• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Allright I'm getting a little pissed now

gsuteke

Question:

Does any one kniw? Was the officiating as bad as the

radio announcers seemed to think?

JJ seemed to be getting hit a lot inside with no call.

Also, late in the game, a shot after the clock ran out.

by the announcers account, wasn't called and it

counted.

Any one know????

frown.gif

I think JJ was frustrated with not getting to the line while VC was living there. But the way to handle that situatiuon is not to go soft and throw in the towel. JJ really needs to show some heart and mental toughness out there.

Smoove and Chillz are looking real good and we can't afford to have Horford in foul trouble. Our back-up bigs provided NOTHING once again.

You say JJ needs to show some heart and while he may have tried to do a little much he was taking the ball aggressively to the basket unless he had an open shot(which he couldnt make) and just doesnt get the calls like VC, Kobe, or Tmac does. Hes the type of star that doesnt put a whole lot of top 10 sportscenter highlights like these other guys and doesnt get the calls either.

I am trying not to have a knee-jerk reaction either. If this team doesn't get this thing turn around soon. They are just opening the door for the other teams to get back in it. They had a chance to build some distance between themselves and others. Now that gap is just 1/2 game from being out of the playoffs.

Quote:

I am trying not to have a knee-jerk reaction either. If this team doesn't get this thing turn around soon. They are just opening the door for the other teams to get back in it. They had a chance to build some distance between themselves and others. Now that gap is just 1/2 game from being out of the playoffs.

. . . and 1.5 games from being in 4th place again.

The thing about the East that people always need to remember, is that 12 of the 15 teams in this conference are highly schizophrenic. Outside of Boston, Detroit, and Orlando, every single team in this conference has emdured a 4 - 5 game losing streak.

None of these teams are going to run away from us, as long as we avoid an extended losing streak or stretch. Indy is out west right now, so we'll see how they hold up.

We have 4 home games before we start our West trip. We need to win at least 2 of them. And no, it doesn't matter which 2, as long as we win 2. Winning 3 or 4 would be extremely nice. But 2 is more realistic.

If we go 5 - 5 in our next 10 games, we'll still be a playoff seed.

Gotta love the East.

Quote:

Question:

counted.

Any one know????

frown.gif

I think this is when Josh Boone got a dunk as the shot clock expired. I watched the NBA Broadband feed of the Nets TV broadcast and they showed multiple slow motion replays. My thoughts was that the ball was still on Boones fingertips when the shot clock expired, however it was really close and a tough call on the officials in normal motion. It could have gone either way.

Cheers

Rick

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Question:

counted.

Any one know????

frown.gif

I think this is when Josh Boone got a dunk as the shot clock expired. I watched the NBA Broadband feed of the Nets TV broadcast and they showed multiple slow motion replays. My thoughts was that the ball was still on Boones fingertips when the shot clock expired, however it was really close and a tough call on the officials in normal motion. It could have gone either way.

Cheers

Rick

That is how it looked live.

The referees were aweful, however. They gave a LOT of touch fouls to Jefferson, Carter and Kidd without giving guys like Acie Law, JJ, etc. the same consideration. The names on the back of the jersies went a long way for the Nets last night.

That said, exodus is right that our turnovers problems and JJ's aweful shooting were problems of our own creation. JJ is particularly frustrating he missed some wide open jumpers and passed up some wide open jumpers last night that could have made the difference. Just a brutal game for him, IMO.

I don't know the source of his frustation (management, coaching, teammates, constant double teams, his own poor play, a combination of all of the above, etc.) but being at the game, it seemed like his frustration was tangible. I am almost positive that he got his 6th foul on purpose in the last game against the Nets out of frustration. It seemed like he just wanted out of the game. I know he didn't get a call on either of two shot attempts just prior to that last foul but I think his foul out was "a get me the hell out of here" kind of play. He kew that he had 5 fouls and he actually fouled the guy 3 times before the ref finally made the call.

I think Jason Kidd defended him incredibly well in that game and he was never able to get comfortable or find his rhythm. Kidd is so strong that he would not let JJ get to the spots that he likes. He even forced JJ to shoot his patented floater off balance every time he tried it and JJ couldn't hit one to save his life.

My hope is that JJ will relax and just play his game rather than trying to do too much because both Smoove and Marvin were hitting shots in that game. If he would just be the wonderful facilitator that he can be when his shot is not falling rather than trying to force it, he will still help us tremendously.

If the source of JJ's frustration is management's seeming inability to make a move, he has got to get over that. Both Kobe and LeBron are playing great despite their frustrations with their teams' management. He just needs to focus on the things he can control and play like the superstar that I know he can be. If he does that, we might not be as good as he would like for us to be but we will have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs.

With all of the talk about JJ having a horrible game, it might shock some of you to find out that he dang near had a triple-double vs the Nets. ( 9 pts - 8 rebs - 8 asst - 4 stls )

Other than his shooting, he had a damn impressive game.

But when shooting is supposed to be your strength, that gets magnifed.

I agree with the comments about JJ missing shots though. The tough shots are one thing, but the wide open looks are another. He has to knock those down.

If JJ shot 6 - 16 FGs vs Jersey, but hit 2 threes in the process, you're now talking about him scoring 15 pts, with 8 rebs, 8 asst, and 4 stls. That might have been enough to pull the game out.

He had 4 TOs and 3 of those rebounds were "Zaza rebounds" as they came off of his own missed shots.

The real reason I feel that he played worse than the stats indicate though is that I thought everything related to him in the game was forced. We were trying to FORCE the ball to him even when Kidd was in great position to prevent him from catching it. Then we he got the ball, he FORCED some REALLY bad shots over double (and triple) teams rather than passing the ball to the open man. Sometimes JJ makes unbelievably tough shots when he forces the action but Kidd defended him as well as I've ever seen anyone defend him.

I love JJ and I think he is a great player but he needs to play a LOT better than he has played during our 4 game losing streak. His BEST game during that span was his 24 pt (8 of 18 shooting)/2 reb/2 asst performance against CLE and his perfomance in that game was actually skewed a little. Take away the two bombs he hit in the last 11 secs of the game and in the first 47:49 of the game, he was 6/16 (38%) shooting with 18 pts/2 rebs/2 assts. When that is your All Star SG's BEST game in a 4-game stretch, that is simply not good enough.

• Premium Member

I agree about JJ. He has to play better. I think there's a relation to AJ play and JJ's play... There's a missing link somewhere on this team. It might be Marvin.. All I know is if Smoove is scoring and Marvin/Chillz are scoring... Why is it that JJ can't score?

Is it true about us that JJ determines weather we win or lose regardless of who else is on?

I still maintain that it's got to be difficult for JJ because he's played for a real pro coach with the Suns. Comparing Woody to the Suns coach is like comparing a hag to a beauty queen. And that has to have some impact on JJ.

He's one if not the only guy who's played for a winner and he knows what that takes. And I think his comments about needing help reflect that. He can only do so much. There are personnel issues that could help, but there are coaching decisions that could make this team better . . . . and I gotta think JJ knows that.