• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woodson sent BK a message last night

BHayley

He played ZaZa 2 minutes, Shelden 11 minutes, and Horford only played 22 because of foul trouble. So what did he do? He put Josh Smith and Childress in at Center and power forward respectively, even though the Nets were using bigs like Josh Boone, who were getting crucial rebounds. Woodson could've easily used Lo or ZaZa or Shelden, but my guess is that he is fed up with not having a big who can cover the lane and get boards, so he left Smith at center.

We need a trade soon...

That lineup actually got us back in the game in that 3rd quarter too. Not sure if JJ or Chill was at the 4, but it wa definitely a frontline of Smoove, Chill, and JJ . . with Law and Mario in the backcourt.

Woody routinely played Smove at the 5 last year, especially in the 2nd half of the season, so that he could use his quickness to drive past his man.

The situation with Shelden and Zaza is definitely becoming a problem. It'll be interesting to see if they indeed are trying to move both of them, for another big man.

Playing Solo probably isn't the answer either, but he may have to start playing him, just to see if he can send a message to Shelden and Zaza.

• Moderators

Quote:

That lineup actually got us back in the game in that 3rd quarter too. Not sure if JJ or Chill was at the 4, but it wa definitely a frontline of Smoove, Chill, and JJ . . with Law and Mario in the backcourt.

Mario covered their interior players a lot during that stretch on switches and did reasonably well. Getting him in the game was a definite upgrade over Zaza and Shelden.

I was at the game and I don't think he was sending a message, but doing good coaching. I believe he realized that Shell, ZaZa and Lo couldn't handle the athleticism(sp) of NJ. It wasn't on TV by Jefferson (I think) made Shell his "B" on one dunk, but our bigs just couldn't run and jump with them except for Smith, MWilliams, Chill and Horford(but he got in foul trouble).

We lost this game due to JJ having a bad night and when we needed shooter after MWilliams fouled out none were available (Salim was wareing a suit).

In the last 2 min we almost pulled it out.

January 6, 2008 - 8:13 pm

Press Release -

The Golden State Warriors have waived center DJ Mbenga, Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Mullin announced today.

Mbenga, who originally signed with Golden State as a free agent on November 17, 2007, appeared in 16 games for the Warriors, averaging 1.2 points and 1.9 rebounds in 8.9 minutes per

Any takers????