• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If we knew that Speedy was to retire...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Change in Team Outlook: +5.3 ppg, +10.3 rpg, and +1.6 apg.

Incoming Players

Anthony Johnson

6-3 PG from Charleston

6.8 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 5.2 apg in 27.4 minutes

Lorenzen Wright

6-11 C from Memphis

1.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 13.4 minutes

Tyronn Lue

6-0 PG from Nebraska

7.0 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.8 apg in 19.7 minutes

Al Horford

6-9 PF from Florida

8.8 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 30.9 minutes

Marvin Williams

6-8 PF / SF from North Carolina

16.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.0 apg in 36.8 minutes

Outgoing Players

Juan Carlos Navarro

6-3 SG from Spain (Foreign)

10.7 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.4 minutes

Damon Stoudamire

5-10 PG from Arizona

7.8 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 4.0 apg in 21.2 minutes

Pau Gasol

7-0 PF from Spain (Foreign)

17.1 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes

Atlanta Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: -5.3 ppg, -10.3 rpg, and -1.6 apg.

Incoming Players

Juan Carlos Navarro

6-3 SG from Spain (Foreign)

10.7 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.4 minutes

Damon Stoudamire

5-10 PG from Arizona

7.8 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 4.0 apg in 21.2 minutes

Pau Gasol

7-0 PF from Spain (Foreign)

17.1 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes

Outgoing Players

Anthony Johnson

6-3 PG from Charleston

6.8 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 5.2 apg in 27.4 minutes

Lorenzen Wright

6-11 C from Memphis

1.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 13.4 minutes

Tyronn Lue

6-0 PG from Nebraska

7.0 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.8 apg in 19.7 minutes

Al Horford

6-9 PF from Florida

8.8 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 30.9 minutes

Marvin Williams

6-8 PF / SF from North Carolina

16.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.0 apg in 36.8 minutes

IF we could change out AJ/Lo for Speedy...

and

a first rounder from Memphis in 2008....

would this trade be worth talk.

Before you judge to quickly. I suggest that you look at Juan Carlos Navarro... He's definitely a stud.

However, i fail to see why Memphis would want Marvin? Rudy Gay is the maine!!

• Premium Member

I would have a hard time trading Horf for Gasol straight up too.

I would really need a nonprotected first, Navarro, and know that you're taking Speedy.

The truth is that for me, there is some concern that some of our free agents to be will not be kept and we prolly want make a good deal for them.... NOT with Speedy in the books.

Quote:

However, i fail to see why Memphis would want Marvin?

So you propose a Marvin trade then say you fail to see why the other team would want him.

I will have to ask the rest of the board if this comment should be deemed negative towards Marvin. I am obviously a little biased due to our bet.

You can't trade both Horford and Marvin for Gasol. The result of the trade is that we haven't improved the areas that need improvement, and you have weakend a strength. The correct trade is the one on you posted from the trade board, but with an exchange of Speedy for AJ, Navarro I think has to come with that for $ reasons.

A front court of Marvin, Horfrod, and Gasol works extremely well togehter. Sheldon provides backup for both Horf and Gasol in this case. Childress becomes the primary swing man, while Navarro is the primary backcourt guy until Law is ready.

Smith, Gasol, Sheldon doesn't work. The rotations are all messed up, and that starting line up is too relient on post offense. Plus, Smith has no outside shot to spread the floor.

Nah, he's not hatin' on Marvin on this one. Rudy does play the exact same position, so it really wouldn't make sense. They also have Warrick as a back-up, so Marvin woudl just be overkill when they have so many other glaring holes.

Also, Sekou was very clear that Speedy isn't considering retiring, that in all likelihood would have the microfracture surgery and see where it got him, including sitting out all of next year if that's what it takes. Not what I wanted to read, but very clearly written.

• Moderators

Quote:

Nah, he's not hatin' on Marvin on this one. Rudy does play the exact same position, so it really wouldn't make sense. They also have Warrick as a back-up, so Marvin woudl just be overkill when they have so many other glaring holes.

I think ex's point is that D was the one who included Marvin's name and then said it didn't make sense because Gay is better. Ex was arguing that if it didn't make sense then D wouldn't have put it in the proposed trade (because why make a proposal that doesn't make sense) and that this might be evidence that his proposed Horf/Marvin trade was a pretext for a way to bash Marvin.

I don't think this one gets to the bashing Marvin level though ex. Perplexing but not crossing the line to bashing would be my take.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

However, i fail to see why Memphis would want Marvin?

So you propose a Marvin trade then say you fail to see why the other team would want him.

I will have to ask the rest of the board if this comment should be deemed negative towards Marvin. I am obviously a little biased due to our bet.

Somebody is not doing well with their thread reading...

Quote:

I ran across this on the Memphis Boards...

• Premium Member

Maybe Look at the top of Page 7.

It's somewhere else in the thread (written by Shake and Bake) however, I couldn't begin to tell you where.

Moreover, about the Gaye Statement. I just think that Gay is a Sf... Marvin is a Sf. Gay is a crowd pleaser. He's the maine in Memphis. Unless they would want to try Marvin at the PF for which they would then not need Horf, I don't understand wanting Marvin on their part.

What is this crush you have on Damon Stoudamire? The Memphis fans are flat out elated that Damon has done this. He's not a PG worthy of serious discussion, and he's going to quickly find that out when no one trades for him. And if a team trades for him, they'll give up a 2nd round pick or some scrub that they're trying to get rid of. Whatever the case, he's not going to see major PT on his new team either.

As far as Navarro goes, he's stricty a scorer that plays no defense. But he's more valuable to a team than Damon.

Quote:

I don't think this one gets to the bashing Marvin level though ex.

As i am sure you know "bashing" wasn't the criteria specified in the bet.

But since nobody seems to see this as a "negative word" about Marvin i guess i will just have to wait for his next slip.

• Premium Member

I like Damon because he's better than Lue or Speedy and he's more uptempo than Aj.

I just hate seeing our offense run into this loll. We play with no sense of purpose from time to time. I believe it has to do with PG play specifically.

Like we would like for Acie, DS is a guy who can drive and kick or drive and score and is uptempo.

If we wanted Acie to be a walk it up run the halfcourt set, AJ is the perfect mentor, but I don't think that's the case.

I can see the Smoove deal being fair, but I wouldn't do it. They can have Shelden and Zaza instead of Smoove or if they want Smoove that bad they can send us Conley in addition to Gasol.

The other deal is just ridiculous and it seems like the Grizz fans know there is no way it would ever happen.