• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Mario West

HAWKSFAN

When we were winning, he was getting regular playing time and early in games. I know that it was usually attributable to Childress' health, but I think he still deserves minutes early in games. He really set the tone defensively and our guys seemed to give better effort. We were grabbing all kinds of offensive rebounds and playing great defense during the streak.

Hawks need (Desperately) to have an "Energy Squad" when

they start going sideways and both Childress and Mario

West should be on it.

When everyone else seems to be standing around waiing for

something to happen, these two have the ability to

make things happen.

bannana_guitar.gif

Quote:

West should be playing PG and SG minutes for us. There is no reason to play JJ 42 minutes a game. It is insane.

West should be playing around 15 minutes a game, and JJ's minutes need to go down to around 35-36.

Why do people keep saying this about JJ? The minute JJ goes to the bench, all hell breaks loose 80% of the time, and we can't do anything offensively.

While he doesn't have Lebron's talent, his importance to us is equal to Lebron's on the Cavs. Chill stepped up last night with JJ out, but it has to happen on a more consistent basis. Either Chill, Marvin, or Smoove need to prove that they can sustain the offense . . . or play stellar defense, to not lose ground on the scoreboard with JJ out.

Until then, JJ has to play 40 minutes a night, in order for us to win . . . just like Lebron, D-Wade, Iverson, and all of those other cats.

Quote:

West should be playing PG and SG minutes for us. There is no reason to play JJ 42 minutes a game. It is insane.

West should be playing around 15 minutes a game, and JJ's minutes need to go down to around 35-36.

Well I don't know who's minutes he should get but the guy brings energy, major athleticism (did you see that tomahawk dunk last night?) and toughness. He's even quick enough to get a steal here and there. I can't see him guarding very fast PGs (none of our guys can)...but I like the guy.