• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Damon Stoudamire requests trade or buyout...

mrhonline

His name intrigues you for a second, but he has no worth being on this team.

We don't need a whiney 5"10 felon whose cousin already stinks it up when he plays 75 % of the time.

I'll take Navarro and Gasol in a blockbuster trade, though. And of course ,if we could get Stoudamire while dumping Speedy, I'm all for it

• Premium Member

He's not Amare either.

However...

He is a former ROY.

He has proven that he can run an offense.

He is a proven uptempo PG.

He can shoot a three pointer.

If it means that we have to give up Lo who does nothing but collect a check...

Then WHY the hell not take Damon Stoudamire??

His resume alone should get him notice in our front office. If his name was Sasha Yublosky... You guys would be kissing his ass!

I don't care what his name is. He is not the type of player we need around these young guys. If we are going to bring in anyone, they have to be a decent character, team-first type of player. Anyone watching the Hawks over the past few years knows just how much more chemistry we have right now. Let's not take measures to blow that up.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Goodwin referred to Griz owner Michael Heisley, who said the team will try within reason to accommodate Stoudamire, 34. Heisley, though, cautioned that the team will consider a lot more than Stoudamire's personal desire if something is done.

"I have deep affection for Damon Stoudamire," Heisley said. "I was invited to and went to his wedding in Hawaii. He's been a stand-up guy. We're not going to treat Damon in a cavalier manner.

"If the opportunity presents itself, I'd love to see Damon play for a championship team. But that means we have to make a trade and somebody has to want him. We all think the world of Damon. We want to do what's in his best interest as long as it's in the best interest of the Grizzlies."

Doesn't sound like the bad boy he used to be.

Quote:

If the opportunity presents itself, I'd love to see Damon play for a championship team. But that means we have to make a trade and somebody has to want him. We all think the world of Damon. We want to do what's in his best interest as long as it's in the best interest of the Grizzlies."

"Um...somebody...anybody...please offer us a trade! I swear, he isn't all that bad!"

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

If the opportunity presents itself, I'd love to see Damon play for a championship team. But that means we have to make a trade and somebody has to want him. We all think the world of Damon. We want to do what's in his best interest as long as it's in the best interest of the Grizzlies."

"Um...somebody...anybody...please offer us a trade! I swear, he isn't all that bad!"

Lo for Damon... That's the Move to make!!

Quote:

I don't care what his name is. He is not the type of player we need around these young guys. If we are going to bring in anyone, they have to be a decent character, team-first type of player. Anyone watching the Hawks over the past few years knows just how much more chemistry we have right now. Let's not take measures to blow that up.

We have Little toughness. He would bring the swagger. Acie would learn a lot with im. Getting Damon would mean moving Lue. Damon is an upgrade.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Lo for Damon... That's the Move to make!!

That one I'd do, but don't know why Mfs would. although that is where Lo is from and he's played there.

• Moderators

I don't know why they'd want Lo back. I guess he has an ending contract.

I'm cool with getting Damon but if he's going to make a demand like that I don't think he has Atlanta in mind. He needs a team that is a contender and we aren't there yet.

• Premium Member

I doubt very seriously that he would be upset with coming to Atlanta. He lives here in the offseason. Moreover, this is about Minutes & Money not rings.

In Memphis he has basically been made 3rd PG (again) because MCJ is coming back. That wouldn't sit with most guys. I think here, he'd be either starting PG or BU behind Acie. However, he'd get much more playing time. AND.... that fits his final year of his contract to a tee.

he has one more year on his contract at 4 million if we do it by trade (which is basically tyron lue's contract) so if we did a lue/stoudmire trade that would basically defer the expiring for one more year. a buyout wouldn't come until march and we would still have to waive someone to pick him up. i would see if they would do a lue/stoudmire trade. it's simple, memphis gets an expring, and we get another shot at getting a more complete point guard. he's not sam cassell, but he does have a few tricks up his sleve.

Don't be fooled by the Dieselputer, and his man-crush on Damon. Hawk fans would quickly realize that he is nothing more than Salim with handles, that shoots better, but plays less defense than his cousin.

Yes, Damon can run an offense, but not any more better than what AJ can. He takes a lot of quick shots in Memphis' uptempo system. 44% of his shots come before 10 or less seconds have elasped off the shot clock.

And a lot of those shots are bad, long jumpers because he doesn't look to take the ball all the way to the hole and score. He's one of the worst finishing PGs in the league when he gets around the rim. Even worse than Acie.

As a shooter, he is extremely streaky. Both Lue and AJ are more consistent shooters than Damon.

And he is a complete liability on defense, which is the reason why Kyle Lowry routinely got more time than Damon. He's Lue-like on defense and isn't as good of a defender than AJ. AJ is also a better leader than Damon.

Just like Luke Ridnour, there's a reason why a guy like Damon finds himself out of the mix.

Trading our scrubs for another scrub that plays the same positon, will not help the Hawks. Especially if he's pretty much a duplicate of what we already have here.

Quote:

I doubt very seriously that he would be upset with coming to Atlanta. He lives here in the offseason. Moreover, this is about Minutes & Money not rings.

In Memphis he has basically been made 3rd PG (again) because MCJ is coming back. That wouldn't sit with most guys. I think here, he'd be either starting PG or BU behind Acie. However, he'd get much more playing time. AND.... that fits his final year of his contract to a tee.

I don't know if he's been dogging it but from what I've seen... he's done. Not like Kenny Anderson done, but done. It seems like he's lost the desire.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Don't be fooled by the Dieselputer, and his man-crush on Damon. Hawk fans would quickly realize that he is nothing more than Salim with handles, that shoots better, but plays less defense than his cousin.

Yes, Damon can run an offense, but not any more better than what AJ can. He takes a lot of quick shots in Memphis' uptempo system. 44% of his shots come before 10 or less seconds have elasped off the shot clock.

And a lot of those shots are bad, long jumpers because he doesn't look to take the ball all the way to the hole and score. He's one of the worst finishing PGs in the league when he gets around the rim. Even worse than Acie.

As a shooter, he is extremely streaky. Both Lue and AJ are more consistent shooters than Damon.

And he is a complete liability on defense, which is the reason why Kyle Lowry routinely got more time than Damon. He's Lue-like on defense and isn't as good of a defender than AJ. AJ is also a better leader than Damon.

Just like Luke Ridnour, there's a reason why a guy like Damon finds himself out of the mix.

Trading our scrubs for another scrub that plays the same positon, will not help the Hawks. Especially if he's pretty much a duplicate of what we already have here.

Stoudamire is a better fit at PG than AJ or Lue. Both AJ and Lue are made for the halfcourt game. They both like to pound seconds off the clock and have the team put up rushed shots. AJ is more efficient, however, at 27 mpg and 6 points a game... his efficiency is really a result of shooting maybe 7 shots a game which will get us killed a series with a team with good defensive PGs.

In essence, our PG has to be a threat to score otherwise we will get killed game after game.

I believe Law/Stoudamire is a better 1-2 punch than Law/AJ.. with our personnell.

Now if we had a great low post presence... AJ would be the best choice. He did his best work in Indy with JO... NOT so well in Dallas with Dirk. It wasn't age, it was the fact that he needs that inside outside game to go with his halfcourt PGing.

Well right now, we're closer to being like Dallas than we are to being like the Pacers (were). We don't have a true low post offensive threat.

You said:

Quote:

he is nothing more than Salim with handles, that shoots better, but plays less defense than his cousin.

If we chalk up any defense we have to team defense, who wouldn't want a PG who can run an offense, has handles, is uptempo, and can shoot better than Salim?

• Premium Member

I plan to watch a little tonight as they play the Celtics.. There's a lot of commotion that the C's want Stoudamire.. however, I think the only way that happens if if his contract is bought out and Heisley would rather watch Damon sit the bench and clap than buy out his contract.