• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why Did We Stop Doubling Lebron?

TheDude

In the end when it counted most and when Lebron is showing that he is on fire (and has a history of staying on fire more than most folks), why did we not continue to AGGRESSIVELY double him? If we're gonna lose, let some other guy try to stay that hot. Don't let the guy who can get hot the easiest/longest get shots.

And did Law fall onto the side of a milk carton in the 2nd half?

At one point early in the game I wondered to myself why Law was pounding the ball so much and hopefully that he didnt learn it from Lue. Then I realized it was actually Lue who I was watching (maybe one too many beers). All Lue has to do is take a lesson from AJ- give the ball up fairly quickly and pretend you're not a point guard unless we're on a fast break. You are a spot up shooter essentially.

• Premium Member

In the first and second our doubles were bothering Lebron.

However, I think that his complaints kept getting into the refs ears.

Even Zaza did a good job of doubling.

Please ship Lue back to the bench!!!

Quote:

In the end when it counted most and when Lebron is showing that he is on fire (and has a history of staying on fire more than most folks), why did we not continue to AGGRESSIVELY double him? If we're gonna lose, let some other guy try to stay that hot. Don't let the guy who can get hot the easiest/longest get shots.

And did Law fall onto the side of a milk carton in the 2nd half?

At one point early in the game I wondered to myself why Law was pounding the ball so much and hopefully that he didnt learn it from Lue. Then I realized it was actually Lue who I was watching (maybe one too many beers). All Lue has to do is take a lesson from AJ- give the ball up fairly quickly and pretend you're not a point guard unless we're on a fast break. You are a spot up shooter essentially.

The traps on LeBron worked at first, but once he got comfortable anticpating the double he killed us with his passing. They got a bunch of easy buckets after we doubled LeBron, he found an open man, and that guy either scored or passed to right under the bucket when the only remaining defender came to cover him.

At the end of the game it would have been better than letting LeBron go off like he did, but I thought the traps/doubles did as much damage to us as it did to them. Looked great at first, but they quickly figured out how to take advantage of it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Because Gibson and Gooden were hitting open jump shots.

I would have put Josh on Lebron All night and not doubled made Lebron drive and finish over Josh, even if he fouled out.

Josh was on him a number of times and couldn't keep up with him.

Quote:

Quote:

Because Gibson and Gooden were hitting open jump shots.

I would have put Josh on Lebron All night and not doubled made Lebron drive and finish over Josh, even if he fouled out.

Josh was on him a number of times and couldn't keep up with him.

Josh, Chill and Joe were pretty ineffective on him until Joe really concentrated later in the game. At that point Joe made life difficult, but LeBron still stroked J's in his eyeballs.

I was impressed with Marv's D on LeBron, it was some of the best defense played by a Hawk this season until that late shot when he looked unsure and gave LeBron a huge cushion for a jumper.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I was impressed with Marv's D on LeBron, it was some of the best defense played by a Hawk this season until that late shot when he looked unsure and gave LeBron a huge cushion for a jumper.

I agree! That is another reason I was encouraged by this game! Other than Zaza and Shelden, the Hawks played well even though they didn't shoot the ball well! All of the players looked like they understood and accepted their roles in this game except Zaza of course!