• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Allright I'm getting a little pissed now

gsuteke

Quote:

He had 4 TOs and 3 of those rebounds were "Zaza rebounds" as they came off of his own missed shots.

The real reason I feel that he played worse than the stats indicate though is that I thought everything related to him in the game was forced. We were trying to FORCE the ball to him even when Kidd was in great position to prevent him from catching it. Then we he got the ball, he FORCED some REALLY bad shots over double (and triple) teams rather than passing the ball to the open man. Sometimes JJ makes unbelievably tough shots when he forces the action but Kidd defended him as well as I've ever seen anyone defend him.

I love JJ and I think he is a great player but he needs to play a LOT better than he has played during our 4 game losing streak. His BEST game during that span was his 24 pt (8 of 18 shooting)/2 reb/2 asst performance against CLE and his perfomance in that game was actually skewed a little. Take away the two bombs he hit in the last 11 secs of the game and in the first 47:49 of the game, he was 6/16 (38%) shooting with 18 pts/2 rebs/2 assts. When that is your All Star SG's BEST game in a 4-game stretch, that is simply not good enough.

But that's kind of what I'm talking about. That same type of performance in Cleveland, may have pulled the game out. The te bombs he hit at the end, cut the lead to 2. He did something similar to that in the first Detroit game, that rapidly closed the gap in that game as well. If he goes 6 - 16 in the NJ game, that may have been enough.

I agree though, he has to shoot better consistently, in order for us to win. I'd rather for him to shoot 40% every game, than shoot 48% one game, and 30% in the next few games following. We have very little chance of winning when JJ shoots below 35%.