-1.jpg

LeBron is so much better at passing and getting his teammates involved that it's not even comparable. He's also a much better defender because Melo is a freaking statue out there and constantly gets beat off the dribble. That doesn't mean that LeBron is a good defender, but he's at least an average defender, while Melo is just plain bad. LeBron also finishes inside probably better than any SF/SG/PG in the entire NBA. Melo doesn't finish nearly as well.

Carmelo has the better midrange game and is a better FT shooter, I will definitely give him that. He's a better post up player as well. But these 2 advantages are only good for one thing, scoring. The only advantage that Melo MIGHT be better is scoring, but LeBron is the better scorer (so far) this year.

They are comparable, but I'd take LeBron easily.

Quote:

Melo was more clutch in his first 2 seasons, that's the only thing he has on Lebron.

untitled-1.jpg

LeBron is so much better at passing and getting his teammates involved that it's not even comparable. He's also a much better defender because Melo is a freaking statue out there and constantly gets beat off the dribble. That doesn't mean that LeBron is a good defender, but he's at least an average defender, while Melo is just plain bad. LeBron also finishes inside probably better than any SF/SG/PG in the entire NBA. Melo doesn't finish nearly as well.

Carmelo has the better midrange game and is a better FT shooter, I will definitely give him that. He's a better post up player as well. But these 2 advantages are only good for one thing, scoring. The only advantage that Melo MIGHT be better is scoring, but LeBron is the better scorer (so far) this year.

Well put. I agree completely.

Quote:

Quote:

untitled-1.jpg

Well put. I agree completely.

Seconded. Remember, that's just the stats, too. Look at both of them on the court at the same time. The choice is obvious. What is it they say about 6 days of the week and twice on Sunday? Anthony is a garbage scorer. He's a punk, too. Remember the Knicks game where he sucker punched that guy? I'll forever think Carmello needs a purse after that one.

Smitty needs to widen his vocabulary. I'm going to start taking shots whenever he says "Good job ______ " or "Not at all Bob" or "THE CLOSA!"

And LeBron is infinitely times better than Melo. The only players who can say they're better than LeBron are Kobe and Duncan.