• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anthony Johnson is no so bad???

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm first to admit that he's not what I want to see our team move toward (style wise)... However...

Anthony Johnson

Atlanta Hawks

Position: G

Height: 6-3 Weight: 195

College: Charleston (SC)

Player file | Team stats

2007-08 Statistics

PPG 6.8

RPG 2.7

APG 4.9

SPG 1.0

BPG 0.2

FG% 0.441

FT% 0.789

3P% 0.469

MPG 27.6

When you consider AJ as a halfcourt PG, he's very efficient. He does have some blaring deficiencies on defense. BUT.... Offensively, he's steady.

Lue must go!!!

Somebody write BK a note and tell him we're expected a Lue trade.

Tell em that Diesel said:

Lue/Zaza to LAL for Brown!

There is no question that AJ is playing above and beyond expectations and that he has lent a steadying hand to the starting five.

The only question marks his play raise are whether he can keep it up this season (he is older, so may wear down) and will Law be ready next year to take over.

Quote:

That actually isn't a bad idea. Granted Kwame is expiring but that is ok. At least we would get out of the last year of Zaza's contract. We would have more money to either resign Kwame (or sign Diop) and then get a shooter.

In essence that deal would help short and long term. Get Mitch on the phone!

Quote:

Quote:

That actually isn't a bad idea. Granted Kwame is expiring but that is ok. At least we would get out of the last year of Zaza's contract. We would have more money to either resign Kwame (or sign Diop) and then get a shooter.

Why would LA do this? Why would any team with playoff aspirations pick up Lue and Zaza?

Quote:

Why would any team with playoff aspirations pick up Lue and Zaza?

They were trying to sign Lue when he signed here. Jackson likes him. If i remember right their pg rotation is Fish, Crit and Farmar. I have no doubt they would like to have Lue.

They have Bynum and Mihm playing center now, as well as Turiaf when they go small. I don't think Brown is getting any time (he may be hurt) and probably isn't in their future plans.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why would LA do this? Why would any team with playoff aspirations pick up Lue and Zaza?

Well, of course, LAL has other considerations because Brown could be used in a trade for talent/big contract... BUT I think that right now, LAL has to like it's Chemistry. Mix in Lue (whom Jackson likes because he can hit the open shots) and Zaza who would be a bit of Usable talent; not great talent... and I think this deal isn't so bad for both teams.

• Premium Member

right now, with the way the Lakers are playing... They have a get out of Jail free card.

I think Jackson has a little leverage that he can pick players he wants right now and nobody will say a word.