• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Case for keeping Childress

gsuteke

Quote:

Quote:

If i want to know how well a player is finishing inside i look at the catagory of inside finishes that aren't dunks and tips. That is where any improvement will show up.

pillepalle.gif

I guess you believe that Dwight Howard Sucks then!

As usual your lack of logic comes through loud and clear.

Northcyde was making the point that Childress is finishing better inside compared to previous seasons.

Two years ago Childress scored 2.3 ppg on tips and dunks. This year he is scoring 2.1 ppg on tips and dunks (on a worse percentage).

So where is the big improvement? Obviously it is on inside shots that aren't tips and dunks.

• Premium Member

Josh Childress

2007-2008......Inside Scoring = 7.0 (69.6%)

2006-2007......Inside Scoring = 7.3 (61.7%)

2005-2006......Inside scoring = 5.4 (62.8%)

I don't know... maybe you want to break your statistics down to how he scores on nights where his fro is picked out vs. On nights where it's night... or maybe on Nights that he where's the blue uniform vs. the white.

However, if you want to know if Chillz is improving as an inside player, the numbers are above. Percentage wise, it seems to me that he is!

Go ahead and get your spin together agenda man.

violin-1.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Josh Childress

I don't know... maybe you want to break your statistics down to how he scores on nights where his fro is picked out vs. On nights where it's night... or maybe on Nights that he where's the blue uniform vs. the white.

However, if you want to know if Chillz is improving as an inside player, the numbers are above. Percentage wise, it seems to me that he is!

violin-1.gif

He has obviously improved his inside scoring. The bottom number is the only thing that matters because it doesn't matter if you finish with a dunk or a layup. And 17% of Childress's shots are coming from dunks/tips this season, so it's definitely a significant number. We are probably wrong though, because we are idiots and exodus knows everything.

Quote:

Josh Childress

violin-1.gif

Lascar was right. Vicks dead dogs know more about statistics than you do.

Here is the breakdown of Childress' shots this year and two years ago.

2005/2006

Jump 37% .508 2.5

Close 43% .521 3.1 ppg

Dunk 14% .986 1.9 ppg

Tips 6% .552 0.4 ppg

http://www.82games.com/0506/05ATL8A.HTM

2007/2008

Jump 32% .361 1.7 ppg

Close 51% .640 4.8 ppg

Dunk 13% .909 1.7 ppg

Tips 4% .714 0.4 ppg

http://www.82games.com/0708/07ATL7A.HTM

Which catagory shows major improvement? Obviously it is the close shots that aren't dunks and tips.

And while his inside percentage has improved his jump shot percentage has dropped over 14%. So much for Childress being able to hit the open shot and spread the defense.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Josh Childress

violin-1.gif

Lascar was right. Vicks dead dogs know more about statistics than you do.

Here is the breakdown of Childress' shots this year and two years ago.

2005/2006

Jump 37% .508 2.5

Close 43% .521 3.1 ppg

Dunk 14% .986 1.9 ppg

Tips 6% .552 0.4 ppg

http://www.82games.com/0506/05ATL8A.HTM

2007/2008

Jump 32% .361 1.7 ppg

Close 51% .640 4.8 ppg

Dunk 13% .909 1.7 ppg

Tips 4% .714 0.4 ppg

http://www.82games.com/0708/07ATL7A.HTM

Which catagory shows major improvement? Obviously it is the close shots that aren't dunks and tips.

while his inside percentage has improved his jump shot percentage has dropped over 14%. So much for Childress being able to hit the open shot and spread the defense.

I find it funny how you conveniently leave out Inside scoring numbers that was given?? Was there a reason? Like Atlas said... It doesn't matter if it's a dunk, a tip in, a layup, etc... It's an inside score and it has improved. YET... You want to first Discard the inside scoring stat

And second argue something that is less relevant. Like I said.. you may want to look at how Chillz did with Dunks and tip ins while he wore footies vs. regular socks? It doesn't matter agendaman. Stop compensating!

drevil.gif

Quote:

It doesn't matter if it's a dunk, a tip in, a layup, etc... It's an inside score and it has improved. YET... You want to first Discard the inside scoring stat

Wow you are clueless.

I didn't leave out the inside scoring stat at all. i just gave the breakdown. Inside scoring INCLUDES DUNKS, TIPS, AND CLOSE SHOTS. I INCLUDED ALL OF THEM.

Childress dunks and tips HAVEN'T IMPROVED AT ALL . it is his CLOSE in attempts (not dunks and tips) that have improved. Meanwhile his jumper has gotten worse.

I dont see why this is so hard for you to understand. But then again considering your past posts i should expect it.

• Premium Member

exodus is just a jackass, he will argue about anything at anytime. He argues about things like why the sky is blue. Who gives a damn what it is? The fact is that Childress's inside scoring has improved, which is all that matters. There's no reason to have an argument with exodus AT ALL, because all he does is repeat the same things a million times and insult like he's the all knowing hierarchy. I will never waste one more second discussing anything with him.

This discussion is just a diversion from the real problems. We have a lot of problems. Chill isn't near the top of the list. If we ever want to be a real team, not just a "oh, that's cute" type of team, we need to upgrade over what Childress can do, though. You can't tell me that his inability to shoot is not a severely disabling factor for the team. If you don't know what I'm talking about or try to throw some stat at me then we are at an impass. I appreciate his effort and desire. I just don't want his game on my team.

Quote:

If you don't know what I'm talking about or try to throw some stat at me then we are at an impass.

Not aimed at you, gsuteke.

I agree. We don't need to argue if it's chicken or steak - if Woody and he thinks it's a tire. All the problems really start at the top. 'till that gets fixed, we are screwed. Good players will have to leave to play on a real team or they will stay here and decay.

DrReality is right: Fire Woody. Fire Billy. Settle the owner squabble. Bring in some experience and start fixing things. Just do it.